Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Valentine Cat Disappeared
02-17-2016, 11:35 AM
New Valentine Cat Disappeared
I TP and crashed with 2 New Valentine Cats attached. When I relog 1 cat was attached the other was in inventory . I rezz the cat that was in inventory then a permission to animate the cat came up and I granted permission to re attach . When the cat was reattached it was not showing in inventory so I rez on the ground in world and the cat disappeared . New cats and New traits , The same happen to my confetti cats . I don't have good luck with the cats when it comes to new traits I have to buy live cats from the love shack if I want to get new traits. I breed the same cats as everyone else does and come up with genesis starters. What do I have to do to keep good cats and breed the for the new traits ?. My confetti cats have given 2 boxes , 1 genesis and the other a blue tabby. Angel

Honey Bee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: New Valentine Cat Disappeared
1) Logging out, for any reason, with cats attached can cause the cats to disappear. The root cause is an SL bug having to do with no-copy attachments. The best course of action is, before teleporting, ALWAYS DROP your cats, first. Detaching, for any reason, including log-out or crashes, can tickle this bug. This is an old, worn-out Second Life bug, which I doubt will ever be completely swatted.

2) All Starters have a CHANCE at having a given trait value. It's a lottery and not everyone will win. If you're interested in specific trait values, as you've discovered, you're best off purchasing them.

3) Confetti Cats have a LOW CHANCE of producing Confetti offspring. Currently, I'd put the odds at about 1-in-10. So, having only two non-Confetti offspring from a pair of Confetti parents, and neither showing Confetti, should be expected.

4) Genesis trait values are the most-dominant trait values out there. If one parent shows a Genesis value and the other does not, one should expect about 1/2 of the offspring will also show that Genesis value. If both show a Genesis value, one should expect 3 in 4 offspring will, as well.

All in all, except for your problem with crashing while cuddling cats, it sounds like you're doing about as well as can be expected when breeding Starters and Confetti cats.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Jelly Supply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)