Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pedigree List Not Synced w Inventory
02-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Pedigree List Not Synced w Inventory
When I look at the pedigree page for my account, I see kitten boxes listed that I cannot find in inventory anywhere (I think I sold them) and I have a boxed kitten or two in my inventory that are not listed in the pedigree page.

Does this update on an irregular basis or something like that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Pedigree List Not Synced w Inventory
Cats MUST be in-world, or in the Cattery, AT LEAST ONCE to appear in your Pedigree.

If you purchase a cat or box from someone, say by IM, and they hand you the box as an inventory transfer, that cat or box will still appear on THEIR Pedigree roster.

Cats and boxes in your inventory can not run their scripts; so are incapable of communicating to record the transfer of ownership.

This is one of the many reasons why keeping cats and boxes in inventory, as opposed to in the Cattery, is so dangerous.

To 'sync' your Pedigree you will need to rez each and every one of those cats and boxes in-world.

When you do so, I ***STRONGLY*** suggest you send them to the Cattery rather than take them back into inventory.

If you sold any, it's highly likely you'll have a number which say 'DUPLICATE, DELETE ME'. DO NOT DO THAT!!! Start a document, or just write down, every UUID which says it's a Duplicate.

Also, if they have been in inventory a while, they will not be up to, or past, version 1.49. So, you will probably have some which would NOT go into the Cattery. For these, you should FIRST go to the Main Shop and get an updater. Run the updater and try sending all the cats and boxes to the Cattery one more time. For those which do NOT go to the Cattery when you tell them to, write down every UUID.

When you are done you should have:

1) A number (hopefully zero) of cats which say 'DUPLICATE, DELETE ME', with each UUID written in a document on your computer.

2) A number (hopefully zero) of cats which would not update or would not go into the Cattery, with the UUID written in a document on your computer.

3) A number (hopefully zero) of cats which appear on your Pedigree roster and which are NOT in your Cattery and cannot be located anywhere in-world, with the UUID for each writting in a document on your computer.

Go the the Support section (link at the top of the web page) and file a Support ticket. Explain what you've done and include each of the three lists of UUIDs.

I have Charm do this every year or so. This year we got lucky and there are NO problems. But, each of the four previous years, there's been a few .. before there was a Cattery, it would be 20 or so cats and boxes a year which had a problem. But, with the Cattery, that number has dropped off considerably.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I think I understand, thank you. So what do I do to tidy up the boxes which appear in my pedigree as me owning them but that i do not actually have in inventory or cattery? Just make a list of their ID numbers and send in a support ticket and see what i get back as a duplicate?
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Yes.

Normally, support tickets can take up to a day or two to resolve. If you have several of problems, I'd expect it to take a bit longer, though.

The CSR staff has access to records for everyone. So a cat which says 'Duplicate, Delete Me' might actually be a duplicate (which they'll tell you to delete); or it may actually be your cat (and they'll send you a replacement).

And, sometimes, you find old, outdated cats which were languishing in your inventory. You'll need a CSR's help getting those cats updated and into the Cattery and Menagerie.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)