Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs
(10-18-2012 11:29 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 05:35 AM)Sara Franco Wrote:  .....
I know the Foxie Auburn is dominant to Burmese Platinum, but I'm not sure about the relation to Russian White. Does the > symbol mean it is between Russian White and Burmese Platinum?

-The cell that says "Foxy Auburn (>Burm.Plat)" simply means that that is ALL I know about Foxy Auburn. That's all the info I ever got, and that is why the Foxy Auburn is very, very estimated right now. It could be dominant to Red Tabby for all I know - only thing that is for sure is that Burmese Platinum is recessive to it.

(10-18-2012 05:35 AM)Sara Franco Wrote:  For Bengal Tawny it is written next to Russian Blue like this:
Bengal Tawny (<Ben.Silver)

Also here I know Bengal Tawny is dominant to Bengal Silver, but I see a < not a > .....
Would someone explain it to me please? Thank you Smile

Sorry-sorry-sorry... My mistake! I turned the sign the wrong way the other night - I must have been tired.

It's corrected now, and thanks for letting me know :-)

-Saga
About the < and > symbols:

Think of it as crocodiles - that's what I learned in school ;-)

The crocodile ALWAYS wants the bigger part, so this makes sense: 1 < 2
Normally, this means "1 is less than 2" - or indeed if you turn it around: 2 > 1: "2 is more than 1".

-For the dominance orders though, I use "more than" to say "dominant to" and "less than" to say "recessive to".

So, like this:

Red Tabby > Bengal Snow = Red Tabby IS DOMINANT TO Bengal Snow
Bengal Snow < Red Tabby = Bengal Snow IS RECESSIVE TO Red Tabby

I hope this makes sense to everyone, as I can't really think of any better way to say this with just ONE character - which is the only way it'll fit into cells in the chart when needed :-)

-Saga

Thank you very much for the explanation Smile

But does this mean that the position of the cell, next to Russian white for Foxie and next to Russian Blue for Bengal Tawny doesn't matter?

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dominance Orders for furs, eyes & traits in Google Docs - Sara Franco - 10-18-2012 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)