02-17-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: newborn kitty
Working: Our Cats, News, Chat, Forum, My Account, Pedigree, Cattery

Working, with limitations: Support
- Basic form
- Lost ticket history
- FAQs not working

Not working: Home, Manual, Terms

As far as I've seen there have been no commitments either way. The original group message said they were working to restore the site; but they could have taken getting .WS up, such as it is, fulfilled that.

The .BIZ site is still there and still responds with access denied messages. So it's up and working, just we're not allowed into it. That is NOT a technical error. For us to see the message someone had to specifically set it up to deny access.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Angelness Bubble , Devilness Chant , Saxoni Fenstalker
02-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Blush Angelness Bubble is me. lol Was checking something on alt forgot she was logged in here.

And I know what you mean Sax. I tried Our Cats to look for something a few times and really miss it.

And yes, KC do work hard. I have always said I wish everyone in rl had their customer service. And they go beyond spoiling us with wonderful updates and extras. Heart

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
02-17-2016, 04:12 PM
The Support section is fully working. It's just finished. Now when you go to support, it immediately takes you to the ticket. To view ticket history, click "view tickets" on top. You will then have two options. See unsolved, or solved tickets.

I like this method better, since it is probably easier for newer people to use. I know I Have had to explain the other ticket a few times, and explaining it here seemed easier . LOL I hope this helped.

(02-17-2016 02:16 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Working: Our Cats, News, Chat, Forum, My Account, Pedigree, Cattery

Working, with limitations: Support
- Basic form
- Lost ticket history
- FAQs not working

Not working: Home, Manual, Terms

As far as I've seen there have been no commitments either way. The original group message said they were working to restore the site; but they could have taken getting .WS up, such as it is, fulfilled that.

The .BIZ site is still there and still responds with access denied messages. So it's up and working, just we're not allowed into it. That is NOT a technical error. For us to see the message someone had to specifically set it up to deny access.
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
02-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Looking back, I suppose I should have been more clear in my earlier post. Sorry.

When I go to tickets to view my history, I get 'nothing here' .. all my old tickets, including the ones still open, are gone. That is what I mean that ticket history is lost. I'm sure it'll list any tickets I submit after the wipe-out, but I'd still like to see the old ones still open.

The support form is the example form from the service provider. It works fine, but it doesn't ask for the UUID as a separate field. At least they added a pre-typed hint that you should supply one.

And, as I sid, the FAQs section, which is under Support, is completely non-functional.

The question is: are they actually doing anything? The .WS site was slapped up in a hurry and has not been getting much attention other than getting the most important sections up so we can use the Forums, Pedigree, Cattery and file Tickets. It seems to me that moving over the Home page, FAQs and Manual should have been fairly easy but those are still not present. The missing FAQs and Manual sections have caused questions on other threads.

It seems to me that they're spending there time elsewhere. My guess is trying to fix whatever they broke on the .BIZ site. If that's the case, I hope they've learned a lesson and, when it comes time to put up whatever it is they're working on, they do it in a more thought-out manner than how the emergency switch to the .WS was handled.
02-17-2016, 05:45 PM
The OP's issue is being worked on. Thanks for filing a ticket, and thanks to everyone that directed her to the support site. Smile

And yes - Before birthing any future boxes, please make sure they are updated to version 1.49 or higher. You can pick up an updater and the Cattery Dock in our store here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ki...144/86/26.

Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
02-17-2016, 06:51 PM
(02-17-2016 05:45 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  The OP's issue is being worked on. Thanks for filing a ticket, and thanks to everyone that directed her to the support site. Smile

And yes - Before birthing any future boxes, please make sure they are updated to version 1.49 or higher. You can pick up an updater and the Cattery Dock in our store here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ki...144/86/26.

Smile

I forgot to put it in the ticket, but I did try to update it with a 1.49 updater and the last one. Neither worked. Was going to edit the ticket but it says that's not a good idea, it will take longer if I do.

02-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Oh ok. Gotcha Big Grin

(02-17-2016 05:23 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Looking back, I suppose I should have been more clear in my earlier post. Sorry.

When I go to tickets to view my history, I get 'nothing here' .. all my old tickets, including the ones still open, are gone. That is what I mean that ticket history is lost. I'm sure it'll list any tickets I submit after the wipe-out, but I'd still like to see the old ones still open.

The support form is the example form from the service provider. It works fine, but it doesn't ask for the UUID as a separate field. At least they added a pre-typed hint that you should supply one.

And, as I sid, the FAQs section, which is under Support, is completely non-functional.

The question is: are they actually doing anything? The .WS site was slapped up in a hurry and has not been getting much attention other than getting the most important sections up so we can use the Forums, Pedigree, Cattery and file Tickets. It seems to me that moving over the Home page, FAQs and Manual should have been fairly easy but those are still not present. The missing FAQs and Manual sections have caused questions on other threads.

It seems to me that they're spending there time elsewhere. My guess is trying to fix whatever they broke on the .BIZ site. If that's the case, I hope they've learned a lesson and, when it comes time to put up whatever it is they're working on, they do it in a more thought-out manner than how the emergency switch to the .WS was handled.
02-17-2016, 09:18 PM
(02-17-2016 06:51 PM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  
(02-17-2016 05:45 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  The OP's issue is being worked on. Thanks for filing a ticket, and thanks to everyone that directed her to the support site. Smile

Smile

I forgot to put it in the ticket, but I did try to update it with a 1.49 updater and the last one. Neither worked. Was going to edit the ticket but it says that's not a good idea, it will take longer if I do.

Some box versions might not update to 1.49. In that case you can try sending to the Cattery or, worst case, ask me to manually update the box for you. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
02-18-2016, 07:52 AM
(02-17-2016 09:18 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  
(02-17-2016 06:51 PM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  

Smile

Some box versions might not update to 1.49. In that case you can try sending to the Cattery or, worst case, ask me to manually update the box for you. Smile

I thought the advent kitties updated? I did put a LM in the ticket if you needed to get to the box. I can't pick it up or send it to cattery. It was in my inventory. Blush

02-18-2016, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016 08:09 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Before 1.49 they won't go into the Cattery since they'll want to go to the .BIZ Cattery and you'll need to update them to 1.49 so they can use the .WS Cattery.

Many versions should update if you use the Updater from the Main Shop. You certainly want to try that FIRST. If it works, the box/cat should go into the Cattery just fine, as well as do everything else, like change prim mode.

Very old boxes won't update. It's been like this for a LONG time.

For example, I have a 2nd birthday box in the Cattery. To get it into the Cattery, I needed to update it. But it was so old when I did that it took a CSR's help. And, to update it, they had to hand me an ancient updater and I had to update it twice.

Another one of my old boxes was so old that even the CSR could not update it and the Updaters needed had been lost over the ages. KittyCatS Resident had to create a new copy, by hand, and I had to delete the outdated box, myself, since it was a starter and no-transfer.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)