Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
04-10-2012, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 05:49 AM by Khea Karas.)
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
Back breeding has it purposes. For example if you are trying to reveal a fur or eye of a cat that has been hiding.

However when I breed I almost always take 2 boxes of a pair and breed those until I get my desired kitty. Assuming both parents have completely different hidden & shown traits:
Cat A + Cat B = Kitten C with all of A + B Traits showing &/or hidden.
Then,
Kitten C (1) + Kitten C (2) = Potentially Kitten D showing everything.

If you just back bred continually all you will get is a kitten that hides only one of the parents traits.
Cat A + Kitten C = Kitten C with Cat A Traits.

Because a cat will never breed out a trait unless it has that trait or something better hidden. So even though the Kitten C has Cat B traits, Cat A does not, so therefore cannot breed it out (show) on the kitten.

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but this is a good starting point. With all the smart people on this forum, this is my simplified way (layman's terms lol) of explaining how to breed all those traits into your cats Wink Big Grin

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Khea Karas - 04-10-2012 05:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)