Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
12-20-2011, 02:56 PM
RE: Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
Ah yes, as Kayleigh writes, it would be good if walking/running was turned off by default - Or if the range was at least the lowest possible.

For me, the prim around a box has never worked. -I am not sure why. I have tried everything, from a single hollowed prim and down to completely surrounding a box with prims on all sides, and made 100% sure that the prims overlap - and yet the kitten escapes.

Of course, this matters less if the time to unbox a kitten is cut down to 5 minutes, as it would then be much more bearable to just stand around and wait so we could "catch" it as it comes out, before it runs away. -But still... I am sure a lot of "I lost my kitten!"-tickets could be avoided if the lil' ones would stay put instead of run on adventures the moment they are born Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Oh yes it is no fun to lose a kitten named Kitten and which ID is not known so yes I'm such cat mommy who waits the full time to untick walk and run instantly:-D

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-22-2011, 12:14 AM
I would like a shorter wait time for unpacking I think 10-15 minutes would be plenty of time, 5 minutes might be just a bit to quick cause sometimes, althougth rare, I do change my mind. Which then I can stop it unpacking or before just pick the box up. I agree on the Walk/Run off as a default. I do have a "kitten pen" where I put my boxes to unpack and they have never escaped from it I think the key is doing the prims at least 1M high and .5m thick but that has just been my experience.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2011, 09:01 AM
YES YES yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss ! This would be such a great idea - especially for breeding purposes IE need a boy.

Much Lovliness - Malika <3
01-01-2012, 06:14 AM
YES .... me wants is all I can say here
30 Mins is pure Torture!!!
01-01-2012, 03:46 PM
big yes on the 5mins be so much easier i might even get a early night lol Wink
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 09:45 PM by Karen Veriander.)
I am just going steal Saga's post in its entirety. I have had that same frustrating scenario - 30 minutes only to find two cats of the same gender - another 30 minutes, another, another (Russian Key Limes, I am SO looking at you!!!)

I also agree with turning off walking/running. I live in a skybox so wandering off the edge must be quite traumatic for a newborn.

Heart Coriander Co-Op, our cute little store at Too Adorable! Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 10:59 AM by Paola Delpaso.)
I like the idea, too! Especially when unpacking repeatedly to make sure you get the right gender, waiting 30 minutes again and again becomes tedious.

BTW, if you want to monetise cat owners' impatience, you could develop something like a quick birth medicine. Maybe a double shot of strong Espresso to make the li'l kitties jump out of the box like greased lightning. Smile
01-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I totally agree with this would make things so much easier and nicer!!
01-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Yes Purrrrrrrrrrrlease!!!
Having matches between my eye-lids at the moment cause my cat gave me a shorty tailed and booboo eared kitty just before I needed to go sleep.. and hey.. ofcourse I need to birth it right then and there. Also the birthing of the boxes becomes later and later unless you use love vits to match the love percentage to the older ones...
Good idea turning off walk/run, however with the HUD I easily send the kitten home again. Just have to remember where you put the box in the first place..lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)