Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
01-04-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
I've been watching this thread for some time. I, too, am glad to see it has remained so civil. Frankly, it is refreshing.

In general, I am in the camp which believes it is more important to breed what you want and not worry about the latest-and-greatest. My point on that subject, which has been alluded to, but not clearly stated, is that you need to remember, when you're breeding your ideal kitty, even if it is not the latest traits, or even a high trait-count, you should bear in mind that you are NOT alone! If YOU think that trait combination is particularly nice, remember, someone else likely does as well. So, go ahead and concentrate on your line of pure-bred Genesis Furs with those gorgeous Eyes and cute Tail and Ears. Rest assured, there is someone else out there who agrees with you, would appreciate your line, and will purchase your cats.

Finally, being the math-geek here, I want to point out that low prices and the feeling 'everyone else is doing the same thing' is a natural consequence of the game's design. Given the high birth rate, the complete lack of disease or predators, and human nature, is is expected that the population of any trait will quickly zoom (and Zoom, and ZOOM), growing faster and faster. The ONLY natural limit is the food supply which, for this game, means the money the players are willing to invest. This zooming population, naturally, means prices will crash.

You can point fingers anywhere you want, complain about all sorts of things but, in the end, the only solution to this problem is to add disease or predators to the mix. Unfortunately, this would render the game unappealing.

So, in the end, all you can do is suck it up, find your bliss where you can, and enjoy the game as it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , MsMagick Resident , Izo Ryba , Lea Warwillow , Draco Nacht , Devilness Chant , fabioazevedo Oh
01-04-2016, 03:50 PM
(01-03-2016 07:38 PM)jc aferdita Wrote:  Everyone keep saying that Kittycats is such an expensive hobby. In my experience, when I was very new, this was very true. I got swept away by their cuteness and all the gift boxes friends gave me and I just had to open them all and breed them all and suddenly I was broke and had to use RL money to support it. Now that I know what I like, and enjoy breeding, I find I have a much easier time to pace myself. I spend about 170L a week on food. Yes, my Cattery is only made up of two pairs at a time, it's not going fast getting to where I want to be. But I know where I want to be, and it's going to be my dream-cat, so I don't mind waiting. Because the wait will be worth it. Kittycats doesn't have to break your bank account. It doesn't have to be expensive. You don't have to buy all those vitamins and birth every box you own. Kittycats is set up in such a way that you can spend as much money on it that you can afford. The only thing in exchange for money is time and patience. And if you want to speed things up, you can always menagerie the couple as soon as you get the goal you want out of a pair, and move onto the next pair Smile

That is for the kind of people that want to keep it as a hobby and not try to live off of their profit from breeding kittycats. I have no clue how to do that so I can't really comment on it. But something I noticed, while pondering the markets and auctions, people tend to spend more money on a cat who has a line which the breeder spent a lot of time and effort on (stuff like that usually shows). And people tend to spend more time and effort on lines they enjoy to look at. That's why I usually advice in breeding what you like.

*Hands JC a plate of cookies. I did the same thing as you and ended up way over my head. I now keep around two to six kitties at a time to make the one I want and enjoy it soooo much more.

(01-04-2016 08:24 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I've been watching this thread for some time. I, too, am glad to see it has remained so civil. Frankly, it is refreshing.

In general, I am in the camp which believes it is more important to breed what you want and not worry about the latest-and-greatest. My point on that subject, which has been alluded to, but not clearly stated, is that you need to remember, when you're breeding your ideal kitty, even if it is not the latest traits, or even a high trait-count, you should bear in mind that you are NOT alone! If YOU think that trait combination is particularly nice, remember, someone else likely does as well. So, go ahead and concentrate on your line of pure-bred Genesis Furs with those gorgeous Eyes and cute Tail and Ears. Rest assured, there is someone else out there who agrees with you, would appreciate your line, and will purchase your cats.

Finally, being the math-geek here, I want to point out that low prices and the feeling 'everyone else is doing the same thing' is a natural consequence of the game's design. Given the high birth rate, the complete lack of disease or predators, and human nature, is is expected that the population of any trait will quickly zoom (and Zoom, and ZOOM), growing faster and faster. The ONLY natural limit is the food supply which, for this game, means the money the players are willing to invest. This zooming population, naturally, means prices will crash.

You can point fingers anywhere you want, complain about all sorts of things but, in the end, the only solution to this problem is to add disease or predators to the mix. Unfortunately, this would render the game unappealing.

So, in the end, all you can do is suck it up, find your bliss where you can, and enjoy the game as it is.

OMG if you had posted in green I would have sworn you were Winter in disguise! lol I pictured plague and pestilence running rampet. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And I agree with what you said about one of a kinds. I have been working on my goal kitty for almost a year now and I'm sure there are plenty out there already. I could have taken short cuts and gotten some kitties that already had a few of the traits I wanted and gone from there but I didn't. I'm just taking my time and enjoying it. I don't care if there are a zillion kitties like the one I'm working on already out there. This one is my project and my baby. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Draco Nacht
01-05-2016, 01:22 AM
(01-03-2016 07:38 PM)jc aferdita Wrote:  Everyone keep saying that Kittycats is such an expensive hobby. In my experience, when I was very new, this was very true. I got swept away by their cuteness and all the gift boxes friends gave me and I just had to open them all and breed them all and suddenly I was broke and had to use RL money to support it. Now that I know what I like, and enjoy breeding, I find I have a much easier time to pace myself. I spend about 170L a week on food. Yes, my Cattery is only made up of two pairs at a time, it's not going fast getting to where I want to be. But I know where I want to be, and it's going to be my dream-cat, so I don't mind waiting. Because the wait will be worth it. Kittycats doesn't have to break your bank account. It doesn't have to be expensive. You don't have to buy all those vitamins and birth every box you own. Kittycats is set up in such a way that you can spend as much money on it that you can afford. The only thing in exchange for money is time and patience. And if you want to speed things up, you can always menagerie the couple as soon as you get the goal you want out of a pair, and move onto the next pair Smile

That is for the kind of people that want to keep it as a hobby and not try to live off of their profit from breeding kittycats. I have no clue how to do that so I can't really comment on it. But something I noticed, while pondering the markets and auctions, people tend to spend more money on a cat who has a line which the breeder spent a lot of time and effort on (stuff like that usually shows). And people tend to spend more time and effort on lines they enjoy to look at. That's why I usually advice in breeding what you like.

Wow you nailed it on the head. I was the same way still kinda am I have a serious issue with Mega's I see so there for I want. Recently have come to the conclusion. That I spending two much on Kittycats. I plan to cut back dramatically. Its easy to get sweeped up special when new.

I had no idea what I was doing I bought cats I thought looked cute.. then bred them together. Hoping to make more cute cats. Didn't always work. I produced a lot of duplicates. Thats ok thought it happens.. I also tried my hand at getting the newest traits and meh didn't pan out. Yea I am in it for the fun and community. I am not so much in it to make a dime.

Though I do plan to make really cool looking unique cats ^_^ selling them from time to time... or giving them out to good friends... cause whats the point if you dont share. Though I think majority of people focus on buying to produce there own stunning cats to sell to others? I am honestly not sure!!
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Devilness Chant , Draco Nacht , Minx Diabolito
01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
(01-04-2016 08:24 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  You can point fingers anywhere you want, complain about all sorts of things but, in the end, the only solution to this problem is to add disease or predators to the mix. Unfortunately, this would render the game unappealing.

Well they kind of did that with the new menagerie kitties. It has encouraged most breeders to get rid of older kitties to get the new giraffe kitties and the cocoberry etc.

Much better than a predator Smile
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)