Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Question for kittycats developers
08-02-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 10:44 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Question for kittycats developers
No menagerie cat can make me send away precious boxes I've bred for over the years.
The Confetti cat is cute but it'll change nothing in my menagerie behaviour this is just an other hype.
I bring only boxes there which are the result of a breeding project which in no way comes near to what I want from it and can not work with or (and I know some will find this nasty) if a breeder is aged out and I decide to not keep it as a sweet memory.
By how I currently breed and that is very little it'll take a while before I have my first Confetti starters.
I know also a few months from now I will be happy I did not go all over them and menageried everything and all.
You will be surprised how fast things devaluate in the breeding business certainly so because there does not excist something like a pure confetti cat so everyone no matter what generation Confetti cat we own can always get a "normal" fur from them.
We can soon enough buy ourselves Confetti OS-ers for a bargain without having to do or sacrifice anything for it Smile
I'd not worry too much over them at this moment in time although I know the feeling of wanting something now :-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Keltora Edenbaum , Jelly Supply , Devilness Chant , Jackson Verlack , Aubreygrace Starlight , Bumblebliss Resident
08-02-2015, 11:48 AM
I want to take a moment and re-iterate a few thoughts:

1) Each box produced by a PAIR of Confetti cats MAY be another Confetti cat. Just because the pair produced a normal fur box does not mean they never will produce a Confetti offspring .. simply try again.

2) For ALL non-Confetti cats, regardless of their ancestry, or their partner, all descendants will NEVER by a Confetti cat.

3) By definition, the 'Confetti-ness' of all Confetti cats is 'pure' .. that is, all ancestors of a Confetti cat are, themselves, Confetti cats.

4) That said, it will be possible to PROVE a Confetti cat is a 'pure' version of its Confetti fur .. that is, a Green Confetti (shown) CAN be proven to also hide Green Confetti.

5) But, by rule (1), above, NO Confetti cat is 'pure' in the sense that all offspring will be Confetti. There will always be the chance that a Confetti pair will produce a non-Confetti box.

6) It IS possible to PROVE both non-Confetti (normal) furs contained in any Confetti cat. This requires careful breeding and examination of the descendants.

7) Without evidence (that is, examination of non-Confetti descendants) the two non-Confetti furs carried in a given Confetti cat are UNKNOWABLE.

8) It is NOT possible to cross a given non-Confetti fur into a line of Confetti cats. Any attempt to do so involves breeding with a non-Confetti cat which, by rule (2), above, will NEVER be a Confetti cat.

9) That said, it IS possible (rule 6) to prove a given Confetti cat carries a given non-Confetti fur, therefor, it IS possible to produce a line of Confetti cats which CAN be proven to carry a given PURE non-Confetti fur. But, since one cannot cross in a fur (rule 2), one must begin with either a Confetti starter (a crap-shoot .. remember, rule 7) or proven Confetti (a long process .. rule 6).

10) So, choosing two at random, it IS possible to produce a 'pure Green Confetti which carries pure Ocicat Blue' .. I expect, however, that successfully producing such a result will take a VERY long time.

11) Similar to 10, it should be possible to produce a true 10-Trait Confetti cat.

12) By rule 7, unless one can PROVE (rule 6) the non-Confetti furs, a claim of 10 traits on a Confetti cat is UNPROVABLE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Ryanna Enfield , Keltora Edenbaum , Devilness Chant , Aubreygrace Starlight
08-04-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Thank you for your responses
(08-01-2015 08:25 AM)DominickValerian Resident Wrote:  I talked with Callie Cline and she made many good points about the Menagerie cats. I agreed with many of her points and had a excellent conversation. But...not all things can end well. Recently I had an error with one of my cats. I am not a creator or builder so i had to get help going into the cats edit commands to get the ID number. Kitty Curious and Charles Edward Erskine where great help. I did receive a colorful IM from someone who I wont name. Here is an edited copy of the conversation.

[06:56] XXXXXX (XXXXXXXX): you really are n idiot and I notice as well you abandonned your forum post now people told you what an idiot you are there too
[06:56] XXXXXX (XXXXXXX): stop whinging and grow up
[06:56] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): um I guess the proper response would be "XXXXX"
[06:56] XXXXXX (XXXXXXXX): for a classless guy sure
[06:57] XXXXX (XXXXXXXX): it would
[06:57] Dominick Valerian (dominickvalerian): by the way
[06:57] XXXXXX (XXXXXXXX): and as I said, you don;t dare to putany more comments on yoru post as you made such a XXXX of yourself lol

I am someone who looks at the glass as neither half empty or half full. I see something I do not agree with and I speak up. If I am proven wrong I admit it, and I learn. Learning is the key to the cats on SL. I didn't abandon my forum post, I am going to be a new Grandfather and had more important issues in my life. Ms Cline pointed out many of the reasons why the cats in question where sold as menagerie cats. And I agreed. Thank you again for your responses.

Congrats on becoming a new Grandfather ! What fun for you! HeartTongue
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
08-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Congrats on your up coming grand child Dominick!

And hang in there. There's a lot of wonderful ppl in the community.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Jelly Supply , Keltora Edenbaum , Vocala Resident
08-06-2015, 08:22 PM
I come and go from SL as time allows. I am getting ready in a few weeks to pack up my boxes and spend money in other places. I foresee when I get back in a few months that everyone will be able to afford and have these special cats. I can't wait to see!
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Kayleigh McMillan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)