Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
I know this isn't a new topic....
10-12-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 07:34 PM by doubledareme Resident.)
RE: I know this isn't a new topic....
You know you can all beef about what is being said here but there is not one of you that would complain it if your cats were selling for more on a regular basis. I laugh at the fact you all jump down my throat that I am expecting people to pay this or that when in reality, if everyones cats were selling for what they were worth NONE of you would be disagreeing and honestly this post would be pointless. lol

To Clarify I can do NOTHING to change what you price your cats at EXCEPT to write something in a public forum hoping to gain some interest and perhaps stir the people who underprice to look basically how it disregards the rest of the community by doing it. At the end of the day you will all do what you want. But it feels like its purposeful with some. And that is what bugs me the most. It is a TOTAL disregard for anyone else trying to feed their kittys all the while they just pocketed 1500 US dollars on a fur that I can't sell for 1000L. It's annoying as crap. And yes DJ it would help if the menagerie dollar were worth more...but that is another whole topic and one which you and me have absolutely no control of.

But here in the KittyCats community all of us can do our part to keep pricing even. I am not saying over the board the same as each other...friendly competition is good. Sometimes we need to run a sale and sometimes we can justify selling a cat lower because of the sheer numbers of a specific cat in the market. BUT we could all try to keep the pricing BASICALLY EVEN. A cat that should be worth 8 to 1500 linden should NOT be sold for 2 or 300 linden just because you personally have AN EXCESS. Period. THAT is MY point here and I am entitled to my opinion. And if everyone were doing their part and if those people who are selling ridiculously low en mass actually gave a flying rats butt then it wouldn't be like that. lol But again that is something I cannot change. A person has to actually give a damn. And some don't.

I don't have issue with people starting low bids at auctions and I don't have an issue with people putting a weekend sale out...hell I don't even have a problem with people selling a 100L cat when it's been sitting collecting dust in your cattery and you want a new menagerie kitty. MY point was: how is a cat like a Blue Marble with Grotto perfect eyes, Blush shade Puff tail and Latte Fussy whiskers NOT worth at lease 8L Or 9 if you want to use the 100L per trait rule? Or even bloody 6 or7ooL?? Either way it is certainly with more than 300 lindens.... UNLESS YOU HAVE 100's of them sitting in your cattery. WHICH WAS MY POINT in the first place. I know the few I have traited like that are worth way more than 300l And you all know that too.

THAT was the point in the first place. Not to tell you how to price your kittys...it was more or less to tell those who breed in excess and sell en mass, that excess, under value (which we all KNOW is happening regardless of your posts) that it would be nice if you didn't stomp all over the rest of the market because you can.
A little respect please.
(10-11-2015 04:24 PM)doubledareme Resident Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 04:21 PM)Dimpz Morane Wrote:  Like I said you assume too much - you state that I think you are referring to one particular person - WRONG period!

You seem so very angry Dimpz... this isn't directed to anyone if you understand that then why ask me to go to the people i am referring to? Anyway...you have a nice day.

This was merely an observation based on the caps and the exclamation point; the tonality of the post.
The ORIGINAL point was not to tell people how to sell their cats. It was to ask..."since when is a Aussie Blue, Grotto perfect eyes, Blush Shade, Shorty Tail, Latte Fussy whiskers worth 300L. I understand pricing. I understand sometimes we need to clear out a cattery gathering dust. But we all know that a cat is not worth that price unless someone is trying to clear out stock from overbreeding. Which, again, was my original point. It seriously bothers me that these same people who pocket hundreds of US dollars on a specific fur, breeding it to get specific traits, throw out those same furs at 300 lindens because they weren't the "one of four" that they were looking for. AND they do this with 50 different pairs, enmassing a stock that they then place on a market that already has instability because, simply, they can. It's disrespectful, frankly speaking.

This has nothing to do with cat sales or getting rid of unwanted older stock so you can buy a menagerie kitty, or selling a cat that has flooded the market such as a FoxS&P....this was simply a statement or question if you will, that pondered, HOW IN THE WORLD, they came to settle on a price of 300l for that particular cat. And again the only explanation is that they over bred and need to dump stock. AND THAT WAS JUST ONE EXAMPLE. And not meant to point a finger at just one large breeder. It was a generalized statement.

And you can all say what you want but there is not ONE of you that would not like to see the pricing of kittys be stabilized at a fair and just price for all... Not a one of you would complain if you were selling your kittys for the most part at the value they are worth especially if it were higher. If you could sell every 9t kitty at its value ..the value being established but the entire community lets say 100L per trait for newer and recessive traits...or retired and coveted traits ...there would be no argument. Fair pricing is something we always struggle with ...and we haggle and we go to auctions and hope to underbid or outbid others. But at the end of the day I don't think the majority of the kitty breeders can actually tell me I am wrong in my speculation about why 25 or 50 cats like that were priced so low all together in one place. OVERBREEDING/UNDERSELLING. And it is only larger breeders who do this. That is fact.
(10-12-2015 07:16 AM)Senta Garnburg Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 07:52 PM)doubledareme Resident Wrote:  But I just want to say this...

I understand needing to keep prices reasonable when you have a lot of cats to sell. But I take personal issue with people who are selling new and very recessive traits for 300L. If you want to breed 400 cats so you can be the first one to discover something or get the best cat before everyone else, don't make the rest of the market suffer by selling cats that should be retaining their value at 1000L or more. Some breeders are just starting to get cats as well treated as this because we don't breed 200 of the same fur. And if these people are selling them for 300L what is the point. Its just wrong in my opinion. People who over saturate the market then kill the value of the traits should be boycotted.

I understand needing to clear out kittys, and I can even understand selling lower than 300 for kittys that have been around for some time and who are not 9t or well traited. But when making money takes over your morals perhaps it is time to do something else instead of breeding kittyCats.

Menagerie them. Keep them in your Cattery for a while. You certainly don't need to destroy the market by getting rid of 50 9t new and recessive traits for 300L . Seriously?? Blue Marbles with Puff/Posh Latte Retired tails and ears??? really?

I'm all for selling off kittys that are underbred...trip mist for instance...but I dunno. My heart just sank when I came across this. It's a travesty. Utterly shameful.

Perhaps its time for Sim owners to band together and do something about this?? I honestly am at a loss for words other than I'm very very disappointed.

I for one have stopped buying 9t well traited cats for under 5 to 800 lindens and even that is a steal.

I know I've said a lot but honestly I'm baffled... just why???

WOW.

DD

Omg, here we go again. Who are you to tell people what to do?
To put it in your own words: ..."But when making money takes over your morals perhaps it is time to do something else instead of breeding kittyCats."

That quote is out of context. I am not trying to make RL money at this. I, in fact, don't sell many of my cats. I do however auction and see people trying to continue to breed kittys for the love of breeding and who would like to or need to sell them in order to afford to pay for kibble. Not everyone can throw RL money into the system so it becomes difficult if they can't in fact sell their kittys to pay for the breeding. And the people I was referring to I know for a fact do take lindens out of SL into RL in quantities from sales of kittys and for example just on one new fur could be 1000's of US dollars if it sells well and they have enough of them to sell. The fact that 1 of 4 will give them what they want leaves an excess of what they don't want that they have to dump into the market...or they think they need to dump and do so in large quantities and for very low prices just to make something back. So, um this has nothing to do with me looking at this as a business. I still put RL money into KittyCats even though I auction and try to sell a few to brake even with the kibble costs.

DD
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2015, 07:54 AM
One could use the same argument for the extraordinarily high prices some stores set for genesis traits. Who decides the market? The consumer.
10-13-2015, 10:23 AM
(10-12-2015 12:43 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I fear a bit for a communistic type of market in which prices are dictated and people starting to police each other to make sure everything is equally shared.
Of course this is a virtual world but KittyCatS can be certainly a marketable product via which we can get profit but they do not have to be.

Each seller has a price scale they feel comfortable with.
I have a friend who likes to start with an open bid at auctions as she feels uncomfortable and too shy to set a price and rather has the audience decide what her cat is worth.
Those are her deep felt ethics and God knows she is stalked with just that.
Now she feels uncomfortable to sell on auctions she feels it is no fun anymore.
How is that others ruin an other's fun?!

Once I have found (not as the first) a new eye and I think I was one of the first to have a 9T with it though.
It was Ody Bellini (back then the most recessive) on a Siam Flame.
It was a gorgeous cat and I felt just under 10k would be, in the market as it was, a good value to ask.
But people felt to IM me I should ask 30k or even more... >.<

I have received so many IM's of people who thought I was undermining their business.
But I just couldn't ask more for my moral compass which obviously varies per person.
I felt so bad and sad about this I took all those cats down and sold a few on an auction.

Instead of selling my cats I shared the fun and I have given loads away.
A happy person is priceless I have to say that much I have learned.
I guess what I want to say is that people can get really uncomfortable being policed or dictated like this and what starts as a hobby becomes a headache.

Later I taught my husband how to breed and the poor man found the, back then, most recessive Grotto Eyes.
He managed to make that a 9T as well.
I know my husband is rather sensitive and I feared he would be stalked by people who would know better how he should price his kitties.

It is really not so much fun to find a new most recessive because IMs can become nasty and so undeserved.
I strongly believe it is none of anyones business what a seller asks for his/ her kitties.
We don't know their financial situation.
Maybe these people have just fun on a hobby level and do not see KittyCatS as a marketable product alone but just like to share with everyone with every budget.

We can't force our ethics upon other people that is highly rude in my opinion and a little scary too.
The OP writes also that the people who ask too little L$ for her taste should stop breeding.
I am sorry that is really the world upside down.
In the history of breedables people bred for fun only till one person thought hey, maybe I can sell my trait and that is how the hobby breeding could become a business as well.

I'd say if people see the need to harass hobby breeders (or a bit of both) maybe they should reconsider if breeding is for them.
It really makes me sad there are still people who want to dictate prices and are trying to find ways, via marketowners even, to force people to ask a set price!

P.s. This exact reason made me stop selling today and I became a hobby breeder only.
I find and create all sorts of gorgeous kitties which will never be available anymore.
Some I shoot a picture from for my showroom.
These sort of attempts to control the market can really ruin the fun of selling.
At least it did for my husband and me.

We are still hobby breeders just for us because we love it so much and we think a hobby may cost something in what ever world (kibble).

It's a shame you stopped breeding, but I understand it. I dare anyone to get in my IMs about what I choose to sell anything for. In the end, if I'm not in the mood to blast them, mute is a beautiful thing.
10-13-2015, 10:33 AM
AnyWAY...I'm not posting anymore. It seems to me that the people who care are afraid to say anything and those who have something to comment about are the ones who don't think its any big deal for the most part and would rather just dis me personally...I would rather this conversation never happened because sometimes it feels like talking to a stone wall. I don't think this forum is for discussing anything of any importance. Its more like a chat room so I will keep deep discussions between people who actually care to debate a subject. I belong to several forums in my RL world and I guess I should have known better than to think that in SL people would care as much about things or take them seriously. I had a good friend say yesterday that I should just let it go because "they just don't care" and I think that is very true. I am done with this topic and other than the auction part of the forum, done with this forum as well.
Keep on keeping on...
DD
10-13-2015, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 10:45 AM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
Hi all. I am going to close this topic. It doesn't seem to be a productive and constructive discussion, emotions and feelings seem to be running high, and I have received several complaints about it.

Going forward, when posting on our forums, I really encourage everyone to speak to each other with respect. Leave out judgments about people and what you think of them. If you want to comment on ideas or disagree with someone, that is fine, but please do so in as kind and respectful a way as possible. If you have an issue with someone personally, please work those things out privately,

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Tad Carlucci , Ryanna Enfield , Brunabug Nightfire , JC Aferdita
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)