Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Kitty Groups - What do we have and do we need a new one?
08-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Kitty Groups - What do we have and do we need a new one?
So in another thread there was some discussion about the Kitty Addicts group and it's restrictions. I understand the restrictions of not talking about shops and lindens and markets etc. in the official HQ-generated chat group. That makes total sense to me. But some of us were wondering (mainly Mistress Magick and I) if we needed a new group with no advertising, just casual chat without the restrictions, where perhaps one might also announce things like auctions and other events in a very casual conversational way - no spam no notices. Oh, and it would have to be not affiliated with any particular market or store.

Does such a group already exist? Search is terrible and I find a different list of groups every time I pull it up and type "kitty". If such a group already exists, is it active? Do people just need to join an already existing group and start chatting?

So how would you feel about such a group?
And what groups are already out there?

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Brunabug Nightfire , Senta Garnburg , MsMagick Resident , Crepe Myrtle , Kayleigh McMillan , fabioazevedo Oh
08-26-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Kitty Groups - What do we have and do we need a new one?
I think you should try really hard to find an existing group without the restrictions first, because for each booth I rent, I have the land group for that as well as the other kitty cat groups. At the moment I dont have a suggestion but I will keep an eye out.

[Image: 2hxadq8.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Brunabug Nightfire
08-26-2015, 05:55 AM
(08-25-2015 11:35 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  And what groups are already out there?

There is a group called "Affordable Kitties" founded by my friend Inferialis. In this group chatting about everything related to KittyCats is welcomed. Chatting about prices and events is welcomed too. However our focus is on selling, buying and trading affordable kitties for everyone.

Unfortunately in this group never is any chatting or conversation going on. Maybe because it is a rather small group. I would appreciate it talking about KittyCats themes without being restricted.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Brunabug Nightfire , CarlottaAdagio Resident , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant
08-26-2015, 06:43 AM
So of 58 views there are 4 responses, Lana's which mainly boils down to people are in too many kittygroups already for another one, and Senta's which mentions Affordable Kitties, and Dreampoetz and Carlotta's Likes. I would say that the turn out shows that there is not sufficient interest for a new group.

I myself joined Afforable Kitties for a short bit, thinking it might be a way to promote pet-type kitties, but as Senta noted, there is no chat. I also joined a Kitty Swap group and there is no chat.
I think any group needs a critical mass of people before chat happens, and of course, many people don't Want chat in their groups so it has to be understood that a group welcomes chat.

But all in all, I think the response shows a new group would be a non-starter.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Lana Mathilde , Brunabug Nightfire , Devilness Chant
08-26-2015, 02:23 PM
A chat group with no selling but no restrictions on discussions about auctions and prices would be good. I see so many people looking for unbiased advice on pricing that a group where they can actually ask would be good,
so I say yes to a conversational group with no advertising or spamming but no topic restrictions.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Brunabug Nightfire , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant , fabioazevedo Oh
08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm brand new to breeding, and have a million questions.
Questions about breeding techniques, about prices, not necessarily what to charge, but what I should be prepared to pay.
Questions about almost everything that shouldn't be said in the Addicts group.

So yes: I'd like a new group with room for kitty talk.
If "spam" is allowed at all, it should be restricted to notices imo.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Brunabug Nightfire , Kayleigh McMillan , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Senta Garnburg , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant , Eleanor8 Resident
08-26-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2015 04:05 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
I do thinka new group with more chat for actual kitty related stuff would be good. Not that we cant chat in addicts but one where we can actually help people and other's can chime in. Too many times have I been in semi trouble from csrs for trying to help in main chat. Sorry but i dont keep my mouth shut when someone is asking and getting 0 replies. Sometimes addicts chat isn't very welcoming. A new group where we can tak prices and events would be great. I feel liek addicts chat just doens't like the secondary market chat and wants to keep that separate, it's understandable but also isnt very welcoming when we're a community.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Kayleigh McMillan , Senta Garnburg , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Devilness Chant , Eleanor8 Resident
08-26-2015, 04:29 PM
(08-26-2015 05:55 AM)Senta Garnburg Wrote:  
(08-25-2015 11:35 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  And what groups are already out there?

There is a group called "Affordable Kitties" founded by my friend Inferialis. In this group chatting about everything related to KittyCats is welcomed. Chatting about prices and events is welcomed too. However our focus is on selling, buying and trading affordable kitties for everyone.

Unfortunately in this group never is any chatting or conversation going on. Maybe because it is a rather small group. I would appreciate it talking about KittyCats themes without being restricted.

I was going to mention tihs because i"m in it too and there are no such limitations, except the theme of that group is affordable kitties, we will end up back where we started, looking for a new group to talk about everything else.

[Image: 2hxadq8.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , CarlottaAdagio Resident , Senta Garnburg , Devilness Chant
08-26-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 04:13 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(08-26-2015 02:54 PM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  I'm brand new to breeding, and have a million questions.
Questions about breeding techniques, about prices, not necessarily what to charge, but what I should be prepared to pay.
Questions about almost everything that shouldn't be said in the Addicts group.

So yes: I'd like a new group with room for kitty talk.
If "spam" is allowed at all, it should be restricted to notices imo.

Actually I think Rosca mentioned a very good reason here why such group is very welcome.
We don't want to keep newcomers in the dark I think.

Welcome to KittyCatS, Reven!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Devilness Chant
08-27-2015, 12:02 AM

Never had somebody shut me down from helping in kittycats chat.

What exactly were you suggesting in there :O

The only thing they seem to frown upon is pricing type stuff,
they dont let you mention auctions either?

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , JC Aferdita , Olgita Ruby

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)