Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 05:25 PM by Kristyn23 Resident.)
RE: The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
(12-14-2011 04:23 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I understand as well there are good reasons for a breeder to keep certain breeding techniques hidden to avoid copy behaviour.
But yes, since ones one has bought a cat the pedigree obviously is visable I agree with Sissy when a box or cat is marked for sale maybe this could be the moment more pedigree information will become automatically available to the possible buyer with or without pedigree sign.
Maybe ( just an other thought a friend just shared with me) for privacy reasons it would be cool if there was an optional setting in the menu to give people access to the pedigree of a cat or not.
Just as with activate walk and run or not.

This is a really good idea. Would save some rim space to not needing the pedigree things! And being able to turn on and off would keep the breeders techniques secret until turned on. Why hide the pedigree of a cat that will be revealed after purchase.
(12-14-2011 04:51 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  I agree wholehearted with this. ALWAYS ask the breeder questions when you buy a cat and if there is no pedigree button request one. If they refuse then you know they are not being honest. Also ask around and make sure the breeder is recognized as an honest person and known. Kittycats is a close knit community so you should have no problems finding out details if you need them.

Something I would like to see changed in the pedigree however would be some added generations for our cats going back 4 or 5 generations. Also the possiblity to see direct siblings and offspring. This would be very helpful and useful when selling cats.

I agree with you 100%. For those of us who take breeding seriously, being able to see that far back in the generations can really help with the breeding.

Come visit us at Alley Cats! We running low on empty shacks!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Al...147/129/24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
RE: The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
If a person don't reply your IMs, there's a problem keeping him/her to get into SL or it's just a seller not motivated for some reason.

If you still want the cat with those specs so badly, post on the Wanted section, I'm sure people will get in touch.

As for the pedigree pop up thingy, with button or not, I still don't agree. I think there's a part of the job the community has to do as well and communication is vital. And we have to keep in mind the product is not made for breeders only, so there's a lot of things to be considered before just adding more stuff into the cats. JMO.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd love the pedigree to include more generations, and to be automatically "on" for a cat or a box that is put up for sale!

I haven't really bought cats recently, so I do not know a thing about the cheating that others report - but it saddens me to hear that it is apparantly going on Sad

However, as a dedicated breeder myself, I often find myself having difficulties to prove certain traits being present in a cat - like, I would have to include the cat's pedigree, the parents and/or grandparents' pedigree PLUS the siblings' pedigree(s) to prove what I claim.... and at this point, it becomes so confusing that people would be in their good right to doubt my claim anyway Confused

As a result, I have menageried boxes that I know could breed out 9-traited wonders with great eyes, furs and traits, simply because I refuse to sell such a cat for less than it is worth - and I have no way to prove it's worth and hence get the right price for it.
So, every time my cats breed out less than they show, the box ends up in my "black corner".... Combine any two kittens from these boxes and you could, with some luck, get a 10k-cat just like that - but since those kittens have less chance than their parents, they stay in the box as long as they're with me. -Which is a damn shame, really.

So, long story short: YES PLEASE to more generations in pedigree, and YES to pedigrees being available on cats!
 Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
(12-15-2011 10:03 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  So, long story short: YES PLEASE to more generations in pedigree, and YES to pedigrees being available on cats!

+ siblings please!!!

I also don't really like that I loose the opportunity to look further back in a cat's pedigree just because I sold (or gave away) the kitty's parents and grandparents... The whole bloodline was my breeding but that pedigree won't let me check back on great-grandparents etc...

Maybe the pedigree could memorize if a cat was owned by a breeder and will keep giving the breeder entrance to it's pedigree? I mean, I don't wanna see what other kittens that cat has given, but I would very much prefer to still be able to go back to that cat's parents and grandparents etc. The way the pedigree works now, no-one could really afford to sell or give a cat to someone else, because he/she shuts him/herself out from his/her own kitten's parental background by doing so, which also makes proofing certain traits nearly impossible at some times.

I have no idea if my wish is actually realizable, but I'm putting it down here as one of my Christmas wishes anyways. Big Grin

Vila
12-16-2011, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2011 06:36 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
nods nods and siblings :-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Just my 2c on this -- we absolutely need more information available via pedigree - I constantly find myself cursing when I'm looking at a cat and click on an offspring to see who the other parent was and it's not available because I sold the offspring. Yes, I learned early on -- every time a box is birthed, I immediately hit the info button and copy that to a notepad file, so I can find it. But for heaven's sakes, it would be nice to be able to at least see the breeding info (ancestral, not offspring) for any cat we bred, no matter who owns it. Also, the more generations back, the better, tho i do wish we had at least one more.

I would like, however, for the option to see the pedigree of a cat by other to be just that, an option. It'd be great not to have to go thru the mess of creating pedigree prims just to allow others to see the pedigree. It'd be nicer just to tick something in the text area so that when the cat is clicked, a pedigree link comes up, or info comes up as it does now, or limited info is displayed, based on the selections.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)