Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
04-07-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
(04-07-2012 11:59 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Hahaha I think it took at least 6 months for it to kick in that starters hid a non gen trait for each trait...

Hmm, yeah... that has yet to be proven, though. A project I have thought about for a while, but honestly... I have too much to do as it is.

But are we 100% that ALL traits are ALWAYS hidden in starters? -Then why was it a myth for sooo long that shade & small pupils are super-hard to breed compared to other traits? Was there a shred of truth to that myth? -Maybe it was actually because these traits are NOT necessarily present in ALL starters...?

This is PURE speculation from me. But fact remains, unless one of the KittyCats creators steps up and says "All traits are always hidden in starters", we have yet to prove that.

I am 100% sure that all starters hide fur & eyes - and I am almost 100% sure (but don't have it proven) that they hide traits behind everything called "genesis" (Fur, eyes, tail & ears)... But the rest? I simply do not know. We'd have to have a LOT of data from starters to be sure - preferably starters that mate fully traited cats.
I know it is indeed possible for a starter to hide ALL traits - my Ambrosia made a kitten that had all traits - except eyes & shade! -And since eyes and shade are those that are guaranteed in Ambrosias, voila... he just proved he hides everything.

I just think that... if ALL starters really did hide every trait, we'd have seen a fully traited kitten sooner. -Heck, even starter + starter could, with some great luck, have made one.

If anyone has the time and dedication to start collecting data for this, it could be interesting. They may hide all traits, all of them - or they may not. But it would be good to know for sure Smile

Saga
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Saga Felix - 04-07-2012 06:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)