Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Kitty Rescue
12-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Kitty Rescue
So I am thinking of taking in Sick/healthy kittens that no one wants anymore or that no one can sell or they just have no use for... But i would love some opinions and thoughts

[img][Image: Lucys%20kittens--_zps43tcy3mj.png][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
12-29-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Kitty Rescue
(12-28-2015 10:39 PM)LucyStarfire90 Resident Wrote:  So I am thinking of taking in Sick/healthy kittens that no one wants anymore or that no one can sell or they just have no use for... But i would love some opinions and thoughts

I think thats why they invented the menagerie.
12-29-2015, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 06:14 AM by Shukie Galicia.)
i would think there would be some level of dis-trust that would make your idea not work. many would think "this person is simply trying to get free cats. or "this persons just going to menagerie my precious cat(or unsellable), im not going to give it to them"
i think while your idea is nice, if you are legit about it, the COSTS involved with feeding or permapetting any cats you did get given would spiral out of control VERY quickly.
Its a nice idea, but i dont think it will work.
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Ivy Norsk , Keltora Edenbaum , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Minx Diabolito
12-29-2015, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 12:26 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
People have tried it. It works if you get the cats adopted out. Otherwise, have to agree with Shukie, people have tried it but if you keep the live cats, the food costs add up and it's difficult to get enough donations to compensate even if you turn off the breeding and they only eat half. Mostly people who have gone the nonadoption route quit due to the costs and do a massive adoption out. You can store the live cats in inventory where they don't eat kibble instead of menagerie but they get sick in inventory due to no food and when you take them out, you have to nurse them back to health.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Ivy Norsk , Keltora Edenbaum , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Minx Diabolito
12-29-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree with what has already been said.

What I do is when I'm out browsing cats, if I spot an old one for sale, I will purchase it and perma pet it. I keep them in my inventory for future gifts to people who show an interest in kittycats and want to see what they are all about. I've gotten several hooked this way.

This way you take on what is actually achievable otherwise, it is too expensive and overwhelming at least from my perspective.
12-29-2015, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 08:31 PM by Winter Phoenix.)
Depends on how you think about it

Then again, if you're just into collecting strays, go for it!

They may not be those fancypants 9 traiters, or jumbotron megas,
but they will still be impressed with how you walk in those shoes,
and still beg to play ball with you.

Something to be said for taking in something that otherwise would
be squished down for giraffe money.

If it makes you happy, it cant be that bad.

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: CarlottaAdagio Resident , Minx Diabolito
12-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Just watch out! I was enthusiastic when I started collecting kitties, and I have 1000 unopened boxes now. These things reproduce like "bunnies", so to speak. If you want to collect, I suggest that you decide on your limits ahead of time, and try to pace yourself.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
12-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Only 1,000? I remember those days... mournfully looks at my unopened boxes. (Pop, goes another pair of kitties -- oooh, it's a pretty baby!) Sometimes I wonder, how big is the online cattery?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: CarlottaAdagio Resident , Oselkhandro Resident , Eleanor8 Resident
01-01-2016, 04:19 PM
honestly, I love the idea. If I Hear of someone getting rid of a cat they do not want, I always take it, as I do not want to see cats go to menagerie. I do not publically advertise it, because like everyone said, it can get out of control. But, with that said, I really like what you want to do. It was warming to hear someone else put value into the cats, outside of the L factor. They are (and I know this is going to sound insane) but like family to me.
01-05-2016, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 11:20 PM by Zarabeth Langer.)
(01-01-2016 04:19 PM)JessicaArianaHamby Resident Wrote:  honestly, I love the idea. If I Hear of someone getting rid of a cat they do not want, I always take it, as I do not want to see cats go to menagerie. I do not publically advertise it, because like everyone said, it can get out of control. But, with that said, I really like what you want to do. It was warming to hear someone else put value into the cats, outside of the L factor. They are (and I know this is going to sound insane) but like family to me.

If you're insane so am I. I love my kitties and I know quite a few others who are attached to their kittycats. I have taken in foster kitties before for people who have gotten a kittycat and fallen in love with it before realizing it cost money. I take in the kitty and feed it till they or I save up enough to perma the cat. Then they can take their kitty home.

@ Lucy When keeping the 'unwanted' kitties it does add up very very fast. One thing you can do to hold down costs is to turn breeding off which doubles the time the food lasts. Perma pets are also a solution but each permapet is equal to 2 years of food so sometimes it's cheaper to just feed the kitties.

Anyhoo, good luck and I think what you're doing is great!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)