Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Threads closed to easily?
10-16-2015, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 06:49 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Threads closed to easily?
(10-16-2015 12:32 PM)JenniferShelby Resident Wrote:  I wanted to weigh in on this and hope its ok. I am new to kitty cats. I am less then month into it.. might be right at a month I need to check my firestorm kitty. I joined kitty cats for several reasons!

One I like cats who doesn't cats are awesome and superior to dogs in every way Tongue. Two I wanted to make friends and what better place then a breedables community, Three seems like support and such for kitty cats is really good. I was part of another system in SL for about a year. Sadly that system was destroyed by poor support and the creator going bonkers on the community. I can kinda understand why a thread like the one in question was closed. My thinking is as a new person I hadn't been around much with kitty cats. I will admit it was a bit of put off to read such things. I don't at this time plan to be one of these mega breeders I seen. I wanna breed for what I want and is unique and I sell the extra's for food.

Reading that thread kinda had me worried about selling. Another great example of people saying something perhaps they don't mean is I went to a auction (personally I can't remember which auction it was) where the auctioneer basically said... people shouldn't come to auctions if they don't plan to buy. This has kinda turned me off to going to auctions. There lots of reasons someone might not buy. Perhaps the cats they wanted become to expensive. Perhaps they where there to support a friend. Perhaps they wanted to see how the auctioneer handles them self's, etc. I still going to them but now there always a bit of hesitation. Being new the things we read or see can shape our experiences and make huge impacts I think threads like that are closed not for the veterans but for new people who don't have the experiences they want new people to feel welcomed.

I hope my post help ^_^ thanks everyone for being so helpful to us new people when we do ask something.

Hi Jennifer welcome to KittyCatS! Smile

Yes, here on the forums discussions can get fired up it has always been that way.
In a way it can be the only way to get some troubles on the table and making sure they do no damage under the surface; it can clear the air.
But I can honestly say being in this community since july 2011, if it doesn't involve money, this community is the coolest I was ever in during my SL time.
A lot of new people have a little of a "getting used too" time with these forums certainly if topics get animated or perhaps even heated.
In reality I think all of the participants are pretty harmless and it only shows they care otherwise they wouldn't be so fired up.
The KittyCatS Addicts group most certainly is a softer place to fall when you are new.
Although most of all people I have encountered are no monsters and from some I need some more proof still Dodgy
They are foremost very helpful :-)
I think you had no luck with the topic you encountered it went personal and was about money.
The money monster does the weirdest things with people while they may be cool if it does not involve their money.

Welcome again I am positive and congratulations that you've selected the best breedable out there with the most friendly and helpful community as well.
And a customer service and owners who go beyond and above to help because they truly care! :-)

Have fun! :-)

Kayleigh

P.s. I don't know who said you can't join auctions without buying but that is just ridiculous!
There are many fun and laid back auctions out there!
You must have encountered an auctioneer with a bad day or the money-moster took over again :-)
They do get commissions over sales so they may be a little aggressive to earn some extra pocket-money.
Auctions are a great way to learn more and different things about kitties and you certainly do not have to buy anything!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , princesspoison100 Resident , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Senta Garnburg , Deerne Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Chalinna Resident , Ryanna Enfield
10-17-2015, 05:41 AM
I want to just say hi to jennifer. Welcome to kittycats! Things can get heated if people disagree but everyone has a right to tehir opinion. I disagree with many of my firends on some subjects and we are still friends. You control your sl not other people. And the auction thing that is a lil messed up. I go to auctions t ime to time when I cana nd sometimes I don't have the money to buy but I will go and support. I guess there are just some peope who are strict with their rules which is sad Sad we should all just be having fun woohoo!!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Kayleigh McMillan , princesspoison100 Resident , Chalinna Resident , Ryanna Enfield
10-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Here , here that is the one thing it should be Fun, and auctions too! as a previous auctioneer on my main AV I can safely say I did it all for the fun never the money , but just like Rl somesee a business in Kittycats and this fun factor gets slightly forgotten !
Different opinions keep us all unique otherwise life would be boring in any world ! We should listen even if we don't agree we might just learn something from it anyway .
Where possible we should just push that fun factor to the limits Smile

Heart PrincessHeart
It is impossible to keep a straight face in the presence of one or more kittens.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan , Chalinna Resident
10-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Jennifer Wrote:Another great example of people saying something perhaps they don't mean is I went to a auction (personally I can't remember which auction it was) where the auctioneer basically said... people shouldn't come to auctions if they don't plan to buy. This has kinda turned me off to going to auctions.

I know which auctioneer said this and I believe the context is very important. I do not believe that she would ever suggest that new breeders who are just getting their footing should be pressured into purchasing cats that they don't want. Nor is she strict with rules.
Let me explain:
Auctions in SL are often under-attended. Why this is so and how it can be fixed is another thread. But let me say that one can not-infrequently end up at an auction where the only people in the audience are people who also have cats up for bid on the podiums. In this situation, everybody is an experienced breeder who knows the scene. And the auction often runs like a round-robin: I buy your cat, somebody buys my cat, and most of the cats in the auction get bought. Nobody makes profit in that situation. But it actually does help build catteries and creates bonds between the people who attend those auctions. I think that what the auctioneer means by "be prepared to buy" is simply that if one is in that situation where the audience is small, yes, one steps up and supports the community and buys a cat. Again, I don't think she really means it to apply to someone who is just learning the scene.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
10-17-2015, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 09:14 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Honestly I believe the auctioneer concerned may mean well by this but I'd avoid such auction.
Maybe there is no cat in the line up I'd like to breed and feed.
I have had great times at auctions buying no kitties at all but was just socializing.
I am kind of picky and do not select kitties on face value but inspect their pedigree to see if the for me desired trait is locked down for example.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , princesspoison100 Resident , Chalinna Resident , Dimpz Morane , Ryanna Enfield , CarlottaAdagio Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)