Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Question for kittycats developers
07-26-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Question for kittycats developers
We asked for it if you look at this thread! [Image: smiley-computer001.gif] http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=22233
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2015, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 09:45 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
I agree with what Ivy and Winter said.

My one question would be: why aren't they transferable like the tigers and giraffes?

FYI - I bought both my tigers because in the end that made more sense, both in regard to price and to getting the eyes and genders that I wanted.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2015, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 04:49 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(07-25-2015 08:27 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  
The menagerie pet is an incentive to clear the servers of dormant unwanted cats.

The only way to get a menagerie cat is to send off a pile O cats to the great beyond.

Uber cat farmers do that, menagering the mass quantities of 'almost theres'
and then sell off the resulting tiger or whatever to the secondary market.

That's where you will get your menagerie pet. Secondary market, cus they
don't sell em off the shelf at the Main store.

Nor should they want to. The menagerie is a tool which they use to
improve the efficiency of the system.

Save up your pennies pole dancing at the Magic Mikes or something.
Then go buy yourself a La Girafe with the proceeds.
Its easier!

LOL Winter, almost spit out my wine with your wise Smile comments!

Dominick, You are welcome to join the Confetti Breeders Club (CBC) without doing any of the work, and expense, and frustration(^squared) of the large breeders! Just pony up for a pair of confetti kittens in the secondary market - the first should show up in a week or so. And pay the price, a bargain compared to the breeders' cost for them. I hope the first kittens try to simply recover thier minimum cost, which would be 200 kittens at $100L/kitten in milk and kibble. That would set the price at only $20,000 L/kitten.

And you think Kittycats should sabotage the entire effort by selling them to anyone for $790 L? ROFL, lets hope they keep pointed in the right direction attempting to reduce the excess supply of mediocre cats in thousands of shops.

Every new release of SE and LE kittens sold to the public by KC, is direct competition to every KC breeder. It's about time KC let the breeders attempt to get a reward for the millions of Lindens they have paid to KittyCats for kibble, milk, and vitamins! And remember, KC rebates every menagerie cat at just 20 lindens usable only to buy more KC items, a dealer's pawn shop price for your unsaleable cats.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Ryanna Enfield , Emilia Darkwatch , Dimpz Morane , Devilness Chant
07-26-2015, 07:26 AM
Dominick, thank you very much for starting this thread. It is very courageously by you to say this in the "holy, great and exceedingly friendly " KC community.

I think that many people have the same opinion however but have fear to say it in public.

I agree with you in every point.

Because I am not an english native I cannot discuss this topic by your side like I would normally do. I am truly sorry for this. But I would like you to know that I feel and think the same.
 Thanks given by: CarlottaAdagio Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , Cliohdna Resident , Keltora Edenbaum
07-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Time for a little math.

It takes 300 boxes to obtain a Menagerie cat. (Sometimes a bit less, but that's the number Charm sent in yesterday to get one so I'm using it).

That means it takes 600 live cats being fed for a week to produce the box.

Which works out to 4200 cat-days.

A bowl of food feeds one cat for 30 days.

So, that 4200 cat-days is 140 bowls of food.

The best price is a 20-pack, which means you'll need 7 packs.

The price of a 20-pack is K$7450, so the total food cost is K$52,150.

But the price to purchase the cat was only K$15,000.

So a 'mass breeder', who has the boxes on hand, is programmed to lose AT LEAST K$37,150 to obtain the cat.

I say 'at least' because I'm ignoring the cost of obtaining those 600 cats in the first place. And we're ignoring the time (a non-monetary cost).

But let's make it 'fair' an allow anyone to purchase a menagerie cat ...

I submit a 'fair' rule would include the following rules ...

1) Limit one menagerie cat purchase per week,

2) The price, in bonus K$ (which is a dumb name, it means you paid L$ for those K$) be raised to at least K$52,150

That way, those of you who don't want to produce the 300 boxes yourselves, can simply spend K$ purchased with L$.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Emilia Darkwatch , Ivy Norsk , Shamu077 Resident , Kendrah Vantelli , RoseTralee Resident , Priestess Firanelli
07-26-2015, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 08:54 AM by CarlottaAdagio Resident.)
(07-25-2015 11:28 AM)DominickValerian Resident Wrote:  a recent conversation on addicts chat:

[10:17] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): Kitty why did kittycats only sell the confetti by using menagerie points,. that doesnt seem to fair to people who just want to buy the cat, at 5000 points, that kinda restricts the purchase to breeders
[10:17] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): because the fur MIGHT be passed to OS that WILL BE transferable
[10:17] Kat Malone (katrin.miklos): except the .. fur is passable so you will beable to buy it on secondary markets
[10:18] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): yes but you have to wait until it is available on secondary markets so some people can make a profit while others cant
[10:18] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): again...not fair
[10:19] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): any cat kittycats produces should be available easily to all
[10:19] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): that's a decision the dev team made, i think it's mainly to give a boost to the secondary market, for the rest, you'd have to ask them Smile
[10:19] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): how do i ask them
[10:19] Kitty Curious (curiouskitty): you can post a thread on the forums, for example

So I ask you developers, why provide a cat that only certain people can buy. If is is as Kitty curious says to boost use of the Secondary market, you know make it more accessible to only certain people to make a profit off the Confetti cat. And if its not to boost the SM, you still are only allowing certain people to buy the cat while others cant. That's not fair in my opinion. Any cat produced by Kittycats should be made available to anyone by menagerie or Linden purchase. To restrict its purchase limits the potential for "anyone" to breed and make a profit. I await an answer.

Thank you Dominick for your thread!

I share your opinion on this subject.
Once again I see the parallel to real life markets where it is wanted to have only some people to rule and dictate the markets. The massive number of small sellers and customers are tried to be muzzled by the powerful people.

If they have no arguments then it’s well enough for them to try it on a low level like Winter Phoenix saying: “Save up your pennies pole dancing at the Magic Mikes or something. Then go buy yourself a La Girafe with the proceeds“.
Shamu077 even has to spit out his wine with his wise (lol) comments. In the absence of an own wise comment, I suppose.
So you see who you have to deal with here...

I don’t even blame KC for their selling politics. They are a company. First goal is to make money. However I do blame their public representation of their decisions. Why can’t they just admit to the fact that their focus is on the hardcore breeders and absolutely not on the kind of people who breed for themselves and who run small shops and sell at low prices in their shops for anyone to afford? Or people who see their kitties as real cats with a personality, people who would love to perma-pet mostly all of their cats because the cats belong to their second life like real cats to a real life. People who don't think of making money but just love KittyCats.

It is ALWAYS ABOUT the hardcore breeders. So they should admit it! It’s ok to do it. But not come up with advices like so many breeders in this forum here (that is what KC said as well):
Don’t you trouble yourself, you small insignificant buyer/breeder. The ever so nice mass breeders will menagerie their tons of “kitty material” and then buy Menagerie Cats and then sell them to you. Isn’t this nice of them? The prices are ridiculously high but don’t you say a word! You are to honor “their time and expense and frustration” like Shamu077 points out. As if a small breeder does not have to spend money and time and so very often is frustrated with the 20th Salt & Pepper Mask Foxie or Bellini eyes ...

How can you make any demands when there are these wonderful and unselfish mass breeders who are just breeding for YOU and your delights? I cannot tell you how sick and tired I am of this mantra of the “nice and altruistic breeders“. Selling La Giraffe cats for about 25,000 Linden - oh, how unselfish! Secondary market managers who tell you not to sell your kitties under 100 Linden because “this is so unfair to the (mass)breeders who spent so much lindens on their kitties“.

For gods sake, it is their own decision to be a mass breeder! And it is my own decision to breed just for my own and we ALL have to spend lots and lots of Lindens to pay for this hobby. And everybody can pay as much as their real life finances allow.

And unfortunately, yes it is KC’s decision to make really cute and wonderful kitties only for the mass breeders to afford.
If you think money and markets - it is what it is.
If you think of fairness and kindness in this always so highly praised KC community - you are right, it is not!
 Thanks given by: Senta Garnburg , Emilia Darkwatch , Minx Diabolito
07-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Well, KC is a business and it would be idiotic to not concentrate on your primary money makers, which equal the larger breeders. And I do see how offering these very exciting cats can help with cleaning up a lot of boxes out there. As for me, I'll wait till the prices come down "if" I choose to pursue breeding these. I'm too enamored still with a lot of the older traits, so, while I think the new cats are brilliant and adorable and oh so scruptious, no way I'm gonna pony up 20K for one. I'll wait till they come down - way down - and they will! Nothing in life is fair. Small breeders do not deserve equal treatment, as in business it is customary to focus on your larger customer base and the ones who spend the $$$$.

I'm not arguing the opinion - just stating it. I've been around too long to get all red in the face and jump up and down trying to convince anyone. It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. That's all!
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Emilia Darkwatch
07-26-2015, 01:30 PM
I don't want to sound insensitive to the people who have brought up their concerns regarding the new Confetti Kitties. I hope what I say, does not come off that way.

There are lots of things in real life I would just love to have, but simply can't afford, so I've survived without them. This also applies to Second Life. I cannot afford a menagerie cat right now either.

This menagerie mechanism is there to remove the glut of cats on the grid, and it is working at the moment. I am a very small time hobby breeder with very few cats for sale. The summer is usually pretty rough for sales, but I've had more difficulty actually keeping my kitty box sales stocked due to this new menagerie offer.

I know patience is difficult when you want something now, but I also know that eventually things will settle down a bit. The prices to purchase a Confetti Cat offspring on the secondary market will come down in price. This happened with the Tiger Menagerie Kitties, and even the Fancie Cat Gems too. So there is that to look forward to.

Overall, I was hoping and waiting patiently for a new menagerie offering to help boost the secondary market, and I'm very happy with KC's business decision.

Heart Pale Flower's KittyCats Caravan Heart
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Emilia Darkwatch , Ivy Norsk , Dimpz Morane , HikariItsumo Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Bumblebliss Resident , Petronilla Whitfield , Devilness Chant , Kendrah Vantelli , Minx Diabolito , Priestess Firanelli , AmoreJade Cyberstar
07-26-2015, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 02:02 PM by JC Aferdita.)
(07-26-2015 02:37 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  I agree with what Ivy and Winter said.

My one question would be: why aren't they transferable like the tigers and giraffes?

FYI - I bought both my tigers because in the end that made more sense, both in regard to price and to getting the eyes and genders that I wanted.

The reason they aren't transferrable is because they are regarded as starter-cats. Purchasing a starterpackage at the mainstore, the cats aren't transferrable there either. This is why the first gen confettis aren't transferrable.
KC releases so many LEs during the year, some of them are even completely free, ie the advent kittys. This is only the second time in the last 4 years that they have released something people have to work toward.
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , HikariItsumo Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Minx Diabolito
07-26-2015, 02:26 PM
It's great to have new cats that are different to the tigers in that they are able to potentially pass some traits. I also feel the cost of 5000 L per confetti is very reasonable and was pleasantly surprised to see that. The only thing I feel really could be looked at and increased is the value of a cat when sent to menagerie - 50 is really very low when one considers not all cats being sent there are just relatively worthless genesis cats, give you a lot more when sold as opposed to menagerie, and I do not feel it gives enough incentive to send them for just 50 to be gained per kitty. Also, as mentioned by a number of people, it is healthy for the market to remove these cats from circulation

Overall though, I think it is something exciting and like everything, you pay to get some stuff or just have to settle for waiting until such a time it is affordable to you. Whether that means saving up, or waiting for the price to fall, is a completely personal choice. When new traits come out and are high in price due to rareity, this is normal and I do view it the same way with the confetti cats and see nothing unreasonable there. By making sure people cannot just go out and buy them and that, like all new furs at first, they will be rare and fetch a good price, is great for those who wish to do this and breed them. It gives incentive to do it as well as the cuteness factor and just enjoying it. I don't find it unfair that anybody, "breeder" or not, has to get cats and menagerie them - the boxes you need are the same number, the process is the same, whomever did the menagerie bit of all the boxes... and those cats did not come for free to you just because you happen to breed a lot of cats. Realistically, it is more to feed them than someone pays to buy relatively cheap boxes off you. One is not "lucky" or anything of the sort to have loads of boxes at your disposal... you paid to have those which again is a choice. It would be comparatively cheaper for me to find someone selling cheap boxes and do it that way than use my own, especially as the value of 50 per cat is really not so great

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , HikariItsumo Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Shamu077 Resident , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant , Minx Diabolito , Oselkhandro Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)