Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Does hunger stop when I am not online?
10-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Does hunger stop when I am not online?
Hello

I'm new to Kitty Cats and have a new kitty. I read that she starts to age as soon as she is born whether I am online or not. But what about hunger? I have a little linden home with my premium account and she is now sleeping in her bed with her food bowls close by. But what if I am not online for a few days? Will she go hungry? Do I have to be online each day to make sure she gets food or does the hunger timer stop when I am offline?

Thank you for your replies.

Misoti and Kitty Cat **Farrah** who is all of 1 day old.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 01:08 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Does hunger stop when I am not online?
Hi hello and welcome Smile

Yes, your kitty will remain to need food wether you are online or not.
Kitties do no eat when they sleep and start to nibble from the available food again as soon as they wake up.
Should there be no food for three days the kitty becomes sick.
They luckily never die.
If your kitty becomes sick you have two options.

Let the kitty heal after it has access to food again: the recovery takes one week.
Or you can heal the kitty instantly with the "get well" vitamin.

Good luck with your kitty!

Welcome to KittyCatS again! Smile

Kay

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Hello Misoti and welcome.

Just to add:
You don't have to be online everyday as long as you provided food for you little fur darling.

For information how long the food bowls last you can look here:
http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=124

Have fun Smile
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Hello ladies and thank you for the advice. I will make sure there is food available at all times. Smile
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
10-12-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 10:37 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
Here are some options for feeding cats when you'll be away for a while ...

1) Set out the required number of bowls. Remember, 1 cat, 1 bowl, 28 days. So, if you have 27 cats and will be gone for a two-week vacation (16 days), you'll need [27 x 16 / 28, round up] 16 bowls. Remember, though, that your cats will continue to breed and produce boxes, so you'll need to also be sure you have free prims available for the boxes. Those 27 cats can produce up to 28 boxes while you're away for that vacation, so be sure you have around 60 prims available (32 for the food and 30 for the boxes which might appear).

2) Use an auto-feeder. This is available from the Store. Fill it with enough food to last the required period. This reduces the number of prims you'll need to be sure you have to 30 or so.

3) Send them to the Cattery and purchase bowls there. This has the advantage that you can purchase additional bowls using only web access. So, you can check the cats and purchase food, just about anywhere. Simply stop at any local library, or use a hot-spot (available at most air ports, restaurants and big box retailers .. I like Sam's Clubs and McDonalds for this).

4) Have a friend feed them. This requires having a group .. NOT the land group, unless you actually OWN the land and can set it to your private group! Set your cats out, then change their group to your private group. Set out your food and set it to GROUP (the default is MY CATS), after changing its group. When your food is gone, your friend can put out food for your cats and do the same. The down-side to this is you're depending upon your friend to actually DO that. This works best when you own the land and can set the land group; or for short periods, say a few days .. up to a week, since your cat's won't actually be able to create the boxes but will retry and make them when you return and set them back to the land group.

5) If you're going to be gone for a long time, it may be more cost-effective to simply take the cats into inventory and let them starve, or send the in to the Menagerie before you leave. Sure, you'll miss out on boxes. But, if you're going to be gone for a few months, your cats will probably all age-out before you return. So, why bother spending money on food? For those few who do not age out, though, you'll have to wait a week for them to get healthy and start producing boxes again.

As always, my recommendation is (3) .. use the Cattery!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Ivy Norsk
10-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Thank you Tad for that very detailed account. I will not be breading my kitty. I have her and one Firestorm cat and that will be sufficient for me. I don't plan on being away but should I at some point, I will keep your suggestions in mind.

Misoti Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)