Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Gridwide Auction Calendar - Continue or Discontinue?
09-06-2015, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 07:56 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: Gridwide Auction Calendar - Continue or Discontinue?
(09-05-2015 06:33 PM)Priestess Firanelli Wrote:  Thank you so much Bree for everything you have done for the community during these years with the list. No one should have to put up with what you have been putting up with for years from several people. I really dont know many people that would have been able to pull this trough with the same grace as you have. Always nice and tried to take everyones best interest into consideration. I agree with you about closing this list because being stuck in the middle like you have, cant have been easy. I dont think we as a community are worthy of your effort right now anyway. I think that the idea to think of the list like a weekly event calender sounded spot on to me. Quite genius actually because I havnt seen anyone presenting any other idea that would stop strong minded people to keep on "shooting the messenger" and fight each other. I dont see that any of the ones that has been agaist this REALLY has taken Brees situation into consideration.

This is my personal opinion but imagine having a newspaper and that newspaper has a calender with "this weeks event" (we have that in my local paper) and imagine someone calls in and becomes upset that their event/auction is not showing for THIS week when they for some reason can't have anotherone before a month later. What do you think the newspaper would have answer? They would prob. say that " we will def. add yours when you HAVE an event. Or like that event list that i see when i logg into SL. Who cares if there are 3 events at the same time. I am an adult and its up to me witch one i prefer to visit. If ex 2 friends agrees to not doing the same time slots thats great but up to them and not something anyone can demand in a free market. We really need to put things in perspective here if we want good people to continue doing community work in the future.

My wish of outcome here is that EVERYONE of us take a step back and think " what can I do better in the future?" to prevent any further anger and polarisation in the community. We are all here because we are charing a great hobby or business but we are all invividuals that has very different opinions how thinks should be done. Everything from how to breed and sell to how a calender should be runned. Please lets accept these differences. See it as an access and lets move forwardSmile

I wholeheartedly agree and I would like to say how disappointed I was and I'm sure Callie, Equinox and Kitten were too, at the way a simple discussion about a calander for the community degenerated into a personal grudge and slanging match yesterday to the point that thread had to be closed. Is this really what we want the latest batch of newcomers to our community to see as they look in the forums for help in taking their first steps into discovering the wonder we all know and love...the breeding of KittyCats? That this could occur days after the release of the Firestorm kitty which brings with it a new influx of breeders every year dismays and disappoints me. How many saw that and left without ever opening their cats?
Its about time we all sat up and took notice of the damge we are doing to KittyCats with this behaviour, its just not how we should be representing ourselves to the world. I had hoped our community was better than that.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , Ryanna Enfield , Priestess Firanelli , Icestron Resident , CarlottaAdagio Resident , fabioazevedo Oh
09-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Bree you know we need you!
You are the only objective one with the experience to do this right Heart
I understand you very well though!
What a hot mess yesterday Undecided

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
09-06-2015, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 09:51 AM by LickN Wonder.)
Exclamation RE: Gridwide Auction Calendar - Continue or Discontinue?
And yet, there you all sit......up high on your thrones continuing the instigation. I asked Kitten to close that other thread yesterday because it went way off topic. We asked a question that we never received an answer to so we brought it to the forum. You choose to only see one side of the story that took place, and then you cast your judgments. Practice what you preach and stop the continuation of the hate.

Thank you.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2015, 10:39 AM
(09-06-2015 09:50 AM)LickN Wonder Wrote:  And yet, there you all sit......up high on your thrones continuing the instigation. I asked Kitten to close that other thread yesterday because it went way off topic. We asked a question that we never received an answer to so we brought it to the forum. You choose to only see one side of the story that took place, and then you cast your judgments. Practice what you preach and stop the continuation of the hate.

Thank you.

I'm not sitting on any throne my post was written to be all inclusive hence use of the word we. And I am glad you had the thread closed, who had it done was never my point, that it needed to be closed was. It doesn't really matter who said what, that it happened at all was what I found disappointing.
Like I said it was a simple discussion about a calander and a valid one, that as you put it went way off topic.
I'm not seeing any sides to any story merely that what occured in that thread should not have. We all need to take stock to prevent damage to our community, there is no one person to blame, we all need to shoulder some of the responsibility and takes steps to prevent it happening again.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: LickN Wonder , Wendi Lavendel , Ryanna Enfield , Aubreygrace Starlight , Icestron Resident , fabioazevedo Oh
09-06-2015, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 10:47 AM by Kitten Longmeadow.)
To reiterate my comments earlier.

(09-05-2015 06:26 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  Hi folks. I am going to re-post my comments from the other calendar thread here.

We are going to make the request that if you have an issue with someone, that you work that issue out with the other person privately.

When posting on the forums, we ask that you speak to each other with respect, and that you leave out judgments about people and what you think of them. If you want to comment on ideas please do, and please keep it to ideas and not "about people". It's fine to disagree, but we ask that you abide by our guidelines of keeping posts respectful and about ideas and not people.

I am not going to lock this thread at the present time, however I do strongly encourage everyone to work out any remaining issues privately. I appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation. Thanks.

ETA: I did not close the other thread because I was asked. I closed it because the discussion there had become counter-productive and unpleasant and it needed to end. I am also closing this thread now that it has become counter-productive and unpleasant as well.

I STRONGLY suggest that if there is any further discussion to be had about this issue, that it be handled privately. Thanks.

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Mirsoul Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Brunabug Nightfire , JC Aferdita , Aubreygrace Starlight , Icestron Resident , Ace243 Datura , Tad Carlucci , Arwen Swordthain , Shamu077 Resident , fabioazevedo Oh
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)