Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS Wiki no longer available at the moment
09-23-2015, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 06:56 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Information KittyCatS Wiki no longer available at the moment
Some of you may miss the KittyCatS Wiki as a portal.
That is why I wanted to write something about it.
Together with Tad and Ethereal who also hosted the pages and less than a handful other people we tried to create a kick off as for the Wiki goes.

As Tad I have no seen Eth online for a while and I know he obtained the domain for two years to see how things would go.

I am so sorry the site is down.
I can only guess what the motivations of Ethereal were to quit the hosting of the Wiki because I did not have the chance to talk with him.

When I spoke with Ethereal when we were working on the Wiki and asked if I could make a fatal mistake he said no as he was keeping a backup after each upload to the site.
So I think the pages still exist somewhere and may be able to be revived at some point in time.

I sure hope we can revive the Wiki because so much love and work went in it and it is also so useful for the community I think.

But as for the updates of the Wiki goes it was done on a voluntary basis so everyone could join and particpate in keeping the Wiki up to date.
So the Wiki thought was pretty much with this site just so it could become a community effort rather than something a few people did.

I sense this last part may be something Ethereal was disappointed in as there were not much people participating besides less than a handful.
He really thought, he said in one of our last communications about the Wiki, he gave the community a Wiki concept and thought that people would be creative and active on the Wiki.
So noone could look to someone else for an update but might as well do it themselves.
A few gave it a boost so there was some content to go from after which it was given back to the community.

If lack of particpation is the reason Ethereal quit the hosting, at this point, I surely understand that disappointment.
People come and go in this community but so far the KittyCatS! stay and information about them needs to be updated every so often.
Certainly in the seasons things can come and go fast Smile
Knowing Ethereal he didn't trash the content he valued it way too much to do that.

An example would be in how Wiki was dependant on the community is that I snapped and made most of the pages about the collectibles and made their graphics.
Which made sense because I was a very serious collector so I had them all till that point in time.

As years went by I quit collecting new collections so I am less informed about the new collectibles, their eventual special genes (LE traits), and I can't make a snapshot of them because I don't own them.
So these pages couldn't be updated by me anymore but there might be a collector of today who can and who could have updated the pages which were about collectible kitties.

This is an example why it is important the community had to chime in on the Wiki at some point and get the feeling the Wiki was from everyone in the community.
To use as a reference but also to make informative pages about the KittyCatS we all love and care about.

Long story short I understand Eth unplugged Wiki when the domain he had for two years expired at this rate of interest to participate.

I felt to start a thread as Wiki was part of the KittyCatS history and I wanted to give this a few thoughts.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2015, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 08:56 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
RE: KittyCatS Wiki no longer available at the moment
It is/was a really good concept. I meant to add content but I got sidetracked with my life in SL becoming fuller. I am sorry I didn't add content but probably like others, felt others were taking care of it. Probably others did the same. We do need something like that, especially for new people. So I did want to say it was a great idea and I, at least, appreciate all the work you guys put into it. I did visit a few times but it was early on.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
09-24-2015, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 01:46 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Yes Kalya, I think you are spot on!
People likely waited for others to do the work which made nothing effectively happen.
No reason to personally apologise; I guess this is how things work.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

09-28-2015, 03:37 PM
I didn't even know there was a KittyCatS Wiki ? Sad
Dang I missed out

~ Tigger BounceBounce - VeetMesser

*~* This And That Cats *~* Click Here For Taxi
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)