Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

I'm new to this please help?
02-26-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm new to this please help?
I have a perma-cat and a non perma cat does my perma-cat need food? and how do I make my non perma cat into a perma-cat? Please help, thankyou.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2016, 12:03 PM
RE: I'm new to this please help?
Perma do not need food and you can buy a permapet bottle at mainstore depending on age of cat as there are 2 different bottles. Cant think ! one is 1500l one is 1800l ,,,, or u can just buy food for the non perma one Smile

Heart PrincessHeart
It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens.
02-26-2016, 01:04 PM
ages 7-120 days is at 1800L and 120 days or older 1500L Big Grin
 Thanks given by: princesspoison100 Resident
02-26-2016, 04:30 PM
If you turn the breed off in the kitties menu, one bowl of food I believe will last 8 weeks. Many have figured it to be a lot cheaper to go that route. Personally I like to perma pet so I don't have to worry about feeding them.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
02-26-2016, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 07:02 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
If you intend to leave them out full-time, and expect them to be out for continuously for a year or two, it's cheapest to purchase a Perma-Pet kit.

One bowl will feed at Pet-Food level for 56 days, so you'll need a bit more than two bowls (2 bowls = 112 days, plus 16% of a third bowl to get to 121 days). A single bowl costs L$175, for a cost of L$379. A 20-pack costs L$2980, for a cost of L$322. At breeding level, the costs for food are doubled. So, if you're going to Perma-Pet a box (0-days old), it's cheapest to purchase the Perma-Pet Kit immediately and avoid all food costs.

The question is: 'Is it worth even purchasing a Perma-Pet kit?"

Our specific plans effect the answer. Here are four options:

If we have a box, and never want to breed it, the cheapest option is to purchase a kit for L$1800 immediately never having fed the cat.

If we want to breed for the full 121 days, however, and we purchase only 20-packs to minimize food costs, we'll spend a pro-rated L$644 (about 5 of the 20 bowls). After that, the cost of a kit equals about 562 days of Pet-level food; for a total age of 683 days. So, if we want to leave the cat out, in-world, full-time, for a MINIMUM of 683 days (that's about 22 months), the cheapest option is to purchase a kit for L$1500 immediately upon the cat's attaining 121 days of age.

If, however, we want to breed the cat to 121 days, then only leave it out, in-world, for 5 weeks a year (that's 1 week to get healthy and 4 weeks on display), letting it starve the remainder of the time, the cost of a kit equals 9024 days, for a total age of 9145. So, if we intend to have the cat out for 121 days, then only 35 days, per year, until a MINIMUM of 9145 days of age (that's a bit over 25 years), then it is cheaper to apply a Perma-Pet kit when the cat reaches 121 days of age.

BUT

If we are only setting the cat out for 5 weeks a year, and do not expect to have been on Second Life continuously (or, at least for that annual event) until 2041 then it's cheaper to starve the cat when we don't need it in-world and never purchase a Perma-Pet kit.

Hmm. I can see I'll have to be sure Charm and I modify our wills to set up trust fund which requires our kids to log into Second Life as Charm EVERY YEAR and enter the Christmas decorating contest, using her Christmas Collectibles which she's made Perma-Pet, until they, too, reach retirement age. The kids, not the cats! ;-O
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , debraworks2 Resident
02-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Wow! I was considering Perma-Pet for some of my older cats, but I certainly won't be here in 2041 (on the planet that is). I guess the poor babies get to "starve" in invy unless I want to see them. But...there are a couple who stay out all the time, not just 5 days a year..I bet its still worth it to Perma them, even if I am an "old lady".

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
02-27-2016, 07:45 PM
I, myself, am too lazy to do the whole heal them up and stuff after having kept them in inventory. I would just rather permapet them and be done with the whole food-fiddling that is needed. So, for me, the Permapet is well worth it Smile Now I can keep them in inventory without them getting sick, and I can keep them out in my home without them complaining about there not being any food, it's awesome!
02-29-2016, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016 11:43 PM by AnkiD Resident.)
I would say If you don't have the time and resources to either permapet or feed either watch to get firestorm kitty that they have each year that come as pemapets or don't bother having a cat at all, rather then starving a non perme-pet one
03-24-2016, 08:06 PM
I have a Perma-Pet. I was holding him yesterday and while holding him he sprouted a blanket and a pillow and something in his mouth which might be a thermometer. Is he sick? He has slept ever since. He has food and I play with him daily. I worry.
03-24-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2016 09:34 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Perma-pets cannot get sick. If it's sick, it's not a Perma-pet. Also, if you check your Pedigree it should be listed as a Perma-pet; as it should also say in in-world chat if you click on it and select Info.

Normal (non-perma-pet) cats must eat to avoid getting sick, and to get well after they do get sick. Cats in inventory cannot eat (since their scripts are not running).

Cats you're 'holding' .. that is, Cuddling, can only eat special hand-held food. It can NOT eat food on the ground (since they cannot communicate with those bowls). Hand-held (Portable) food should be available at the main shop.

N.B. -- You can set a cat to 'pet' food level. This halves the food in needs to eat, but does NOT make it a Perma-pet. I think this is the cause of confusion for some.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)