Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Fur Tonkinese Champagne recessiveness
07-14-2016, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 11:43 AM by AbiJen Resident.)
RE: New Fur Tonkinese Champagne recessiveness
I've just put a Tonk - Champagne against Jane, the girl who started the whole Aby - Ruddy/ASH Cream & White query, and gotten a purdy little Champagne kitten. The Ruddy thread proves Jane to be hiding Ruddy under her Cream & White, so Tonk - Champagne is dominant to Cream & White - now we just need that placing accurately to narrow this fur down some more.

[Image: Tonk_Champ_1.png]

A copy of the pedigree has been sent to Saga.
Abi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Alassariah Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
07-15-2016, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 04:56 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Hi AbiJen, Thanks for the new proof! Since you proved Aby Ruddy is recessive to Cream&White Tabby (through the famous Jane), the Saga sequence needs to be reordered a bit but everybody is helping with that so that's cool.

With this proof, Tonki Champ is dominant to Aby Rudy for sure if Jane whether threw her shown or hidden. Won't know if it is also dominant to Cream&White Tabby, I don't think until the baby shows it's hid because no way to know if Jane threw her shown yet. So I'll mark up the fur sheet that Tonki Champ is dominant to Aby Ruddy. Here is the new range (the order of Snowshoe Choco, Cream&Whtie Tabby, & Aby Ruddy is being tested)

Bengal Copper
Brown & White Patch Tabby
Foxie Auburn
Ocicat Black Snowshoe Chocolate *
Cream & White Tabby *
Abyssinian Ruddy

For people who didn't read the Cream & White Tabby thread, Jane's proof her hidden is Aby Ruddy is here:
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=26560

It is so awesome that we are continuing to follow Jane's adventures!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
07-16-2016, 02:53 AM
I've opened the box already to see what he's hiding. I hate this waiting... hehe

Jane certainly does seem to be an attention seeker. My other kitties sit around, keeping themselves occupied and being quiet, but not Jane!

Abi.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-18-2016, 09:43 AM
She is a very lovely kitty with her Lucky Irish Clover eyes. Can't blame her for wanting to show off, lol.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
08-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I've just had another kitten showing Champagne (pot luck as i forgot to seperate the boys and girls after their last breeding session), this from Chrissy, a starter who hides ASH Cream & White, and Aahan, the father from the previous pedigree with Jane (above).

This should show that Tonk - Champagne is dominant to Cream & White. Aahan has passed his shown (or possibly hidden if he is pure Champagne) and Chrissy must have passed her hidden Cream & White Tabby.
[Image: Tonk_Champ_2.png]

This shows Cream & White as Chrissy's hidden from a pairing with a Siamese - Flame as Cream & White is dominant to Flame, therefore it cannot come from John so must be from Chrissy.
[Image: Chrissy_C_W_Tabby_Hid.png]

Abi.
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Arwen Swordthain
08-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Great job, AbiJen. Thank you, this cuts out a few more furs!

Now Tonk Champagne is between Bengal Cooper and Tabby Cream & White. So that leaves only 4 furs it needs to be tested against:

Brown & White Patch Tabby
Foxie Auburn
Ocicat Black
Snowshoe Chocolate

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
08-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Tonkinese Champagne is recessive to Ocicat Black

[Image: 3854799d4e391374760b636a0acfdc55.png]

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain
08-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Yay Congrats! you dropped it down to 1 fur. It only needs to be tested against Snowshoe Chocolate to be placed!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Alassariah Resident
08-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Awesomeness! Big Grin

(08-11-2016 07:57 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Yay Congrats! you dropped it down to 1 fur. It only needs to be tested against Snowshoe Chocolate to be placed!

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!
08-24-2016, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2016 09:18 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Because this finding places Ocicat Black recessive to Snowshoe Chocolate, this means Tonkinese champagne does not need to be tested against Snowshoe

Tonkinese Champagne is placed between Ocicat Black and Cream & White Tabby

Yay! Finally Ocicat Black is recessive to Snowshoe Chocolate! And this places Tonkinese Champagne because it is proven recessive to Ocicat Black and dom to Cream & White Tabby

Reven and I paired her Ocicat Black to my Snowshoe Chocolate

We got a Snowshoe Chocolate and here goes te chart

Mom has Bengal Black showing
Dad has Snowshoe Chocolate showing
Baby has Ocicat Black showing ... tada!!!
Ocicat ahs to be the hid of dad and proves recessive to Snowshoe Chocolate

This finishes it. The new order is:
Foxie Auburn
Snowshoe Chocolate
Ocicat Black
Tonkinese Champagne
Cream & White Tabby
Abyssinian Ruddy
Tawny Tabby

[Image: 395e54001fbe8b1f34d32ebec6c57868.png]

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Alassariah Resident , Songdog Woolley , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)