Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Gay Pride Kitties!!!
05-11-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Gay Pride Kitties!!!
(05-09-2016 08:10 AM)Diovona Resident Wrote:  Also, if that's at all possible, it would be awesome if they are breedable regardless of gender. Why shouldn't two boy cats or two girl cats have kittens together? ;-)

Totally was where I was going with the idea...but where you'd see Breed in our regular menu, it would say Adopt...same process..they'd still give you a box. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Rainbow RE: Gay Pride Kitties!!!
(05-11-2016 12:52 AM)Elainia Beaumont Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:10 AM)Diovona Resident Wrote:  Also, if that's at all possible, it would be awesome if they are breedable regardless of gender. Why shouldn't two boy cats or two girl cats have kittens together? ;-)

Totally was where I was going with the idea...but where you'd see Breed in our regular menu, it would say Adopt...same process..they'd still give you a box. Smile

Idea OMG I'm dense. Now I get it. I hope that's doable. That would be so much fun. Yasssss!
 Thanks given by: Elainia Beaumont
05-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Personally I think this would hurt the secondary markets. Many times people go out shopping for cats because they have a couple boys and need girls. If they're able to just breed their boys together they're not going to need to shop for them any more.
 Thanks given by: Shamu077 Resident , Jelly Supply , Tad Carlucci , Elainia Beaumont
05-11-2016, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 11:43 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Actually, the down-stream effect would be far worse than simply removing the market for mates when one does not have one.

The big thing I see is it would decrease the time from a discovery/rare value to its becoming common-as-mud/valueless. I'd have to do the math, but, at first blush, I'd suggest it would reduce the time-to-crash by about 75%.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2016, 01:07 PM
(05-11-2016 06:07 AM)Jag Jetcity Wrote:  Personally I think this would hurt the secondary markets. Many times people go out shopping for cats because they have a couple boys and need girls. If they're able to just breed their boys together they're not going to need to shop for them any more.

This is true. However, I think it would be okay with just one set of Collectible Kitties. Allow them to adopt during their breeding life span but their offspring do not pass this ability.
05-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Valid points Jag and Tad. I hadn't thought about ramifications on the secondary markets. If Deidra's idea were possible, that might be the best option.
05-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Maybe if the adopting cats would only be able to adopt starter-cats? Like All-gen cats?

Otherwise, I like the idea of maybe having a statue pride-flag cat? Smile
05-12-2016, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 06:29 AM by Reven Rosca.)
tl;dr
Yay for gay pride kitties, but keep it simple!

I'm all for pride kitties, and they should of course be sold as same gender couples.
But: Enabling same gender breeding will not only be negative for the market, it works around one of the major problems actual same gender couples have: They are unable to have offspring without a donor or adoption.

KC adoptions could be fun, but to be true to life, the adopted kitten must have totally random traits. I don't think breeders would want this.
Using a donor, on the other hand, is easy peasy and just what we do all the time. Buy a gay couple or two, mate them with cats of the other gender, and Voila! Kitten!

Sounds familiar, right?

Don't overthink this, please.
LGBT persons are simply normal persons who love their own gender, all gender or don't quite fit into the society's cis gender norms. We don't have any special "breeding abilities", and neither should LGBT pride kitties have such abilities.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Elainia Beaumont , JC Aferdita , Eleanor8 Resident
05-12-2016, 08:12 PM
I think that's probably the very best idea, Ravyn. Just have special coats and same sex couples...but you would need a donor to breed. Supports LGBT communities AND the secondary markets at the same time.Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)