Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Mass Teleports?
06-19-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: Mass Teleports?
I personally do not hide my online status to anyone! BUT if they mass TP me .. simply they loose that right .. ( just a click of the box ) then it saves me the ( OHHHH why did you delete me drama. If you do not appear online to them they cannot mass tp you

http://truekittens.wordpress.com
http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/147491
http://twitter.com/TrueKittens
So many cats, so little time......
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2015, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 07:39 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
(06-19-2015 06:44 AM)TrueKittenAmore Resident Wrote:  I personally do not hide my online status to anyone! BUT if they mass TP me .. simply they loose that right .. ( just a click of the box ) then it saves me the ( OHHHH why did you delete me drama. If you do not appear online to them they cannot mass tp you

Oh, good point. I was actually hiding mine from all my casual friends/acquaintances for a while for privacy reasons... but that just creates confusion/drama when you wind up in the same room as them and are obviously online. But you are right, they can't send a TP to you, even if ... mmm... you ask them to. Yes, I might know from experience! Ooops! :-)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2015, 09:26 AM
I have actually had way more people be upset that I hid from them. A lot of peope don't even bother to IM me if i've deleted them for mass tping me. I clear my list out once every few months. I guess it all depends on the person but I have deffinitly cleared my list recently for mass tping and if we don't talk. But in my experience I have had a bad reaction if I hide from them, I guess people take that more personally than being deleted. No idea but there's tons of solutions to not be mass tped, each to his own. Smile

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2015, 08:08 AM
I have to agree I hate getting multiple mass TP's. I think I may have upset one auctioneer when after arriving at the auction 3 people including the auctioneer sent me a TP to that location and I was rather vocal about it in local chat. More irritaing than getting 3 tp's to an auction in 5 minutes is getting 3 TP's to an auction you are ALREADY AT!
I admit I send out mass TP's, but I check first if people are present, only send to those I think will be interested and always always respond if they IM me to say they can't come.

We are never going to stop them but senders could minimise the impact on people by checking first to see if they are already there, only send out TP's later in the auction to people that have come online since the first batch, if they didn't take the first or the second they ain't gonna take the third and if they get free most people will remember theres an event and ask for a TP if they want to attend. Also look at who you are TPing and ask yourself if they will be interested or even in some cases with my list are they likely to attend this event due to "politics". Finally if you have TP'd someone and they have taken the time to acknowledge it and IM you the reply to them, it's only polite.

As for hiding v deleting its a toss of the coin, if someone decides to leave you an offline and you are online you are busted and people do tend to be upset by that, I recently deleted a couple of people for hiding from me, if they don't want me to know they are online they don't need to know I am but I don't hide I delete.
A couple of months ago I deleted an auctioneer for mass tping me when I hadn't attended one of their events in weeks, I recieved a rather rude and slightly abusive IM. All you can do is whats right for you because you can bet the mass TPers are. Above all remember its your SL and its what you make it.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , fabioazevedo Oh
08-21-2015, 04:05 AM
A little addition to this thread in light of a recent attempt by someone to make a drama out of nothing. If you don't want to be TP'd because say you are at another auction then please for the sake of everyone having a drama free SL tell the person that TP'd you not say for example the auctioneer at the auction you are still at.
Lots of auctions run over or are slightly overlapping, for the most part auctioneers accept this and worl around it.
Panel buyers will buy early panels at one and late at another. Complaining to the auctioneer that you just recieved a TP to another auction creates unnecessary drama so I appeal to everyone to please please please take it up with the person sending the TP!
And remember no one has anyway to know 100% where you are so won't be offended by a simple "at another auction I will/will not be there shortly"

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)