Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New wavy tail
03-02-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: New wavy tail
Hmm not that I saw and I looked back as far as I could... but it's always possible that there is something recessive back there! As I said, I'll be doing some backbreeding to find out =)

(03-02-2016 01:18 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Alyssa, I'd be curious as to the hid on the curious tail or the wavy Ocicat tawny. Mostly because Marge got puff against a starter with wavy and then wavy came out against fluffy which should be fairly conclusive proof that Wavy is betwee Puff and Fluffy. However Ivy's chart also definitely proves that Wavy came out in front of Posh against a starter which is also conclusive proof wavy is dominant to Posh which is dominant to Puff. So that's confusing because both proofs are definitive against starters. Is it possible there was a computer glitch with 1GaJulia's cat?

A lot of charts since then have wavy coming out against a more dominant tail than Puff showing on parents -- although they are not proving the hiddens so may have something more recessive. Would be nice to get confirmation by showing the baby's hids. Ivy's chart (dom to Posh) and GaJula's charts (between Puff and Fluffy) cannot both be correct. One chart set has to be a computer glitch. If Arella or Alyssa can post a chart on one of their baby Wavy tails and show the hiddens, that can help prove which chart is correct.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: alyssalove54_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2016, 08:05 AM
I have it hidden behind shorty on some of my cars will post an update later

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
03-08-2016, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 01:46 AM by Ivy Lane.)
Kayla and other interested beings.
My proof actually shows that the wavy is recessive to the Posh, so that makes no conflict with the recessiveness to puff.

My reasoning , Juliet is the mom starter/hider
Lycus the dad contributed the Posh Tail (about six generations back) I can post proofs from his pedigree if you would like(it will be a pain in the butt), but I am telling you it is in his background, so since Lycus offered us the Posh tail, that is how I knew that the kitten Murdoch was hiding what ever Juliet was hiding, she passed to Murdoch.
So by breeding Murdoch the son back with his mother we get the more recessive trait from both parents.

I believe that both your theory and mine are possible, but I am much more fond of mine.

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
03-08-2016, 01:48 AM
(03-02-2016 01:18 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  However Ivy's chart also definitely proves that Wavy came out in front of Posh against a starter which is also conclusive proof wavy is dominant to Posh which is dominant to Puff. So that's confusing because both proofs are definitive against starters.

Kayla, Ivy's chart (for reference) shows that Wavy is recessive to Posh and thus does not contradict Julia's post. If Wavy were dominant, and came from Juliet, then the "lowest" tail you'd be able to get on Murdoch would be Wavy (as Juliet would throw either Genesis, which would show, or Wavy).

Since Lycus' line predates Wavy we know it didn't come from there so it has to come from Juliet; however, Murdoch is showing Posh (which is a looooong throwback down Lycus' line from like 5 generations ago). The only way he could show Posh is if Juliet had Posh or something recessive to it -- in this case, Wavy.

Breeding Juliet back to Murdoch produced Wavy -- in this case, both parents contributed their recessive traits (Wavy), so the kitten is a pure Wavy.

—Jessica Metalhead
03-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Finally got Frosted and kalil to toss a tail other then wavy and it ended up being Dreamy. Not sure if it helps but figured i'd follow up with the info.
[Image: 7e230517d91f95d9453e3ef26b2fc912.png]
03-13-2016, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2016 07:05 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Hi Ivy and Phil,
You're both right. I didn't notice that Murdoch's Mom is also Juliet the mom of hte baby so the Mom and the paternal Grandmom is the same cat. Sorry just saw the beige feet and didn't notice the name and Juliet's jacket is blue. I should have noticed. Usually I say "or more recessive" to cover my assets as hids get passed but seems like I had a brain fart that day. So Murdoch hides Mom Juliet's hid Wavy. So baby is a double Wavy from Mom Juliet and Murdoch's hid from same Mom Juliet. So recessive to Posh.

Hi Arella,
That's cool that you posted another chart from the the same pairing

both Frosted and Kalil have the same dad Ryan, a nutcracker, who hides the Wavy tail

Frosted gets genesis tail from Dad Ryan (so wavy is lost) and hides Mom Ellie's Chop Chop or more recessive

Kalil gets Wavy tail from Dad Ryan and hides Mom Purrfect's Mysterious or more recessive

Chart 1 from 2/17/15
Baby has Blue Marble showing and Wavy tail showing
Chart 2 from 3/11/15
Baby has Dreamy tail showing
Either Grandmoms Ellie or Purrfect hides the Dreamy tail. If you pop the hid on this baby, if the hid turns out to be Wavy, then it will prove Wavy is recessive to Dreamy. If you find another hid, it will belong to the other Grandmom. In any case both Grandmom's passed their hids to Frosted and Kalil so Chopchop and Mysterious are lost on these kids. Both Grandmom's hids has to be Dreamy or more recessive.

So far Fabio's chart is putting Wavy between Puff and Dreamy so probably Wavy is lost. You may have double Dreamy which is hard to prove (but you can probably see it if you look at their ancestry) or even a fluffy hider. Lush is probably not in play since it's pretty new.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
03-21-2016, 09:55 AM
Recent baby born
https://gyazo.com/2927f8b67cad992b8121e67074a6f842

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
05-12-2016, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 11:59 AM by Ivy Lane.)
(01-20-2016 03:18 PM)Ivy Lane Wrote:  Ok i got a wavy tail this morning, let me see i am not so good at posting images here on the forum

This is the pull from the starter and it's child :
[Image: c4d523ecb526d2173c8589161b112bc8.png]

well that didn't work
https://gyazo.com/c4d523ecb526d2173c8589161b112bc8.png

or Wavy Tail Proofs

I believe that makes Wavy recessive to posh? Fitting in line with the other findings

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
07-23-2016, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 05:57 AM by Laura18 Streeter.)
throwing in my two cents.. cat was hiding Dreamy but that wasn't enough so i got Dreamy back. I am of the opinion it's recessive as we saw with the Fluffy which pulled it

[Image: 07143a23cd146cf04e7924ff8ee9be1f.png]
I got piccy to work by clicking the picture button, pasting the Gyazo in the box and adding ".png" to it Ivy!

(05-12-2016 11:57 AM)Ivy Lane Wrote:  [quote='Ivy Lane' pid='95566' dateline='1453324738']
Ok i got a wavy tail this morning, let me see i am not so good at posting images here on the forum

This is the pull from the starter and it's child :
[Image: c4d523ecb526d2173c8589161b112bc8.png]

well that didn't work
https://gyazo.com/c4d523ecb526d2173c8589161b112bc8.png

I believe that makes Wavy recessive to posh? Fitting in line with the other findings
07-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Mr. Cat has it between Puff and Dreamy tail. It only needs to be tested against Snappy it looks like. Proving it is dominant or recessive to Snappy should place it. Crosses fingers. Anyone with a chart with Wavy shown and Snappy hid or vice versa?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)