Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Do I need a home ?
11-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Do I need a home ?
Hello
I'm french so please forgive my mistakes.
I'd like to know if it is possible to raise a cat if I don't have a home ?
It seems it is very difficult to find nice places with the possibility to rez.
What do you think ?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 12:06 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Do I need a home ?
It's possible, but assuming you want to be able to enjoy them in world, it's more complicated.

You can have them live in The Cattery, but you have to buy separate food for there, and you will need somewhere to rez whenever you want to bring them back in world to interact with them. Example: you need to rez both to pick them up and to put them down, even if you are cuddling/wearing them in between (and wearing portable food). And you should not intentionally log off while wearing them as they can't eat and could get sick or even break.

Search for "sandbox" or SIMs set with a longer return. You can probably find places that give you enough time to transfer them to the cattery or back, but somewhere that you can watch them play is going to be a lot harder. Example: I know of a SIM that has a 5 minute return so that people can use it to rez boats for sailing, but that is considered a long return time. I've also seen sandboxes with 20 minutes or longer for builders, but they frequently close down or move, and I've honestly not used one in a very long time. Also, some SIMs will let you rez there for longer (but not leave things there) if you are a member of their group, but you may have to pay to join the group.

If you think about renting a small place, remember that each cat is 13 prims plus attachments. You can but them in low prim mode, but you have to take them out of low prim mode in order to pick them up or for them to be able to move.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2015, 01:10 PM
The best option for the homeless is permapets. The permapet potion represents about 2 years worth of food, but then you never have to worry about feeding the pet and you can keep the pet in inventory and pull him or her out and walk with it when you wish.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
11-07-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 03:55 PM by Angelfa Watkins.)
I now have a shop but before that, I didn't have any place of my own in world and I was able to breed my pets just fine in the cattery only. Just find a place to rez them for a few minutes while you take them from the cattery to in world and vice versa if you want to hold them. Most of my cats are still exclusively in the cattery, I only have 1 pair in my shop.
11-07-2015, 06:21 PM

The permapet idea is the easiest option for the homeless.
You pay for all those years of food up front and be done with it!

However, having a home where you can choose your own furniture,
and entertain guests is always cool.

Its up to your budget.

If you join up as a premium member, the house is included!
And you also get access to sandboxes and race tracks that are
only available to those who join up.

Or you could rent a place for a few dollars.

I own several homes all over the SL world,
from an island in the middle of the sea, to a gallery on the Amsterdam sim.
So I can hang out in different places and not get bored!

Look around and see what you like!

Welcome to the KittyCatS community and best of luck!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
11-08-2015, 11:16 AM
I can't believe I didn't think of the Permapet option - it's not like I don't have a White Tiger Perma in my inventory all the time ready to pull out and ride! (And a second one up for sale at the moment.)

She did say "raise" though, so I was thinking ones that would grow up from boxes and maybe breed.

Tricotinna - Cats have to be at least 7 days old to permapet, and it's L$300 cheaper if they are at least 120 days old. They can't breed after you permapet them, but you don't need to feed them either. If you're interested in that, I bet a lot of us have older kitties we'd be happy to give or sell you cheap, depending on what you want.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
11-10-2015, 06:12 AM
I don't think you need a home. You can buy food you can attach to your body and wear the cat on your body. You can also keep the cat in the online cattery and take them out in the sandbox.

[Image: 2hxadq8.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
11-11-2015, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 06:32 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
The portable food takes more time than a regular food bowl. You would have to be logged in to wear the cat and portable food for at least an hour a day. It might be hard to do that day after day without fail.

In the Cattery or if you rent land, the cat can nibble at the bowl all day long. All you have to do is make sure the food doesn't run out.
11-16-2015, 10:30 PM
My vote is the online cattery.

If you don't have access to a sandbox, if you join a sim with auctions, usually it lets you rez cats in the auction area as long as you are wearing their group tag. So when it's not auction time (don't do it during auctions because it is distracting and understandably people won't like it), you can go into the seating area of an auction site, put down your dock and bring your cat into SL. You can also put down your cats there to send them back to the online cattery. (Cats don't eat in inventory and will starve.)

If you need to send money to the online cattery to feed the cats, you don't even need a sandbox (or auction site). Just "wear" the dock. Then you can click it and send money to the cattery for kibble and stuff. Just don't forget to take it off because you might look a little weird walking around clutching the dock in your hand.

If you don't want to breed, the above suggestions of perma-pet it great. Then you can keep the cat(s) in inventory and just wear them when you want to hold them. That's where I keep my perma-petted kitties. I like to carry them at random times so I never have them in the online cattery.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)