Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Food mystery
11-08-2015, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 07:57 PM by Tanith Stillwater.)
Food mystery
I've been out of Kittycats for a few years and I'm not remembering everything I should, I'm sure.

But I'm really puzzled. I finally made the decision to pull my favorite cat of all time (Love Leopard Light Ambrosia - 1,326 days old Smile ) out of the depths of my inventory. I expected her to be sick, and she is - but she updated fine and should be spitting out her little thermometer later tonight.

Here's the mystery. I rezzed food for her last Sunday. Her hunger is at 3 percent so she's been eating. But what? Because the food I rezzed still shows 100 percent full.

Granted, it's old food - left over from that time, approximately 1,000 days ago, when I packed up all my cats and took an SL vacation. But shouldn't it have diminished by 1/8 at least? I'm confused!

tl: dr - cat's not hungry, but after a week food is still at 100 percent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 08:55 PM by Shamu077 Resident.)
RE: Food mystery
(11-08-2015 07:27 PM)Tanith Stillwater Wrote:  I've been out of Kittycats for a few years and I'm not remembering everything I should, I'm sure.

But I'm really puzzled. I finally made the decision to pull my favorite cat of all time (Love Leopard Light Ambrosia - 1,326 days old Smile ) out of the depths of my inventory. I expected her to be sick, and she is - but she updated fine and should be spitting out her little thermometer later tonight.

Here's the mystery. I rezzed food for her last Sunday. Her hunger is at 3 percent so she's been eating. But what? Because the food I rezzed still shows 100 percent full.

Granted, it's old food - left over from that time, approximately 1,000 days ago, when I packed up all my cats and took an SL vacation. But shouldn't it have diminished by 1/8 at least? I'm confused!

tl: dr - cat's not hungry, but after a week food is still at 100 percent.

You have found the magic food bowl, it never gets empty - keep that bowl!

Strange things can happen with old cats and probably old kibble.

We rezzed some 3 year old Halloween special cats last month and updated them to 1.45. They were NOT perma-petted. One was sick, but the other two rezzed healthy and never got sick - they just ate kibble like a new pet cat with no blanket/thermometer from day one out of inventory!
 Thanks given by: Tanith Stillwater , MsMagick Resident
11-09-2015, 07:06 AM
It's definitely old kibble ... I would guesstimate I was out of the game for about 3 years. There was a time when I'd go through a case in about three days, but now it's one cat on pet food, not 8 jillion breeders eating their pretty lil heads off.

And I just checked - she's been up and bopping around all night, currently at 2 percent hungry and the food is still at 100 percent.

I've told one of my buddies to rap me over the head if I start breeding again, lol.
11-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Any chance someone else on the SIM has food out and is feeding her by accident?

Otherwise, I want some kibble like that! :-) LOL!

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Tanith Stillwater
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 12:19 AM by Oselkhandro Resident.)
Hmmm, I have a food bowl like that too, for a non-breeding cat..it never seems to go below 100%. Maybe the cat is such a slow eater that the change does not register?

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Tanith Stillwater
11-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Hi Tanith Smile
it's true Smile your (gorgeous) cat is healty and eat every day, and your food is still 100% Smile

There is someone in the Sim that have his food setted SIM/Anyone.

Have good time! Smile
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Tanith Stillwater
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 04:35 PM by Tanith Stillwater.)
Huh. That's strange ... a cat with a set range will go outside of it to eat kibble when it's literally sitting right on top of kibble? Nifty trick! Edit: I think I found the food CalicoKitty is referring to. I am going to IM the owner and let her know and try to figure out a way to repay her Smile

Is there a way to force her to eat her own food first? I don't want to mooch off neighbors Smile
11-11-2015, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 12:21 AM by Oselkhandro Resident.)
(11-10-2015 04:28 PM)Tanith Stillwater Wrote:  Huh. That's strange ... a cat with a set range will go outside of it to eat kibble when it's literally sitting right on top of kibble? Nifty trick! Edit: I think I found the food CalicoKitty is referring to. I am going to IM the owner and let her know and try to figure out a way to repay her Smile

Is there a way to force her to eat her own food first? I don't want to mooch off neighbors Smile

Suggest that the owner of the other food set it to "Parcel" "My Cats" and then, your cat will not be able to eat it. Set your food that way, as well.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
11-11-2015, 02:47 AM
(11-10-2015 04:28 PM)Tanith Stillwater Wrote:  Huh. That's strange ... a cat with a set range will go outside of it to eat kibble when it's literally sitting right on top of kibble? Nifty trick! Edit: I think I found the food CalicoKitty is referring to. I am going to IM the owner and let her know and try to figure out a way to repay her Smile

If the food is set "Sim/Anyone" will feed anyone's cat in all the Sim, no matter the cat's range or cat's owner Smile
11-11-2015, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 03:27 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
The fact that your food bowl hasn't been eaten from at all is a bit strange. Perhaps the bowl range is set for "Range" and your cat's range doesn't overlap it? Or maybe it's broken and hasn't been feeding your cat at all. Or maybe you do have a magic food bowl as said above!

I don't believe there is a way to prevent a cat eating from a food bowl that is set to "Anyone" and "Sim". Setting an "Anyone" bowl to "Parcel" or ideally "Range" would at least limit which cats mooch from it.

When setting down a food bowl, the important part is "My cats" if you're not sharing with other avatars. If you can do "My cats", you don't have to worry about whether the range is "Sim", "Parcel", or "Range", it will only feed cats belonging to the avatar that rezzed the bowl.

If you are sharing with other avatars, it's best for the cats (and food) to be in the same group so you limit which cats *could* eat from the bowls. Again, the range choice doesn't matter.

Generally, a person would only want to use the "Anyone" setting if they were feeding a cat belonging to another person and could not join the group the cat was in for some reason. For example, helping out a friend whose computer was broken for a few weeks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)