Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Question for CSR
10-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Question for CSR
I have a pair of Til Death Do Us Part kitties still in the coffin that they came in. I have not rezzed them in world yet.

My question is this.. When they are rezzed in world and do their first download from the server is there a chance that they could be a size other than normal.

I ask because if I remember correctly they did not have the option to be sized when they came out. I just want to make sure I have all the information for people.

Rayne Morningstar
Auctioneer at Too Adorable
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Si...e/37/98/21
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Question for CSR
I'm not a CSR, but I think that yes, they load with current traits, and the current capacity to have different sizes.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
10-12-2015, 10:14 AM
That is what I am thinking as well. granted I am still knocking the rust loose after two years.. I can not believe how much information I have still retained.

Rayne Morningstar
Auctioneer at Too Adorable
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Si...e/37/98/21
10-12-2015, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 12:29 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
If they have never been rezzed before, yes this could be Smile
The only obstacle I see is that they are outdated.
Normally when we first rezz a kitty they get their traits imprinted.
But perhaps you will get a red "update" hover text as soon as you rezz it.
I am unsure if in that condition of the box the imprint will go the same way.

Perhaps it just does but I think it is worth a question to ask a CSR indeed.
Maybe they can get you sorted, if that would effect the outcome, before you rezz it.

Kay :-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-12-2015, 09:47 PM
The traits, size, etc., are determined at the time the cat first appears. That is: a box appears in the Cattery, a box appears in-world, or a starter is taken from the delivery package.

This last is the case here.

This means the cat's traits are taken from the NOW-CURRENT set of possible traits.

For example, if a fur was available when the collection was released, but has since been retired, that fur is NOT available to the cat. Similarly, if a fur has been introduced, and is generally available to all starters, that fur IS available to the cat.

The exception to this rule is that, if a trait was only available to that collection, and not to normal starters, that trait (even though retired) is still available to the cat.

The fact that the boxes will likely need updating should not effect the traits.

Note, however, that 'extremely old' cats and delivery boxes may require a laying-on-of-hands and, occasionally even direct intervention from a deity to become usable should the needed update not be available (some where not archived) or the changes too great (possibly requiring a series of updates).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I keep the old updaters for that reason. I have found with very old cats that I have bought, the most current doesn't always work -- so I use the old updater to get up to a certain version and then the new updater to take it all the way. Almost always works--even used it on a gen I cat -- wish I hadn't -- it was kind of cool to have a kitty box with no whiskers, lol. Only once using 2 updaters system didn't work and KC Support updated that cat for me.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
10-13-2015, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 03:24 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
(10-12-2015 09:41 AM)Rayne Broome Wrote:  I have a pair of Til Death Do Us Part kitties still in the coffin that they came in. I have not rezzed them in world yet.

My question is this.. When they are rezzed in world and do their first download from the server is there a chance that they could be a size other than normal.

I ask because if I remember correctly they did not have the option to be sized when they came out. I just want to make sure I have all the information for people.

Hi Rayne. Since sizes were not available for this collection, when you rez them they will be normal sized. Their offspring however will have the potential to have a special size.

Correcting myself! See my response below. Smile

This is also a pretty old collection so if you encounter any issues with rezzing them, file a ticket and let us know. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
10-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Okay. Not the answer I expected. I understand that of course certain traits can be limited to certain Collections, à la the Scarecrows having the potential for certain eyes for example. But generally speaking, I'd been led to believe that all sizes were potentially present on all boxes since the time those sizes were introduced.

Does this mean that when the server is populating the box with traits it checks the Collection type and specifically rejects the size options?

10-13-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 03:25 PM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
(10-13-2015 02:13 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Okay. Not the answer I expected. I understand that of course certain traits can be limited to certain Collections, à la the Scarecrows having the potential for certain eyes for example. But generally speaking, I'd been led to believe that all sizes were potentially present on all boxes since the time those sizes were introduced.

Does this mean that when the server is populating the box with traits it checks the Collection type and specifically rejects the size options?

KittyCats Resident answered a similar question before here: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...1#pid20611

In regards to size specifically, it depends on the collection and if sizes were a part of the collection originally. I had to do some research to double-check myself and need to make a correction.

In the 2012 Halloween collection, Toys and Teacups were possible in the collection itself - I can verify this as I have a Til Death Do US Part Groom that is a Toy size (goes to show you I have so many cats I can't keep track of them, LOL!) So there is a *slight* chance that when those cats are rezzed from their package, that they could be Toy or Teacup-sized. They could not be Petites, Bigger de Bigs, or Megapusses, as those sizes had not been introduced yet (they were introduced in Spring 2013 I believe.)

Their offspring however can be ANY size (Teacup, Toy, Peteite, Normal, Bigger de Big, Megapuss) since you will need to update them to the latest versions. I've verified that this is possible personally. So if it was a collection that could have special offspring, and it bred for the first time now, then the offspring could potentially have a size. (eg. two Mummy Mia's from the same 2012 collection, unpacked for the first time in 2013 gave birth to a megapuss-sized FrankenPire.)

So there you go - I hope that helps! Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-14-2015, 06:38 AM
Heart
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer and to look that up, Kitten.
I had never seen that thread before. It is very interesting.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)