Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cat Flipping
02-18-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Cat Flipping
I'll keep this short so that it's not "tl;dr" material. :-) Sometimes we do buy someone else's kitties and then we decide afterward that we don't need or want them. I am pretty sure that has happened to everyone. Why not sell that kitty to someone else who can put it to good use? And why not charge a good, fair market price even if we bought it at a going-out-of-business sale? That good price supports the market.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Emilia Darkwatch , Oselkhandro Resident , Shukie Galicia
02-18-2016, 09:08 PM
P.S. I now realize something. I have priced kitties way too low at auction my self to give someone in the audience a chance at owning a nice kitty for a low price but it probally was just a amazing price for a reseller???? hmmm
Maybe I should have looked at the audience before setting the start?
But also for the reason that even if there are some none resellers in the audience I don't know what kind of money they have to purchase a Kitty or what they are willing to pay and there just might be that reseller that has more L$ than the non reseller I was hoping to grab a deal for them selves or even if their are non- resellers there they may not want that kitty also or maybe already paid the way higher price else where. Or also if it will get higher as well. Which is a norm thought

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
02-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Veet I want to respond to what you said. As I can relate to this.

I love KittyCats. I love KittyCats quite a lot. My favorite size is megapuss. And I adore the collection cats. I love the collection megas, especially with their cute little colored tongues.

I am one of the people who are not into making money off of cats. In fact, I never sell cats. I love the cats, for the cat. When I hear someone ask "is this a good cat", i even become slightly upset, because to me, they are all good. They are all awesome. My cats in world, mean a lot to me.

With that said, I am also disabled IRL. I am in severe pain 24/7. There are days my pain level is so high, I can't even get out of bed. I can't even breathe due to the pain. Obviously, I cannot work IRL. I am forgetful. I am depressed. And honestly, I am simply quite sad.

Life is hard IRL. One needs money in order to live. One needs money to be free, and enjoy life. And yet, for me, that is quite limited.

Second Life is no different. In my opinion, cats go for way too much. I get it. Many people are into KittyCats for the money aspect. I go around and see cats that I would LOVE to have. That having them, would mean the world to me. After all, I am so limited IRL. And yet, they are priced between 15,000L - 30,1000L. That is at minimum 60 real life dollars. Money I do not have IRL. Money I cannot really afford to put into a virtual world, for a virtual product. No matter how much I love it.

I cannot even begin to express, how upsetting it is, to hear people shout "that shouldn't go for any less then 30 thousand linden!" AKA, people like me, should never have a chance of owning the object. 30,000L which I see a lot of LE megapuss go for, is approximately 120 real life dollars.

Where I understand, it's a market mainly for making money, and not for the enjoyment of this great product, these amazing cats. I for one, seriously appreciate those who do price them for less, to give people like me a chance of owning one. Yeah, I know many will think "well if you can't afford it, then you shouldn't have one". Ok, that's fair I suppose? But I can tell you, it hurts like you wouldn't believe.

(02-18-2016 09:08 PM)VeetMesser Resident Wrote:  P.S. I now realize something. I have priced kitties way too low at auction my self to give someone in the audience a chance at owning a nice kitty for a low price but it probally was just a amazing price for a reseller???? hmmm
Maybe I should have looked at the audience before setting the start?
But also for the reason that even if there are some none resellers in the audience I don't know what kind of money they have to purchase a Kitty or what they are willing to pay and there just might be that reseller that has more L$ than the non reseller I was hoping to grab a deal for them selves or even if their are non- resellers there they may not want that kitty also or maybe already paid the way higher price else where. Or also if it will get higher as well. Which is a norm thought
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Senta Garnburg , Sandie Lanley , Mirsoul Resident , Kayleigh McMillan
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Pricing theory hijacks the flipping thread!

A cat sitting on a shelf with a 30k price tag is also called

A DUST COLLECTOR! (registered trademark WP enterprises)

I've seen 15k cats in the same spot for the past three years,

BUT... I have also had expensive cats,
parked on the wall that didn't sell for the longest time,
suddenly vanish in a cloud of linden dollars.

(Much to my dismay, I had it priced comically high
because I really didn't want to sell it and IT DID.)

So there are people with too much cash who will pay crazy sums,
but they are wayyyyy few and far betweeeeen.

If you're gambling on a lotto winner scooping up that green parrot mega,
feel free to leave a 30k price tag on it.

Otherwise, drop the price and actually sell it!

I'd like to see a well advertised super collectible mega auction
and see what the actual going rates really are!

Maybe even pick up a bunch of 3k megas and SELL EM FOR 30K
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Devilness Chant
02-18-2016, 10:37 PM
(02-18-2016 07:06 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Wow.

Talk about TL;DR; ;-)
That gave me the giggles.
02-25-2016, 01:02 AM
The price is the price. I buy it with MY Lindens and I can do as I wish with it. Flip it, use it as a chair, frame it or give it away. End of story.
 Thanks given by: Markham Weatherwax
03-08-2016, 03:09 AM
It seems to me, as I read these threads...motives are the big variable in the statements being made....maybe it is not the action that is questionable but rather, the motive behind it and who know for sure what one is thinking when they buy or sell a kitten...some for profit..some for necessity....some for reasons we may not know...finger pointing is never nice and everyone has an opinion...I buy kitties to add to my traits...often at great prices and also at top prices...I have yet to sell a kitty or box but, do not feel bad paying the price one has set for a box...I assume they are willing to let it go for that price or it would be marked higher...I am not sure where this puts me in the conversation but just felt a need to reply.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: debraworks2_Resident]
03-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Brand spanking new to KittyCats! a pair of starters gave Pomengranate eyes. I did not like the eyes/fur combination and did not know the value. I haven't searched my records but if memory serves me correctly it was bought for a very cheap price. My bad for selling it so cheap or my good for having a bit more for food/milk & tier? In my opinion it was good. RL financing has gotten better since then and in an effort to maintain the value of the cats my pricing has climbed, sales have dropped, and my cattery is filling up with traits. I buy cats I like for my own personal reasons and I might sell a cat if one of the few set out for sale is wanted by someone else. What they do with it is their choice.

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)