Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Some thoughts about The Grid-Wide AuctioN Calendar for KittyCats
09-05-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Some thoughts about The Grid-Wide AuctioN Calendar for KittyCats
Wow, Bree. You have outdone yourself, posting private communication that is no one's business but ours. Suit yourself. I have lost all respect and credibility in you at this point. But one good thing about this is that it shows how long I have waited for an answer from you. I would have never posted the notecards. And as you all can see, I was asking a simple question.

This was never a question about your work. It was a simple question about something I have been told. The no answer to this point is a reflection that what I was told is true.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LickN Wonder
09-05-2015, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 04:17 PM by Kendrah Vantelli.)
Ouch, what a sad day. Bree will truely be missed and so will her 3 year standing Auction Calender Sad

And I'm sure if my last 2 auctioneers don't join SNP they will not be placed on the auction schedule. Do I understand that correctly?

First you run of Fabio to close his sim, now you have ran off Bree from doing what she enjoys as a free service to the KittyCatS community, what's next?.... The closing of Too Adorable? What a very sad day. Can I say bullies? Sad

I'm sick of this hate !

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , FelineSKittyCatS Resident
09-05-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 04:23 PM by LickN Wonder.)
Exclamation RE: Some thoughts about The Grid-Wide AuctioN Calendar for KittyCats
Hello Bree, I just wanted to say that you are wrong for posting that and your immorality is showing. She sent the first notecard to you on 09/01 and you chose not to communicate with her until 09/04. Now everyone see's it for what it truly is. Since The ScratchN Post has been open there have been people like Kendrah, Fabao, Dei and now you trying to make us look bad and tear us down. Ya'll can spew your lies and hateful commentary in public all you wish, it only goes to show the community your true selves.

We truly want to see a Community that works together! Our Mission Statement at The ScratchN Post still rings true and we will uphold it to the best of our abilities. However, we must also defend ourselves to the public so they know the truth!

Thank you.

(09-05-2015 03:44 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  it is with sadness that I inform the kitty Cats community that I will no longer be updating the Grid Wide Auction Calendar. I would like to take a moment to get some stuff off my chest before I say thank you to those who stood by me the past 3 yrs.

This calendar was created almost 3 yrs ago with the intention to list current auctions that were happening around SL. The first year was pleasant and every one seemed to be kind and nice but in the past 2 years I have dealt with time and time again complaints form sim owners and auctioneers both stating claim on times and days for auctions, when I have been willing to add any and all auctions to the calendar. NO matter if other auctions were happening. This was my way of staying neutral. I would remind those who would contact me that I was not the sole decision maker of time slots. Recently it has been said that I and my new assistant are wrong with stating no holding of time slots. That I am now yielding the power to end auctions because they are not not happening over two weeks.. I want to remind everyone that I never have said that an auction being removed form the calendar was never allowed to return to the same time when the auctioneer finished up with their Vacation or dealing with Real LIfe issues. I will state again -The Calendar I created was meant for CURRENT TIMES..NOT to hold spots.

So there has been a new Calendar created in the heat of the debate. One that claims to be for the community. Neutral and not bias. Stating that they are pro- holding spots for Auctioneers that are NOT having Auctions. I get it and understand that Real Life gets in the way. I know that me and my assistant putting a time limit on how many missed auctions can take place and then the auction is removed from the calendar can upset people. BUT again MY CALENDAR that I put together was always meant to be a listing of current auctions. NOT a means to have auctioneers fighting over spots. With the design of the new calendar, and adding the SL-URLs I was hoping that the calendar would go back into the hands of the buyers. The original meaning of this calendar.

I wish Ruby had granted me the courtesy of speaking to my assistant before responding to her notecard, before she ran a head with the new calendar that she designed and says LickN will be managing. It was not even 24 hours before the new calendar was created and posted about on their sim blog and on Facebook streams and in the forums.

I wish I could say good luck and I wish you all the best, but I can't. I am very hurt by all the hate and complaints I have dealt with over the years. And the fact that this new forum post was even created to bash me and the work I have done on this calendar just is the last straw. And like how Wendi said..'lets all stop acting like children". I feel that over the years I have tried to act more mature and try and remind people again and again the true meaning of the calendar being to be current. Instead I have allowed myself to be manipulated by sim owners and auctioneers alike claiming certain times as exclusivity their own. I realize now that my vision for this calendar was never going to be excepted. I see that now.

Maybe I will be called out...as being wrong to do this...but I feel it necessary to post the notecards sent to me an my assistant. I am posting them to show you all reading just a sampling of what I have had to deal with other the past year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
09/01/2015

RE: About the Auction Calendar Slots

Hi Sierra,

I heard some rumors and I want to put them to sleep as unfounded, and if they are true, speak to you about them.

--- Is it true that if a person does not do the auction for two weeks in a row it would be dropped from the calendar?

Please let me know.
Thanks for your time

Ruby
The ScratchN Post Manager

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9/4 (Friday)

Hello Beloved Ruby,

Bree and I have spoken about the issue of auctioneers and sim owners using the Calendar as a means to hold spots and claim times. In the past she has put in Vacation for auctions. She has also made it very clear that any and all auctions will be added to the calendar, but over the past two years she has been attacked by sim owners and auctioneers upset that she has added other auctions to the same time slots. No matter how many times she has made it clear that the calendar is only a community listing of auctions happening, not a means to organize and manage auctioneers across SL. She has also stated she wanted this calendar to be active not a holding spot for times.

She mentioned last year that a group was started by ScratchN Post sim to try and create a means for all auctioneers to work together and negotiate set times. But that it did not pan out? I am new to KittyCats (a real life friend of Bree- she asked me to help her so I have come back to do that.)

We have spoken again about your question. She said she had received this same notecard you sent to me. At this last meeting she suggested we think of the calender as a newspaper. Newspapers post calendar of events coming up in the community. And this Calendar is just that. Events / Auctions that are currently coming up in the community. She has wanted me to add dates to the calendar and that is what I will do. I will be working on the calendar on weekends so I will be posting for the next week only.

I hope this answers your question. Again Bree has made it very clear she wants this list to be current and not a means to hold spots. Maybe that group that started up can get communications going between sims and auctioneers to discuss times and such.

TY-
Sierra Miggins

cc: BreeAnn (brunabug.nightfire)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THE LAST NOTECARD WE RECEIVED FROM RUBY WITH A CLEAR THREAT AT THE END. My real life did not allow me to respond to this before Ruby took it upon herself to create her own calendar and post in the forums and spam it in her facebook feed.

9/4

Hello Sierra and Bree

I am sending copies to both. I have received the response however, it does not clearly state that Yes, auction spots will be dropped at two weeks absense or No, they wont be. I need to know one or the other or I will assume it is a yes, you will drop them. By this letter I take it is a yes.

You mention this calendar is just a newspaper, about events, then it is not a calendar and maybe someone else should start another. No one can decide when to drop an auction because behind the avatar there is a real life person who gets sick, who has emergencies, real life or otherwise, for crying out loud, they could even be in the hospital, family death etc. And it is completely unfair that because of a calendar they need to be ultra human and not be allowed that because they might lose their slot. And certainly, calendar managers are not ones who dictate someone elses life, as you dont expect anyone else to tell you what to do or not do.

Ex. Bree told me she wasnt going to add my classes because I asked for a TBA and she told me she would not do that because TBA's take spots others can use, and I Agree with that. And fine. THAT is reasonable, but dropping times is just not right.

I understand people can be desperate for slots too and that is an easy way to knock them down. But if this is a rule, I have to rule against it and so will many others because it is unjust, people look at the calendar with respect, and if that, at least will not be given that, after all we are human beings, not second life little dolls, then it would not work for anyone. If it is a magazine, then it is. If it is a newspaper then sure, the news change daily.

But a calendar is not those mentioned above. It only takes a simple "will return on" and follow up on then to make sure they are back if they haven't contacted you. Because we do get busy and forget. I understand, but do not agree, and will take it now to LickN so he is aware, and maybe even further.

Thank you,
Ruby
The ScratchN Post
General Manager
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it is all out on the table. I am sure that this forum post will soon be deleted. I hope some of you get to read it so you can see just a sampling of what I have been dealing with.

I am sad that I it has come to me deleting my calendar. I am sad to see it go. But I don't have the energy to deal with the hate.

~BreeAnn

Kendrah, anyone will be able to have their auctions listed on the Auction Calendar. That is the way it should be.

Fabao or Bree..........they make their own choices.

Thank you.

(09-05-2015 04:17 PM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote:  Ouch, what a sad day. Bree will truely be missed and so will her 3 year standing Auction Calender Sad

And I'm sure if my last 2 auctioneers don't join SNP they will not be placed on the auction schedule. Do I understand that correctly?

First you run of Fabio to close his sim, now you have ran off Bree from doing what she enjoys as a free service to the KittyCatS community, what's next?.... The closing of Too Adorable? What a very sad day. Can I say bullies? Sad

I'm sick of this hate !

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Just posting what i've seen in the past, you can find it here, what's left of it before it was closed. http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...ight=bully

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
 Thanks given by: LyricaBlues Resident , MsMagick Resident
09-05-2015, 04:39 PM
(09-05-2015 04:17 PM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote:  First you run of Fabio to close his sim, now you have ran off Bree from doing what she enjoys as a free service to the KittyCatS community, what's next?.... The closing of Too Adorable? What a very sad day. Can I say bullies? Sad

I'm sick of this hate !

I am not sure who this was for about Fabio's sim..and I too am sick of the hate. But unlike some, if its not Fair and Unbiased, I dont do it. I am not perfect, but I try at least to never do anything unfair intentionally...heaven knows we all make enough mistakes even when we are being careful. We are human and by nature flawed. Imagine if we stopped trying and just deliberately started handing out punishments for unrelated things. I dont trash talk Anyone at my auctions, and I finish On Time...Thats all I can say, and just like the forum auctions posts that prove my point about who had these established auctions first, my professional behavior at my auctions prove my concerns to be valid and make it unnecessary for me to behave as some do and then try to distance themselves from poor choices. I have not harmed anyone, all I do is let those weekend warriors spin like windmills in a hurricane til they break Themselves...their behavior damages them more than I could on my best/worse day If i was that kind of person. Just always remember that when you start to fling "stuff" you are bound to get some on ya and if people begin to distance themselves, its just cuz they are tired of the stink.

SUN 4pm & WED 11am Poison's Paradise
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../46/238/21

THURS 6pm
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sc...220/128/26

Be The Change You Wish to See in the World (Mahatma Gandhi)
 Thanks given by: LickN Wonder , Aubreygrace Starlight
09-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Hi folks. We are going to make the request that if you have an issue with someone, that you work that issue out with the other person privately.

When posting on the forums, we ask that you speak to each other with respect, and that you leave out judgments about people and what you think of them. If you want to comment on ideas please do, and please keep it to ideas and not "about people". It's fine to disagree, but we ask that you abide by our guidelines of keeping posts respectful and about ideas and not people.

I am going to lock this thread to further replies for the time being. I appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation, and encourage everyone to work out any remaining issues privately. Thanks.

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: LyricaBlues Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Wendi Lavendel , Kayleigh McMillan , Arwen Swordthain , Serena Stroikavskoi , Ryanna Enfield , Ace243 Datura , JC Aferdita
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)