Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Understanding Hunger levels
10-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Understanding Hunger levels
Hello

I have lots of questions regarding kitties being a new kitty owner. i search the forum and help and I post here.

My question this time is regarding the hunger level.

Let's say a kitty has 10% hunger. Does that mean she is very hungry or almost full?

I'm not sure if below 50% is worse or better than above 50%. My understanding is that if the kitty is 10% hungry, she is also 90% full. Is this correct or is it the opposite?

Thank you for your replies.

Misoti Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Understanding Hunger levels
(10-13-2015 11:17 AM)MisotisJourney Resident Wrote:  Hello

I have lots of questions regarding kitties being a new kitty owner. i search the forum and help and I post here.

My question this time is regarding the hunger level.

Let's say a kitty has 10% hunger. Does that mean she is very hungry or almost full?

I'm not sure if below 50% is worse or better than above 50%. My understanding is that if the kitty is 10% hungry, she is also 90% full. Is this correct or is it the opposite?

Thank you for your replies.

Misoti Smile

Hi Misoti. Anything under 12% hunger is normal. That means the cat is eating. Cats do not eat while sleeping, so hunger will go up then, but it should only reach about 12%.

If hunger goes higher than that, then it could indicate a problem. If food is present, then re-rezzing the food and making sure the cat is awake should resolve the hunger issue. If a cat's hunger doesn't go down with 30min of the food being re-rezzed, contact Support with the cat and food's location so we can check it. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
10-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah, closer to 0 the better when it comes to the hunger-stat Smile so 10% hungry means 90% full Big Grin
10-14-2015, 06:59 PM
Thank you Kitten and Longmeadow. I have two kitties and two food dishes out. I know only one was necessary but i got two so they will last longer. They are both usually around 10% hungry by the time they wake up but after they have been up for awhile, it goes down from 0 - 3 about. If I do encounter a problem that they are not receiving food and bowls are on the floor, I will check here for advice. Thank you again.

Misoti Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)