Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
Hey all,

I talked to Callie this morning (or last night I think it was, her time Tongue), and ended up handing her a kitten - and she wanted to unpack it quickly, which started me teasing her about the darn 30 minutes wait time every time we want to unbox a cat.

So she said "Take it to the forums" - and here I am! Big Grin

I'd like to suggest that all kittens can be un-boxed in 5 minutes, just like the starter-kittens can.
I see absolutely no reason for the 30 minutes wait time, it is just plain annoying by now.

While I still stand and stare in awe when I get excited about a new meeroo and want to take it out of it's nest (Which takes TWO minutes), I have only stared excitedly at a kitten-box ONCE for the full 30 minutes.... and that was the first time.

The 30 minutes are particularly annoying when trying to un-box a PAIR of kittens - which I often do, due to some strictly planned line-breeding.
-So, I unbox 2 kittens - it takes 30 minutes. -Darn, same gender.
-Ok, pick the 3rd-best box in the line - unbox it - we are now up to an hour.
-Darn, same gender again - I start getting desperate - and take the 4th and maybe even the 5th in line (if such exists - I often "only" have 4 of a kind when I dare try unbox them) - and wait ANOTHER 30 minutes to see the gender... We are now on 1½ hour for that single pair of kittens - and yes, it has happened, several times.

I could also suggest insta-unboxing, or 1-minute-unboxing, but I like the little box jumping and turning and think it's cute and neatly done by KittyCats - so would like to keep that... Which I imagine would look silly if it only took a minute Wink

So, 5 minutes is my suggestion - what do you all say to that?

Saga
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Karen Veriander , Chloe Platini , Vampiva Belfire , Misa Delight , Akitsuki Susanowa , Jaide Logan , Riana Eiren
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
RE: Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
Oh yes, please - at least as an option -- a lot of first timers might like the whole thing, but I agree, it's gotten very old, especially in a situation like you discuss. The starters take five minutes, why not everyone?

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I absolutly and fullheartidly agree. It's sad to hit the "unpack" button and then go offline because it makes no sense to sit around 30 minutes to only starre at a box.

And then... when I come back online again hours later... that poor little baby kitten is sitting there and crying because I wasn't around when it came crawling out of the box. This is mean and I actually fear P.E.T.A. knocking on my door one day. So PLEASE cut the unbox time down to 5 minutes so those little babies won't have to be all alone all the time!!! Thank you!
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2011 06:32 PM by Khea Karas.)
Agree 200% - pls pls pls yes!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention if you are unboxing a kitten in the store to sell....I hate having to hang around for a kitten to birth on someone elses sim where i can do nothing but twiddle my thumbs....so boring Tonguep If I leave it...the darn kitten runs away and I lose it!

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-19-2011, 11:56 PM
5 minutes would be wonderful!
12-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Exclamation RE: Cut the 30 mins down to 5, purr-lease!
Omg...yes.....I Heart the idea.
12-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Yes please, 5 min for all! HeartSmile
12-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Yes ! That would be awesome to birth the kittens in 5 mn or anything shorter than 30 mn if you want to keep it longer than for the starters.

Khea, what I do is simply rezzing a hollowed prim around the box when I unpack one, prim that I tint in blue when I want a boy and in pink when I want a girl. Wink

Nen

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Kitschy Joszpy , Riana Eiren
12-20-2011, 03:58 AM
Agree on the 5 minutes birthing. Thx!

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013 07:32 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
5-10 minutes works for me although I don't care as much.
It would be more convenient for sure though:-)
As Khea mentioned kitties that run away and maybe even jump in to land boundries and end up in lost and found is no fun.
I would like walk & run off in default on new born non starters.
I can see the benefits of a starter kitty to walk & run after birth because this is very cute especially for new people who likely have starters or specials as their first kitty.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)