Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
04-06-2012, 05:13 AM
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
(04-06-2012 02:34 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  How on EARTH did we ever manage before Exclamation

Pure luck and lots of "magic", anna... *chuckles* Big Grin

Personally I remember breeding my first glitter-kitten several times, cursing that the damn cat would never "pass his glitter" - and not (at the time) realising that a trait needs to be present in both parents, shown or hidden, to pass... And I am pretty damn sure that that frustration was not mine alone ;-)

My first theory, by the way, was that only mysterious eyes, small pupils and shade were recessive! -Shortly after, of course, I realised that all non-starter traits are recessive to all starter-traits Wink

Oh, and I remember the first ever auction I went to! -Couple of cats was for sale, one with Fire eyes, the other with Purple Rain. Seller suggested this was the way to make Odyssey Fire & Rain Big Grin (Which, at the time, was pretty damn rare)

Fun times, but... I am glad we're not fumbling around in darkness THAT much any more :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Saga Felix - 04-06-2012 05:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)