Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Please don't fight!
01-21-2016, 04:51 AM
Please don't fight!
Dear community, there really is no point in fighting over kitty pricing, flipping cats, fire sales etc. over and over again.

Breeding kitties is a hobby. It can be a very expensive hobby. If you are able to sell kitties – good for you. It helps a lot feeding your kitties and make your hobby less expensive.

If you don't want special well bred kitties beeing flipped by others then don't sell them at all or sell them at a price so high that you still will be satisfied even if the cat is flipped later.

The truth is that we are all free people. Nobody can force somebody else to pay a price that they don't want to pay. Nobody has the right to assume other people will have to buy kitties to pay for YOUR hobby. To try to sell your kitties is YOUR decision. You don't have to sell the kitty away and then be angry about what the buyer does with it.

It's so simple really. Just breed for yourself. And if you sell kitties for the price you think they are worth – good for you. Be happy about it.

There is no higher institution that has the power to force anybody in the community to do business in one or another way. KittyCatS does not do that.

I always frown when breeders talk about the so called „50 to 100 Linden per trait rule“. If some KC community member has once invented this rule – who has a right to say that it is a rule that applies to the KC market? It didn't come from KittyCatS! It's an idea somebody has brought up – nothing more!

So please just enjoy your kitties! Have fun breeding kitties and lines you love and like to look at or try to be the first one to discover a new trait and hope to get admiration and feel good about that.

Is it not wonderful that we are all free people? HeartSmile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Moon Falconer , MsMagick Resident , CarlottaAdagio Resident , princesspoison100 Resident , Maxwell Grantly , Ryanna Enfield , Oselkhandro Resident , callista5 Resident , Sandie Lanley , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito , Jelly Supply , Gloria Marchant , Emilia Darkwatch , Cliohdna Resident , SavageR0SE Resident
01-21-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Please don't fight!
Those sorts of threads come up regularly. They've been amazingly civil in the latest incarnation. When they do so, I believe it is constructive to air the points of view and helps build the community.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Lixy Byron , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito
01-21-2016, 07:43 AM
(01-21-2016 06:46 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Those sorts of threads come up regularly. They've been amazingly civil in the latest incarnation. When they do so, I believe it is constructive to air the points of view and helps build the community.

I don't think so. I think this kind of discussion is fruitless and senseless. We all have something to be angry, upset or mope about. (e.g. I still don't have enough kitty cash to buy a giraffe kitty although I need it so badly but I will not put up a discussion about fairness. It's not worth the words).

Discussions being held civil is the least you can expect from normal smart civilized people. It's nothing to cheer about!
 Thanks given by: CarlottaAdagio Resident
01-21-2016, 08:56 AM
I too found myself surprised to be reading some interesting and thoughtful points of views on cat "flipping" in a recent thread (although every time I hear that term I get a mental image of Steve Martin doing his Cat Juggling scene in that old movie The Jerk ha ha). We can all benefit from opening our minds and listening to new ideas and learning the ways other people see the world, although we may have our differences, underneath we are all the same (pixel cat lovers). As soon as a thread starts turning nasty or seems to be targeting a particular breeder or breeders I stop reading and don't ever go back. I agree with the Please Don't Fight, especially in public forums, nastiness is toxic and diminishes the fun and joy of having a KittyCats hobby, and I fear we may lose KittyCats community members if our community is not a warm, welcoming, compassionate family.

You don't have to agree with someone to be kind to them...

Malayaa (p.s. I am barely breeding anymore, less than 20 cattery cats due to real life time commitments, but the KittyCats family is still very special to me)

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Devilness Chant , MsMagick Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch , Saxoni Fenstalker
01-21-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2016 04:46 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
(01-21-2016 04:51 AM)Senta Garnburg Wrote:  I always frown when breeders talk about the so called „50 to 100 Linden per trait rule“. If some KC community member has once invented this rule – who has a right to say that it is a rule that applies to the KC market? It didn't come from KittyCatS! It's an idea somebody has brought up – nothing more!

That's "rule of thumb" not "rule of law". These threads are generally started because someone wants to begin selling KittyCatS boxes and wants a pricing system to start with. They're usually told "whatever you want", which is not an answer to the question they asked. An answer like "Many people start with L$50-100 per trait, and raise it if that seems too low for that cat" does answer the question. They may agree or disagree, but they now have a place to start.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch
01-22-2016, 08:30 AM
(01-21-2016 08:56 AM)Malayaa Resident Wrote:  I too found myself surprised to be reading some interesting and thoughtful points of views on cat "flipping" in a recent thread (although every time I hear that term I get a mental image of Steve Martin doing his Cat Juggling scene in that old movie The Jerk ha ha). We can all benefit from opening our minds and listening to new ideas and learning the ways other people see the world, although we may have our differences, underneath we are all the same (pixel cat lovers). As soon as a thread starts turning nasty or seems to be targeting a particular breeder or breeders I stop reading and don't ever go back. I agree with the Please Don't Fight, especially in public forums, nastiness is toxic and diminishes the fun and joy of having a KittyCats hobby, and I fear we may lose KittyCats community members if our community is not a warm, welcoming, compassionate family.

You don't have to agree with someone to be kind to them...

Malayaa (p.s. I am barely breeding anymore, less than 20 cattery cats due to real life time commitments, but the KittyCats family is still very special to me)

Hi Mal! I can't believe you are down to 20 and I miss you! You will hopefully be up to 21 soon. Tongue lol I'm up to 6. lol

I have to say I have been impressed with the civility of the discussions on flipping and pricing. This used to bring out the worst in ppl.

I also think it is wonderful to get civil points of view on these subjects and think they can be educational and perhaps open some ppls eyes to the other side of these subjects. Maybe these threads can even help ease tensions when done in a civil respectful way.

The 50, 100L thing for pricing traits was brought up a long time ago. I don't know why or how, but it can be a good rule to start with when pricing your kitties. It's not a law, and it's not something anyone has to do. I think it was an idea to give ppl a guide to go by, rather than price 50 to 100L a kitty.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Emilia Darkwatch
01-22-2016, 04:58 PM
It seems to me, that breeders and sellers set pricing based on how the market is doing at the time. From what I understand, January is usualy a slow month. Therefore breeders and sellers set prices lower then normal to get people to buy. When the market picks up I am sure we will see prices a bit higher.

Heart Owner of Christin's Kittycat Stuff specializing in collars, beds, and re sell kittiesHeart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
01-22-2016, 06:44 PM
I am kinda split on this subject on one hand I feel there is zero issues having debates about kitty pricing, flipping, etc. Personally I feel flipping is just its a way some people do business. I don't get upset about it or feel wronged when it happens but back on the subject at hand. I see no issue with people voicing there opinions and being constructive and civil.

On the other hand thought I wonder to my self how I felt and reacted if I was new to kitty cats and read some of these threads about pricing and cat flipping. I wonder if I stuck around or just assumed the community was at odd's with each other. It does seem like a bit of a civil war between the ok's and not's.

The post in the threads show a lot of passion yet are restrained from attacking each other. Which is amazing and honestly great. Its good to be passionate about what you do and think. While keeping open mind to those around you and least hearing there concerns or lack of concerns over a given subject even if you dont agree with them.

I guess I am just mixed bag on these topics.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)