Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
02-02-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
All the markets I have been two. Say no Sick Kitties they will be returned. Though in all these markets I have seen sick collector cats in portrait mode. I am not sure how hard they enforce these rules or if they go thought the markets looking for them. I would assume in most markets as long as no one complains then its just over looked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
I used to sell collectibles a lot.
I have noticed already permapetted collectibles do not only sell better but also for a better price.
It seems a customer considers a hassle free purchase more attractive.
That said it depends highly on if the collectible you want to sell is in high demand ofcourse.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
thanks for those thought, Kayleigh! It sounds to me like, as usual, the answer is just "it depends" Smile Which is certainly fair in a free market like ours~
02-06-2016, 10:58 AM
If your going to keep them on your land it depends on how many. Permapetting 10 or 20 or more kitties will be very costly. so you have to way in weather its worth the cost of feeding them vs the kit. If they are going back in inventory and staying in inventory then permapetting might be good idea. My fiense has kitties on his land that he has bred out that he permapetted. and some in the cattery permapetted.

Heart Owner of Christin's Kittycat Stuff specializing in collars, beds, and re sell kittiesHeart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2016, 11:35 AM
If you're going to keep your cats in inventory, and only pull them out for special events, it can save a LOT of money to NOT Perma-Pet them.

The cost of one kit is something like two or three years of continuous feeding.

If you're only going to have them on display for a month, pull them out a week early and feed them until healthy, then put them back in inventory for next year. You're feeding only 5 weeks, so that two-to-three year cost turns into 20-to-30 years.

I also want to point out that storing cats in your Avatar's inventory is error-prone: you can easily lose, or even delete them, especially if you have a huge inventory.

It's MUCH safer to store them in the Cattery, where it is impossible to lose them.

The problem with the Cattery is, when it comes to food and milk, it's all-or-nothing. To get around this, many players store cats which should eat in their main avatar's Cattery, where they purchase food and/or milk; and pass their non-eating cats to an Alt and store them in that Cattery, where they never purchase food and milk.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2016, 12:50 PM
thanks for those thoughts! Tad -- great idea about the cattery management. I had been puzzling a little over how to deal with that -- and your suggestion makes absolute sense! thank you Smile
02-06-2016, 05:40 PM
For keeping my collection cats and some old ones i can't let go of I keep them in an alts cattery - no food. Then when I need them - I build a seasonal display set on my mainland parcel that changes thru the year - the ones needed come out and go into another alts cattery for a week - recovery cattery - with food. There are about 50 valentines kitties in there at the moment getting ready for me to take down the winter set middle of next week and rebuild. It's simpler to do this with the second cattery than have them in my own breeding cattery.

Heart Eleanor
02-07-2016, 08:00 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of the alternate cattery *slaps self in the forehead* why didn't I think of that?
02-08-2016, 05:07 AM
(02-07-2016 08:00 PM)Melodie Jigsaw Wrote:  LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of the alternate cattery *slaps self in the forehead* why didn't I think of that?
i know! You guys are full of great ideas! I'm definitely going to get that set up!
02-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Very interesting question. I love permapets. My goal is to permapet every single kitty I own. I guess in the end, it does not matter, because if you permapet, then the price would be increased by the cost of the permapet (I imagine). Thus, it wouldn't matter. Now, if we're talking about permapetting the cat, and not increasing the cost, send me a LM to your store LOL
 Thanks given by: Kieve Jakob , Nissa Nightfire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)