Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
07-24-2015, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2015 08:44 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
Shocked RE: Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
I've never heard of being banned for the viewer one uses. In all my years I've only been banned once, and it was some kind of misunderstanding I never understood. And I do use and prefer Singularity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
I've never heard it either. I can understand for Darkstorm viewers and the like, but I've always had Singularity and I prefer it myself also.
07-26-2015, 11:24 AM
I have been in game over 10 years and never been banned anywhere which is really surprising because I can be pretty bitchy sometimes. lol I have a thingy (that is the technical term, really!) that tells me every time someone tries to enter my land. If they have one of those, they could easily know that she tried multiple times with dates and times, etc. I'm sorry this happened to you. <3

~~Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. ~~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bumblebliss Resident
07-26-2015, 06:42 PM
I got banned, once. The only way it happens automatically is with 'the thingy' .. the simulator, itself, doesn't have the feature.

The time I got banned, I was trying to TP to Charm's house and clicked the wrong corner of the sim. The 'thingy' didn't eject me; instead it tried to push me up in the air, into the same corner ... fall down ... push ... fall .. push .. fall .. three time and you're banned!

I complained to the region manager and the fool had to un-ban me and remove his buggy 'thingy'.

Oh, and if you're searching on the Marketplace for a 'thingy' try looking for a 'security orb' ...
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
07-30-2015, 06:53 PM
(07-18-2015 04:24 PM)Lana Mathilde Wrote:  Bumblebliss

I don't think by trying to get into a SIM you are banned. I don't know of any way the landowner can tell the number of attempts except by viewing a visitor list, but attempts are not logged.

One way you can be autobanned is if you are using a certain viewer like Singularity. There are some security tools out there that can tell what viewer you use and will ban all that use those viewers. They say it is for the sake of security, but then it leaves innocent newbies out in the dust.

I'm sorry your requests are not being answered. Did you try a notecard? business owners usually use them because their IMs are capped. I suggest to you getting a new account (you didn't hear it from me) and then use the standard SL viewer or Firestorm and don't keep attempting to get into the sim, and when it is at the appropriate age, try to get in.

Lana, visitor trackers are the way sim owners can tell who is coming and going. The minute you land on a sim it will log you. And again when you exit the sim. I had a friend sharing a store with me once who put one up. He watched the entire sim not just our portion of it. I hated it! It felt sooo stalkerish.
07-31-2015, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 08:29 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
When I first read this, I wondered why anyone would be banned, but I just got banned from a SIM for what I believe is the first time, and in THIS case I'm glad. I think everyone knows that I can be rather opinionated, and I stood up for something I think is blatantly wrong.

NOTE: It's NOT a SIM related to KittyCatS in any way, shape or form.

It's a new kink SIM that is trying to get people to pay L$200 each (which is supposed to be a reduced rate for joining now) to join their group for free gifts and for details of a hunt. But if you go to their actual event/club area, and read the rules notecard, non-human avis are not permitted. They specifically exclude nekos and furries... but then specifically allow elves.

When I pointed out to the manager that there is very little difference and that this is racist/species-ist, she told me off.

Oh, and guess what, she's an elf.

I was actually rather sad at first, because it's a beautiful SIM. But I'm neko more and more these days, and there are a lot of people that I care about who are furry. I don't usually think twice about going somewhere with my ears, tail and spots on, including when I model at latex events, and have never had and issue with it. My girl is often in actual animal avis because it makes her feel safer when I'm not around, so I'm very aware that humanoid avis are often needed for animations and that bigger avis can also be a space issue.

But to exclude non-human humanoid avis except your own race??

Anyway, they were soliciting people to join the group in other groups, and I pointed out this issue in group chat... only after talking to the manager and being told off. So I'm not surprised I was banned.

The reason I found out about the SIM in the first place is that I often shop at one of the designers who had just set up a new location there. She didn't know this until I pointed it out in her group. (Ironically the friend/employee who was helping her spread the word about new shop IS furry, which I had not realized.) She is very supportive of diversity and has since removed her stop from the SIM.

I do think that every SIM has a right to specify things like dress code, but the way this one is worded is blatantly species-ist,
AND they seem to be more focused on getting people to pay them L$ than being honest about who they are.
AND I get very protective when people are trying to take advantage of people I care about.

So yeah, I'll take that notch as a badge of honor!

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident
07-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Wow, now I think I understand why one of my favorite stores suddenly closed their newest shop! Good for you, Ms Magick! SL is a place for imagination, creativity and diversity!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
08-01-2015, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 12:20 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
(07-31-2015 08:18 PM)Oselkhandro Resident Wrote:  Wow, now I think I understand why one of my favorite stores suddenly closed their newest shop! Good for you, Ms Magick! SL is a place for imagination, creativity and diversity!

Thanks... and I applaud that designer. I love her work, always check out her specials, and am going to work extra hard to support and recommend her in the future. I love her flowers for my hair and for gifts, and also just wore one of the flower-decorated saris to an event last weekend.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)