Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
02-01-2016, 01:01 PM
Question Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
Hello all! I'm a long-time kittycats lover and collector, but have been out of the loop for a few years. They have lured me back, pesky devils Blush

If you are inclined to share, I'd love to hear your opinions about whether it is more typical/desirable to permapet a non-breedable, collectible (costume/LE) cat before selling it, or to sell as-is and give the new owner the option to permapet or feed (or store, I suppose)

I can imagine thoughts on both sides, but would appreciate hearing from folks much more seasoned than I!

thanks for any insight~
Nissa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
welcome back nissa!!!! wow, i remember you!!! hope to see you soon!!
02-01-2016, 03:14 PM
(02-01-2016 02:05 PM)Callie Cline Wrote:  welcome back nissa!!!! wow, i remember you!!! hope to see you soon!!

yay! thank you!, Callie!
02-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Yay! Nissa is back! Big Grin I would say not to permapet, and leave it to the new owner to decide what they want to do. Because not everyone wants to permapet, some really enjoy the realism of having to buy food and keeping a bowl around the house brings Big Grin
02-01-2016, 05:07 PM
(02-01-2016 03:37 PM)jc aferdita Wrote:  Yay! Nissa is back! Big Grin I would say not to permapet, and leave it to the new owner to decide what they want to do. Because not everyone wants to permapet, some really enjoy the realism of having to buy food and keeping a bowl around the house brings Big Grin
Yay! thanks, JC~ Good thought -- that one hadn't even occurred to me!
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
02-01-2016, 05:26 PM
For me it's just about math/cost. I don't permapet a collection cat for sale unless I have to to make it transfer (Advent cats). In buying a collectible I don't care if it's perma or not, but of course if it is perma, I would expect it to be more costly by the amount of the potion and take that into consideration with the price.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
02-01-2016, 05:33 PM
(02-01-2016 05:26 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I don't permapet a collection cat for sale unless I have to to make it transfer (Advent cats).
I did not know that you could make those cats transfer! And I appreciate your other thoughts as well. I would expect that I could price a collection cat more affordably for some if I didn't have to permapet. I know that some folks could manage food, but couldn't scrape together the lump sum for permapetting.
02-01-2016, 06:16 PM
I am with Ivy to me its more about cost then it is about perm or not. I do factor in the cost of a perm potion if I see a perm kitty. Overall being perm are not wont affect if I will buy it. The price has way more sway and what the cat is. I can always perm them in time and at my leisure.
 Thanks given by: Nissa Nightfire
02-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Rainbow RE: Opinions on permapetting collectibles (for sale)
I was thinking about this one too as I'm setting up a shop with a friend to sell some of our spare collectables. Issues that I can see are some cat sims say no sick cats - and even if you have them in image mode - will that fall foul of that ruling? Or you feed them - and continue to feed them - and they might take a very long time to sell, or not sell - and that's an ongoing cost. But then again the cost feeding one elderly cat takes a long time to cover the cost of the permapet.

I think I will permapet the more valuable ones and I'm still not decided on the rest.

Heart Eleanor
02-02-2016, 09:01 PM
thanks for your thoughts, Eleanor. I was also thinking it might take a long time to sell some of the collectibles, and would have to feed them in the meanwhile. But, yeah -- I can feed them for a long time for that money. And if I don't permapet, that means I can price it lower, so hopefully it works out for more buyers that way!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)