Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Confetti Plumberry charts/dominance please
12-23-2015, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 05:52 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Confetti Plumberry charts/dominance please
I birthed a plumberry from two cocoberry starters.
The mother Joyanne of 14 babies, gave me 11 reg furs, 1 cocoberry, 2 plumberry (Havalah whose charts are below and her sister Plum whom I traded to Eleanor for an Appleberry Patch)
The dad Achu of 14 babies, gave me 11 reg furs, 2 cocoberries, and 2 plumberries Havalah and Plum with Joyanne)

[Image: f5106e2d39c0d6914a6665ef24881590.png]

of 15 babies, she gave me 12 reg furs, 2 cocoberries and on her 120th day, a grapeberry with a appleberry father

[Image: f529f52be2f1f799bc17da29a6c7fc3c.png]

Only thing known on plumberry right now is
Plumberry is recessive to Blueberry and dominant to Cherryberry/Tealberry

Havalah also had a Cocoberry son Pendleton
So far Pendleton has given me 9 reg furs, 2 cocoberries and 1 Plumberry Son Phil
(Phil's mom Wynnie, is a Cocoberry starter who gave me 10 reg furs, 2 cocoberries, and 1 Plumberry son Phil)
[Image: 1e274fbe4775720822aeb599cf7f2182.png]

So far Phil has given me 8 reg furs and 1 appleberry son Esdras with Patch who I traded Plum his mom's sister with Eleanor to get

[Image: f210104c87571b6ee5958b27648c17af.png]

Esdras has had 3 children so far. 2 reg furs and a grapeberry chld when I paired Esdras with his greatgrandmother Havalah (See the chart above under Havalah--and we have come full circle)

Not enough is known about recessivenesss so my charts doesn't help establish anything yet. It's just FYI

And my say about breeding berries -- all the reg furs gens and otherwise helped me get a Giraf as a prezzie. The whole enterprise takes an enormous amount of patience (and frustration, lol)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Confetti Plumberry charts/dominance please
copying post over from appleberry thread

11-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Kayla Woodrunner Online
Top Cat
RE: Confetti Appleberry : Post proofs here please
It's already showing on Saga's that Appleberry is recessive to Plumberry but I thought I'd put this chart up since it's nice and clear. And not a lot of proofs on the confettis have been posted to the forum since they are such a pain in the .... to have a clear proof.

Both parents show Plumberry
Baby shows Appleberry, proof Appleberry is recessive to Plum

[Image: ce7f9a5bf8ca9f31507f017c6160e8b1.png]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-02-2017, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 10:48 AM by Ivy Lane.)
A small chart i made compiled from Saga info :

here are the saga facts :

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
01-02-2017, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 04:57 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Hi Ivy,
Part of why I am creating some threads on specific confetti colors is that I created and update the Index of threads on finding dominance of traits. People use the index to find threads where to post charts. Since more people have begun to post proofs on the forum and a couple of proofs showed on Confetti furs, I realized that some furs are missing threads which means that the proof is published on one half of the dominance and not the other half. For example, the proof on Grapeberry recessive to Orangeberry was published on Orangeberry but as there was no Grapeberry thread, not published on Grapeberry. Also in the past, some proofs on the forum wasn't showing on Saga and needed to be re-sent. Some proofs were six months old. For awhile I combed the eyes and furs and re-sent things I found. Since they are caught up on eyes and furs and since a group of us finished getting the Crystals set, I thought making the confettis clearer could be the next big project for a bigger group like the forum. Also cleaning things up may mean that some earlier charts may actually be proofs now.

Also on a personal note, I'm not crazy about confettis but one of my friends is. She asks me questions. I've used the Saga chart and their "worksheet for stuff" tab but I find I remember things better if I see them so I like seeing actual profs.

I could be wrong but I think some confetti proofs may need two or three or four breeders sharing charts openly to create one proof due to the way people trade confettis. For example I got all boys for several months and when you only get 2 or 3 per 120 day breeding cycle that can be a big problem. I was retiring pairs without being able to open a replacement pair. So I traded two of my boys to a couple friends for two girls. And I share information with them if I discover hids. Example, I found the blueberry hid plum which meant her father cocoberry hid plum so I shared that which as it turns out she already knew as she had just made a parent/child pure box. (Turns out Dad was a good breeder and got 4 conf kids). Still if she gets a proof with that father with another partner, she might have needed my chart of his blueberry daughter to prove his hid to show proof of dominance. In talking to her, I realized things would be simpler if we share charts on the forum if we think we might have a proof. I think a lot of us are trading confettis or buying them just due to how few berries pop. So I think collaborative proofs may be helpful for some dominance proofs.

This might be an example of a collaborative proof. Saga already shows Blueberry dominant to Plumberry and Plumberry dominant to Appleberry but for this example, let's say we don't know that
So I provide chart A showing Appleberry is recessive to Plumberry
[Image: ce7f9a5bf8ca9f31507f017c6160e8b1.png]
then my friend provides Chart B showing
Blueberry Mom and Appleberry Dad having a Plumberry kid. 1st chart proves Appleberry is recessive to Plumberry so therefore the Plumberry has to come from Mom and proves mom's hid. Both charts together would be bundled together and sent off to Saga although from two different breeders. (Maybe not the best example since the child of chart A was paired with my friend's girl so Chart A wouldn't be needed as it's actually on the right side but you can see what I mean how a two-chart proof might come from two people if I had given her the boy instead of her givng me the girl. )
[Image: e91acb7353cedf65b7e4d9f2b84b18bb.png]

Anyways that was my thinking in creating some missing Confetti threads: blueberry, cherryberry and grapeberry. Since you're reading the threads, I put this explanation on the Blueberry and Plum threads just because of the example chart so it at least falls in the right category even though it's not necessary.

Ivy, I like your chart better than the way Saga has things lined up on the "worksheet for stuff" since their's looks scrambled and yours is clearer. I am pasting your below a bit bigger so it's easier for others to see:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4185]

Also Ivy, hope you don't mind but I needed to start a Tealberry thread too (that one is also missing) so I'll use your post since it has Tealberry in the chart.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone,
This pedigree contains no new information. This not my cat, nor my breeding. The retired cat is owned RagdollSession who gave me permission to publish it's pedigree. (I don’t think she she bred this cat either.)
I am publishing it for the clarity it shows that Plum is dominant to pink and pink is dominant to Lime. I am publishing this info in Plum, Pink and lime Threads.
[Image: 6ed506ad60fe7e28a92fe51232f6c172.png]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Thank you for posting it on all 3 relevant Berry threads, Wildviolet! That was going to be my next project was checking which charts needed to be cross posted so that saves me future time!.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
01-17-2017, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2017 10:03 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Mona is very useful.
A) She is Teal shown and hid
B) She seemed to have a lot of confetti kids

She's a great cat, Ivy.

Here is the proof that Mona is Teal shown and hid

Chart 1 (obtained from Ivy's Confetti Imgur site with her permission)
Left side
Mom’s mom Raibow Beauty Coco shown
Mom’s dad Sexy Beast Coco shown
Mom Citrine shows Lemonberry

Right side
Dad Sexy Beast Coco shown

Citrine is matched up with her dad Sexy Beast
Mona shows Teal
proving Dad hides Teal and that Teal is recessive to Lemon which has to come from Mom’s Mom Raibow Beauty. If Dad had been the one to have Lemonberry, Lemon would have shown.
Also proving Mona shows and hides Teal.
1st chart is proving Mona is Tealberry shown and hid.

[Image: fdu2ID4.png]

Now using Mona to prove Plumberry is dominant to Tealberry

Mom is Mona who we know has Teal shown and hid
Dad is Filmore who shows Plum
Meeko shows Plumberry from Dad so had to get the Tealberry as a hid from Mom.

Gotta love Mona!

[Image: QxbUSR8.png]

Crosspost from Blueberry (Notice Filmore is a dad again)

Another chart from Ivy's Imgur Confetti site. This chart belongs to Sapphire.

this is a double proof chart

The right side of this chart proves Blueberry is dominant to Plumberry
The left side of the chart proves Blueberry is dominant to Grapeberry

Dad's side
Grandma Playa and Grandpa Hawk show Blueberry
giving birth to the Dad Filmore, a Plumberry

Mom's side
Grandma Smurfette and Grandpa Poppa show Blueberry
giving birth to the Mom Sapphire, a Grapeberry

[Image: ojonAQo.png]

I love this double perfect proof -- first time I've seen a double proof in one chart.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
02-04-2017, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 06:23 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Alassariah published a proof on the Orangeberry thread that Plumberry is dominant to Orangeberry
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=24883

Plumberry

forum 1/2/17 Plumberry dom Appleberry (also posted earlier on another thread)
forum 1/17/17 Plumberry rec Blueberry (also posted earlier on another thread)
Saga 10/11/15 Plumberry dom Cherryberry
Saga 7/16/16 Plumberry dom Grapeberry
Saga, no update hist Plumberry dom Limeberry
Saga 7/16/16 Plumberry dom Pinkberry
Forum 1/16/17 Plumberry dom Pinkberry
Saga 11/1/15 Plumberry dom to Tealberry
Forum 1/17/17 Plumberry dom to Tealberry
Forum 2/3/17 Plumberry dom to Orangeberry

Plumberry recessive to Blueberry
Plumberry is dom to these so will be dom to anything they are proven dom to
Plumberry dom to Orangeberry
Plumberry dom to Appleberry dom to Tealberry
Plumberry dom to Cherryberry dom to Lemonberry, Limeberry, Tealberry
Plumberry dom Grapeberry dom to Pinkberry
Plumberry dom Limeberry
Plumberry dom Pinkberry dom to Limeberry
Plumberry dom to Tealberry dom to Limeberry

done rec to blueberry
plumberry
done dom to orangeberry
done dom to appleberry
done dom to cherryberry
done dom to grapeberry
done dom to lemonberry
done dom to limeberry
done dom to pinkberry
done dom to tealberry

Plumberry rec to blueberry
Plumberry dom to orangeberry, appleberry, cherryberry, grapeberry, lemonberry, limeberry, pinkberry, tealberry

Plumberry is done. Plumberry is placed between Blueberry and Orangeberry.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Alassariah Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)