Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pomegranate Eye Recessivness
04-23-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Pomegranate Eye Recessivness
Pomegranate is recessive to Crystal Crush. Wow, there's a whole tangle of undetermined eyes on the Saga charts right around the Gerberas. Here's a further piece of the tangle. I've had these cats for awhile but didn't realize that nobody else submitted this info.

[Image: 28lqrm8.jpg]

The ScaredyTats was a known Pom hider (and was sold as such), Marissa mated him with a Crystal crush girl and produced a crystal crush showing kitten, Aspin. I pulled the Pomegranate out from under the Crystal Crush with Tap Org... and it's showing on Tomasina.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
04-23-2016, 12:35 PM
See Crystal Crush for formal proof which does not depend upon evidence not present (ScaredyTats claim).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-13-2016, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016 07:36 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Ok to date
Saga charts says
Pomegranate dominant to Odyssey Fire & Rain and recessive to Full Moon

This thread has additional info that Pomegranate is recessive to Crystal Crush

This is proof that Pomegranate is dominate to Crystal Berry (Crystal Berry is between Morning Dew and Canary) which means Pomegranate is also dominate to Canary.

Mom has Exotic Breeze shown
Dad has Pomegranate shown
Baby has Crystal Berry shown. Crysal Berry and Pomegranate ae both known to be dominate to Exotic Breeze so Crystal Berry has to be Dad's hid, proving Pomegranate is dominante to Crystal Berry

[Image: f0986c81b7d8b09a769ca9fb7de210cf.png]

This knocks off 4 eyes. Pomegranate is between Full Moon and Crystal Berry/Canary

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
08-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Pomegranate is dominant to bronze.

[Image: rt4arp.jpg]

I paired Jonathen (pomegranate showing) with Friggas (bronze showing). They produced a kitten Kelwin who shows the pomegranate. When I paired him with the more-recessive eyed peach bellini cat, Kelwin threw his hidden which was Friggas' bronze.

Now keeping in mind that pomegranate has already been proved to be recessive to crystal crush, and that crystal crush is recessive to full moon, then pomegranate is also recessive to full moon.
There are a lot of tests going on at the Saga place right now. I am running crystal crush against Ody Cognac Moon, so we'll see how that goes.
Also pomegranate is currently being run against morning dew by another breeder I believe (Reven, is that you?). So things are shaping up fairly quickly in the bronze to full moon section of the charts.

08-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Actually Ivy you've just placed Pomegranate.

I got a proof Pomegranate is recessive to Morning Dew a couple days ago.

Thelma Mom has Morning Dew shown
Kirk Dad has Wild Odyssey shown
Baby has Pomegranate shown
Proving Pomegranate is recessive to Morning Dew and is Mom's hid

[Image: af751fb94a70ec28eab5f78a7420d5c3.png]

Your proof today proves Pomegranate is dominate to Bronze

Pomegranate is placed between Morning Dew and Bronze

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-08-2016, 02:55 AM
WOW! You both beat me to it again! Well done girls!

Do we still need my charts for Pomegranate/Morning Dew for final placement?
I suppose we do, so I'll keep them out for now, since they will drop their boxes in a couple of days.

This means that I have three kitties showing Morning Dew (Two boys, one girl) up for grabs.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
08-08-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 10:13 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
LOL, you've scooped me before Reven. Big Grin
I know how you feel, I now have 3 kitties showing pomegranate with nothing to do.

The Ody Slush range currently overlaps morning dew and pomegranate. I'm currently running ody slush versus bronze (with Dreampoetz). I wish I could say which direction that project is going but it's a coin toss: I've got 2 kittens from the pairing (both unboxed at the site) and one shows ody slush and one shows bronze. It could go either direction. The oldest kitten is at 14% love now, so we've got a week or so to wait on that one. With luck, she'll throw her hidden.

Hmm is anybody running cognac versus those eyes? morning dew and pomegranate I mean. Or Ody cognac wine.

Ody Cognac Wine is dominant to bronze and recessive to Ody Crush. Now, my ody crush tests are still in process versus full moon, but I strongly *suspect* that it's going to come in recessive to full moon. So, not unexpectedly, ody cognac wine is likely to come in alongside all the other Halloween '14 eyes. Doll is running OCW versus OCM (I think). Could be useful.

08-08-2016, 10:19 AM
I guess it was your turn, Ivy!
I don't know if anyone os testing Cognac against those eyes, and the one Cognac I have is too precious to use for testing at the moment.
I'm ready for shared breeding if needed

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)