Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Summer...
06-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Lightbulb Summer...

This is my third summer in KC, and, like many, I had the opportunity to see the whole is "retraction" What happens in the secondary market, every summer. (Well, where I live, I'm going in winter).

People rushing to reduce their cattery, reduce their boxes, close their shops, and spend a summer bored, away from KC.

The second thing I have observed is that, most people just got used to it.
This turn a "tradition" and bearing, follow the flow normally, and nothing can be done to change.
People just "shaped". Another summer has arrived!

It seems that summer is a hole in KC calendar.

Well, maybe who created the calendar of KC launches, did not notice this hole in the calendar, and this has been going on for years. Maybe it was done on purpose. Also because I see people say naturally to the other, get rid of their boxes quickly, the summer arrived. I do not know.

But I'm not a person who just look at things and resign myself to them. Summer will come and we will have to kill all the cats, and sit in a chair, spend six months bored and expect Halloween to start all over again.

I do not follow this "conformity".

Perhaps what I'm going to suggest, it has been suggested by others in the past. I have also talked to other people who feel the same way, but it's time for KC change its 'calendar releases', and correct this "summer hole" in the calendar.

Instead of Halloween, Christmas, Valentines and Easter, all so next, the collections that bring new traits should come every 3 months. Thus it would be possible to work all new traits in a better way. Each new eye color be better worked on each new fur, and new traits, all we would have time to work with them. is very bad, lots of money on collections, close to one another. The amount of new traits that KC gives us seems good, only time the collections are very close to each other.

Suggestion:

Collections with new traits
?September: Halloween / autum
?December: Crhistmans / Winter
?March: Easter / Spring
?June: XXXX / Summer

Collections without new traits
?February: Valentines
?August: RFL
?Birthday SL
?Birthday KC
?Firestormy

what do you think?

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Morgan Trevellion , Priestess Firanelli , Icestron Resident , Inferialis Rappaport , Ivy Lane , VeetMesser Resident , Garance Kidd , Beryl Landar
06-04-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: Summer...
A revised schedule would be fine with me. Certainly getting the traits out before the new collection comes in always seems impossibly rushed (and therefore I skipped opening the Valentines cats this year).

I have always assumed that the current schedule was set up for reasons having to do with HQ personnel schedules, and therefore influenced by things that we simply don't know.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
06-05-2015, 04:56 AM
I kind of like this 'boring hole' you speak of. Since to me, it isn't boring at all. I get to focus on my own projects while talking to people in the group without the 'I need to trade this!'-interruptions. People also discover new traits during the summer as they sit down and focus on a whole different level on their breeding without the distraction and stress of 'need to do this fast because there's a new collection coming!'. If you spread the collections out I think it would just constantly be a 'Need to do this before the next collection comes!'-deal and we would lose this period of intense project-working and get those still hidden new traits to come out and shine. We can take our time and just enjoy the cats.

That said, I'd love a midsummer-collection, since that is a major holiday in my country. We have barely heard of halloween here for instance, it just within the last recent years people have tried, and unsuccessfully so, adopt the Halloween-craze we see in the american movies.

I still don't want to be without the, what you call it, 'boring hole' though. It's one of my favourite times.
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , Mizaki Resident , Priestess Firanelli , fabioazevedo Oh
06-05-2015, 05:04 AM
I think you've got a point there, Fabio.

I must admit that I was kind of overstrained when the 4th Birthday Kitties came out and only minutes after (when I still was trying to cope with the hunt) two more collections: The fOrGet-ME-nOt!s AND the CupidCatS!. So I decided to skip the fOrGet-ME-nOt!s. Too much money and too much excitement for me.
Had one of them come out to at later time I think I would have bought some.
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Inferialis Rappaport
06-05-2015, 08:58 AM
I'm away a lot over the summer, both for business and personal travel. It works out better for me that there are no limited edition releases to worry about over the summer months. I'm happy with things as they are.
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , fabioazevedo Oh
06-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I like the way Kittycats arrange their timetable and think it should be left as it is.

This is the time/opportunity for many breeders with smaller budgets to now get a chance to catch up also trait up their cats at a lesser cost. This levels the playing field greatly.

I like the breathing space the summer provides instead of feeling the need to buy the next set of collection kitties and being in the race to see if you have been fortunate enough to have a new trait.

I agree with both JC's and Petronilla's comments.

Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , Mizaki Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , Icestron Resident
06-05-2015, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 02:52 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
(06-04-2015 05:50 PM)fabioazevedo Oh Wrote:  The second thing I have observed is that, most people just got used to it.
This turn a "tradition" and bearing, follow the flow normally, and nothing can be done to change.
People just "shaped". Another summer has arrived!

I think the word that you may be looking for is "caved" - meaning that they gave into it and quit trying to do otherwise.

I think that people may have caved in to the idea of summer. I've heard people say that the summer slow down started early this year. I'm wondering if people were expecting it to slow down, so they slowed down early, causing it to happen early - and making it - or at least the severity of it - a self perpetuating event.

Add to that all the discussion that the market is dropping... and the fear that can cause... and everyone becomes afraid to buy.. so no one can sell.

I'm planning to hold on tight, keep selling over the summer and see what happens.

More on this later....

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kramer Rasmuson , fabioazevedo Oh
06-06-2015, 06:06 AM
SL IS slow in summer, not only KittyCatS but I'll speak of something I know, rentals too.

That's how it is and I think it's actually quite good to have a time where we can sit down &
analyse the things we want to focus on in the "busier" months.

Hikari Smile

Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , fabioazevedo Oh
06-06-2015, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 12:44 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
(06-06-2015 06:06 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  SL IS slow in summer, not only KittyCatS but I'll speak of something I know, rentals too.

*nods* It's my first summer on SL, but I'm hearing that re: the attendance at events where I'm modeling as well.

Personally, I'm just wondering if those of us who are here are making it worse and/or making it start earlier, by being more conservative than is necessary.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
06-06-2015, 02:01 PM
I agree with Fabao that the low season is TO long even though I see the point about catching up and be able to breed for a while with less stress and distraction...but do we need it to be from May until October? And i agree with jc aferdita that its time that the Swedish midsummer tradition is recognized. We have to "put up" with St. Patriks, Halloween etc ...should be our turn now Smile Midsummer is 19-20 June and would be a perfect time for a collection before everyones holiday begin in July-August.

Tess Firanelli

Heart HAPPY PAWS ~ for happy cats Heart
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , fabioazevedo Oh , Icestron Resident , Brunabug Nightfire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)