Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
07-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
When I was first born into the SL sphere, I wanted wanted wanted SO badly to get into a certain sim that I kept trying to TP there every day. I didn't realize that what would happen would be that I was perma-banned from said SIM when I did reach the "age" when I'd be allowed in.

I do absolutely understand now why it is that SIMs will not allow newborn avatars, innocent as they may be, to enter - as not all are so shiny, innocent and fresh faced and filled with optimism about starting their breeding programs, checking out what new breedables are out there and strolling among the carts in the marketplaces. But, alas, this was my hope with this SIM.

Lesigh....

When I was old enough and tried, full of hope and expectations - AGAIN, I was still banned! A friend told me he thinks it is because I tried so often to gain entry as a newborn avie and that I was put on a permanent ban list. Certainly I do not grieve anyone or any property, nor have I ever.

So I remain banned. I tried reaching out twice, once via notecard and once via IM - maybe twice, but unsure now, and I never even received an email in acknowledgement from the person - though I know they were on without a doubt.

So what to do? I just took my business elsewhere. I was angered and still am just a bit that I wasn't even listened to. Not sure I'd go to that SIM now anyway. It doesn't matter the name of the SIM, just that this is a warning to those new - if you try and try and try to get into a sim before you reach the age of acceptance, then you will succumb to the same fate as me. I am by no means a big loss to this SIM. I buy a lot of cats, but not enough probably to be sorely missed by them. I've found other places to shop and spend my time. But, if there were, oh, I don't know, five, ten, fifteen of me, I'm sure that our combined loss to the merchants who rent in that SIM would be felt. Who knows how many of us there are out there, but, for now, I am just one.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. I'm over it mostly, but still butthurt.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Its My Birthday! RE: Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
Congratulations! You have an important notch on your SL experience gun or lipstick case… wherever it is that you keep your notches and trophies! That's not sarcastic; I mean it.

I have been in SL since 2006. At one point in time I was the Content Moderator for Fashion Consolidated and used to tp around to different sims/stores to see if they had stolen goods or were simply re-sellers and not original designers (this is NOT a knock against resellers in general - it simply had to do with FashCon policy and our way of keeping advertising volume in the group down). And when I found that I had been banned from a sim I would say "HA! They've noticed I'm watching." And it was a good day. Cool
Many other SL oldbies and middlebies count their banned notches in much the same way.

I understand that you feel hurt from being banned. But, as I think you've figured out, it's not really a big deal. There are many many other sims to go to. It's part of SL.
As the singer said, "Don't worry. Be happy."

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan , Bumblebliss Resident
07-16-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 10:22 AM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
RE: Thoughts about being banned for a SL glitch
hugs you! I know i have been banned before usually for little to no reason at all, just personal grudges. I think i know which sim you're talking about because that happened to my friend as well. I would try and reach out one more time maybe but after that let it go, nothing you can do and there are so many great markets out there who cater to everyone-new or old. Just keep your chin up and keep breeding, its your sl don't let anyone bring you down. Yes it sucks to be banned for nothing because this is such a great community to be in and it's sad people would do this hugs you!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Ivy Norsk , Bumblebliss Resident
07-16-2015, 10:20 AM
(07-16-2015 09:52 AM)Bumblebliss Resident Wrote:  When I was first born into the SL sphere, I wanted wanted wanted SO badly to get into a certain sim that I kept trying to TP there every day. I didn't realize that what would happen would be that I was perma-banned from said SIM when I did reach the "age" when I'd be allowed in.

I do absolutely understand now why it is that SIMs will not allow newborn avatars, innocent as they may be, to enter - as not all are so shiny, innocent and fresh faced and filled with optimism about starting their breeding programs, checking out what new breedables are out there and strolling among the carts in the marketplaces. But, alas, this was my hope with this SIM.

Lesigh....

When I was old enough and tried, full of hope and expectations - AGAIN, I was still banned! A friend told me he thinks it is because I tried so often to gain entry as a newborn avie and that I was put on a permanent ban list. Certainly I do not grieve anyone or any property, nor have I ever.

So I remain banned. I tried reaching out twice, once via notecard and once via IM - maybe twice, but unsure now, and I never even received an email in acknowledgement from the person - though I know they were on without a doubt.

So what to do? I just took my business elsewhere. I was angered and still am just a bit that I wasn't even listened to. Not sure I'd go to that SIM now anyway. It doesn't matter the name of the SIM, just that this is a warning to those new - if you try and try and try to get into a sim before you reach the age of acceptance, then you will succumb to the same fate as me. I am by no means a big loss to this SIM. I buy a lot of cats, but not enough probably to be sorely missed by them. I've found other places to shop and spend my time. But, if there were, oh, I don't know, five, ten, fifteen of me, I'm sure that our combined loss to the merchants who rent in that SIM would be felt. Who knows how many of us there are out there, but, for now, I am just one.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. I'm over it mostly, but still butthurt.

That sound as a sad misunderstanding, Bumblebliss!
I find it very correct of you that you don't mention the sim involved that would cause only drama >.<
It also shows your well intending motives, I think :-)
I hope some day the misunderstanding for your enthausiasm will be solved.
For the most part this community used to be a nice and a newcomer friendly one.
I am not sure how that is these days cause I breed a little compaired to how it was and I am not selling and rarely buying anymore.

Take care Smile

Kayleigh

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Ivy Norsk , Bumblebliss Resident
07-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Don't fret about being banned. I have been in SL since 2007 and I have not caused grief to anybody, but I am banned to a certain sim due to association. Does this bother me? Oh gosh no! There are other markets out there you can shop who are friendly and accepting new and old breeders. Like Ivy said, "Don't worry, be happy." This is your SL. You make it what you want. Enjoy Smile

Crepe MyrtleHeart
Rawr! Kitty Owner
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan , Ivy Norsk , Ryanna Enfield , Bumblebliss Resident
07-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Thank you all. Now I am happy and I have learned to knotch and wear with pride my badge! I think I am even finished with being hurt over it. Yes, you are right, there are so so many other places I can and do go.

No, I am not mentioning or even whispering the sim - who needs the drama! But now I feel better and I think it is a good warning for others who do not know that multiple attempts to tp somewhere can and might be seen as a bannable offense, depending on what program they have running.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Kayleigh McMillan , AstridSolace Resident , Ivy Norsk , Markham Weatherwax
07-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Bumblebliss

I don't think by trying to get into a SIM you are banned. I don't know of any way the landowner can tell the number of attempts except by viewing a visitor list, but attempts are not logged.

One way you can be autobanned is if you are using a certain viewer like Singularity. There are some security tools out there that can tell what viewer you use and will ban all that use those viewers. They say it is for the sake of security, but then it leaves innocent newbies out in the dust.

I'm sorry your requests are not being answered. Did you try a notecard? business owners usually use them because their IMs are capped. I suggest to you getting a new account (you didn't hear it from me) and then use the standard SL viewer or Firestorm and don't keep attempting to get into the sim, and when it is at the appropriate age, try to get in.

[Image: 2hxadq8.jpg]
07-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Lana. Maybe so, but I have moved on. I didn't realize how many places there were to shop, but now I do! Thanks!
07-20-2015, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015 01:51 AM by Maxwell Grantly.)
A friend of mine gave me administrative rights to a sim that he owned but he added that it was his preference that I should not ban people. He explained that indiscipline or griefing could be better dealt with by simply evicting that person. When I asked for his reasoning he explained that these people could, one day, become customers of his. I could see his logic and I abided by his wishes. I never did ban anyone from that sim.

I accept that, sometimes, something completely innocent can lead to a ban from other administrators of sims. I assume, by what you said, that this is what happened in your case. Just remember, in the end, this is their loss and not yours. You did intend to become a customer of theirs and, perhaps, if the ban were not in place, your future could have been so very different. Perhaps you would have ended up becoming an auctioneer or a vendor and become more involved in the running or promotion of that sim or maybe you would have supported it in other ways. Whatever, you had wanted to spend your Lindens there: it’s their loss.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bumblebliss Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Whispers Magic
07-24-2015, 07:49 AM
I have been in SL for quite a few years now, and have been banned at one sim. For much the same reason as some have listed here, by association. And since I didn't really shop there anyway, it is not a huge loss for me. Banning potential customers only serves to hurt the seller, not the SIM owner. But with that being said, enjoy SL there are many more awesome sims out there with people that will jump in and have a good time with you Smile

In all my years here in this virtual world, my good experiences FAR outweigh the not so good ones Big Grin Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Bumblebliss Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)