Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New traits - blessing or curse?
12-13-2011, 10:53 PM
RE: New traits - blessing or curse?
I'm all for the fun of breeding before the selling craze, but we do get eager to get new stuff when we see people posting their newness... The problem is.. I do breed for perfect cats, as in harmonic ones, etc... I notice many people (new and old) not even having time to imagine their perfect cat or willing to have long line projects, because they'll end up no sales at auctions, stores, bid boards.. and I am talking awesome cats.

Releasing too many traits is great 'cos we all like new stuff, yeah, but it turned into a lottery kinda thing and I feel bad for new breeders who won't get a real chance to see their perfect cat coming, trait by trait, and enjoying it.

I think it's not just a KC matter though. The community should also step back and think what we are doing with the things we're given, liking them or not. If the whole point is to get a star for being the first one to get a certain trait, I can assure you this is not even close to the glory of finally getting the kitten you worked so hard on. It's great discovering a trait, yeah! I almost had a heart attack twice, but now I have to sell the traits alone instead of having time to work into getting them merged, making a beautiful kittycat.

I am writing this because most of my opinions about the secondary market have already being exposed by Mal, Noc, Yoko, Vila, etc.

We should all reflect on how to balance the rush of the brand new discoveries and the pure satisfaction of getting something you've been working on months.

And how to pay for that (not only food and milk, but we also have to add tiers, rentals etc on our scale).

<3 Emme
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Vilandra Miles , Khea Karas , Malicia Python
12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
New traits - yes.

New traits ALL the time - argh!

Conclusion: Easy now... we all like new stuff, but not THAT often! Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas
12-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Although I am brand new to all this, I have to agree. I can't afford to buy each new set/series when they come out. I have carefully chosen a few to begin my breeding but since I am basically starting at ground zero, it will take a while before I start to see real results. And by that time, I'm afraid that my newborns won't be desirable. New traits, yes, but please, not so often.
12-19-2011, 03:27 AM
i agree with all the others.... i breed since February 11... in this time i try to get some rare and awesome cats....
Every time i think "YAY i got a good one...", a new Update or Special-Kittens with new Traits came out...

on Auctions or bidboards.... forget it... if there new Traits out, no one wants your "Old"-Traited Kitten...

Plz, KC, no new traits in the next 6 Month, kick more old traits from the Starter. Not only Red Tabs and White Russians, kick some Eyes too, make them rare.
KittyCats... give us a chance to breed the "Old"-Traits a little bit longer... Thats good for you and good for us breeders...

12-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I posted about this previously in this thread - but very short. -And while I wholeheartedly agree that we have seen almost too many new traits recently, I must protest against the idea that noone wants "old" traits anymore.

Having been gone a while, my cattery contains NONE of the newer traits from halloween-kitties and onwards, and since I concentrated on combining some of the very "oldest" (original) traits for quite a while, I even have very few of the semi-new traits - apart from a few Ody. 1 ears and 1 or 2 curious whiskers.

But still - if I went and sold some of my best cats today - and the ones I talk about ONLY have original traits, not a SINGLE new one of any kind - I could easily sell the best for 10-20k or maybe even more.
Thing is, when traits "get old" it is not that people do not want them any more, it is just that noone buys a cat JUST because it has a Bengal Snow fur... or rounded ears... or odyssey rainbow eyes... it has to have a nice, beautiful or unique COMBINATION of traits, so when I combine ALL of the above + a lot more, it suddenly gets interesting - even if old Big Grin

So, to get back on topic: Yes please, take a break on the trait-releasing - NOT because old traits are no good and can't sell, but because we need a deep breath and a chance to implement all the new stuff in our old cats before we buy even MORE new sets of special editions etc. that is needed to get a first chance of whatever new things appear.
12-20-2011, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 03:31 AM by Nenya Eun.)
I totally agree, there have been IMHO, far too many new traits released on a too short period of time.

There are so many I am nearly lost and mixing everything.

Please, give us time to breed out those lovely traits.

Too many traits kill the traits !

Nen

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 11:41 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(12-13-2011 06:21 AM)Vilandra Miles Wrote:  I agree. I would love to breed, work and make kitties perfect, but it became a race of who's getting the new stuff first the last weeks/months. For the moment we need a serious slowing down in trait releases, so we're able to breed again. Thank you! Smile

I feel this as well my challenge is to make cats and ofcourse new traits perfect before I sell and with the current speed on releasing new traits my cool projects I worked on for ages are old news for some though not for me I love them:-)
I just love all cats I think and I buy "old" furs and traiters as well!
I would prefer though a faster breeding/ birth cycle to meet all these new releases because I rather have both and plenty of new exciting traits and a time preassure relief to implement them in my current projects:-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Kayleigh wrote:

"I would prefer though a faster breeding/ birth cycle to meet all these new releases because I rather have both and plenty of new exciting traits and a time preassure relief to implement them in my current projects:-)"

Oh yes - I've been wanting this a long time! -Or well, not a faster breed cycle... My meeroos get nests every 5 days, and that's almost too much! -But if cats could take just 7 days to grow up and get 100% love instead of 14, that would help a lot! -But.... I think this is a topic for a new thread, really. ;-)
12-20-2011, 03:18 PM
(12-20-2011 03:01 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Kayleigh wrote:

"I would prefer though a faster breeding/ birth cycle to meet all these new releases because I rather have both and plenty of new exciting traits and a time preassure relief to implement them in my current projects:-)"

Oh yes - I've been wanting this a long time! -Or well, not a faster breed cycle... My meeroos get nests every 5 days, and that's almost too much! -But if cats could take just 7 days to grow up and get 100% love instead of 14, that would help a lot! -But.... I think this is a topic for a new thread, really. ;-)

Totally agree it seems maybe much indeed every 5 days but if maturing and breeding together took 7 days that would be fantastic! Nods

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
-I posted this suggestion in a new thread now. -As it is RATHER major, I think it deserves that :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)