Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Menagerie & Supply & Demand
06-08-2015, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 02:25 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
RE: Menagerie & Supply & Demand
(06-07-2015 05:28 AM)Shamu077 Resident Wrote:  You have over 100 boxes for sale on MP. Is that the new secret to moving ordinary cats that are also for sale InWorld by the thousands? If you can sell cats there while the Inworld cats collect dust, I guess that's the new business model. We have enough secondary market sims already with empty shops and dusty boxes.

I have not used MP to list my 1000 boxes in inventory because I have other businesses where I need to spend my time, and where I have a good income.

And I have been through 3 summers already of trying to sell kittyboxes Inworld. It has really not been worth the trouble to pay the shop fees until October, at least up to now. I sell more cats from personal referrals during the slow season, than at shops.

Quite possibly. I didn't rent a shop in world for very long before realizing that that wasn't a sustainable business model for me. I do still rent prims for live tables, bid boards, etc., when I need to.

In as far as the MP, I only sold one box from June 3 - June 6 (inclusive), and was getting a little worried. Then I sold six today! Granted, half of them were L$99 boxes, but it pays the kibble bill. I think trying to keep the prices reasonable - whatever that is - and working to reduce my costs (cuddling while I do other things online instead of using milk, etc.) helps.

Truth be told, there ARE half a dozen boxes out on the floor at my house waiting to have their pictures taken and their info copied into Word docs. I have a routine that I go through once or twice a week, when I have the time, to add new boxes to the MP in batches. It is a lot of work, but I'd rather be working to sell them than sitting around watching them gather dust.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident
06-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Two ideas jumped out at me
1. - donate in some way to Relay for life

2. - have a menagerie kitty that needs a whooole heappa boxes - maybe a 1000.

or a combination of the two - would be super cool I think

Big Grin

?????? [ Amber (Icestron Resident) ] ??????
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2015, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2015 08:57 AM by BitchyBabez Resident.)
I havent been in breeding kittycats for very long maybe 6 months. But I do know one thing..it seems that their buisness model of 50 k dollars per cat menageried is the original plan. In the begining..this probably seemed adequate..now not so much.
If you consider what each of us pays for food and milk if we use milk..50k dollars is ridiculous to say the least.
And lets be honest those tigers are lame...like an old hanna barbera cartoon from the 70s...originally they were prob very cool...but now they are outdated...

When it comes to buisness..a buisness owner (kittycats) gets tunnel vision...it isnt broken in their eyes because they are turning a great profit...but from our side the system is failing. Im not sure how many breeders are out there but im sure KC can afford to give greater incentives to breeders to menagerie cats. Lets just say I am trained in sales and customer service...while the csrs are great the customer appreciation by kittycats is lacking terribly.
As far as kittycats technology has come, whip out some stunning menagerie leopards with newer traits. Tony the tiger just doesnt cut it now.
Increase menagerie fees shakes my head...greed or tunnel vison..either way things need to change.

I myself have bred 400 kittens without 1 mega. Why bother?
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , Devilness Chant , Lostime Resident
06-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Actually, I don't even understand the menagerie tigers. Do their traits pass to kittens? I have never seen a kitten for sale that carries a tiger coat, so I am thinking its a costume. But what about the other tiger traits, like the tail? Do those pass? I have been trying to save for a menagerie tiger, but I am not sure its worth it. Much appreciation to anyone who can clear this up! Thanks!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
06-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Okay so, the menagerie tigers are/were a sort of special LE collectible limited edition starter. That is, they are a costume cat, with a starter underneath, but with the "limited edition" ability to pass certain traits, the tiger traits. These are wild tiger ear, tiger curl tail, blushquartz eyes, and jade eyes. As with all LE starters, there is not a guarantee that a tiger trait will be present to pass. (That bit really confuzzled me when I realized that you spend, say 250 boxes, and still aren't guaranteed to get a tiger trait at all, but well, it uses the programming/ distribution method that all the other LEs use.)

At this point in the game their only value is as a costume cat. All of the tiger traits are very well-spread about the markets, and indeed one can purchase a "triple tiger" or "double tiger" - that is with 2 or 3 of the afore-mentioned tiger traits SHOWING, for a very modest linden price these days.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident , Lostime Resident
06-17-2015, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 09:45 PM by Oselkhandro Resident.)
Thank you Ivy! That helps a lot..I guess I should use my menagerie lindens for kibble, after all. Oh well!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
06-17-2015, 10:11 PM
All I really meant to say was that the value of a Menagerie Tiger is as a Collection Cat for the costume. It is no longer valuable for the traits which are efficiently got in the market. But I was not saying that the tigers have no value (they still have a lot of value).

[Image: 23ljy4i.jpg]

This is Tiger Flower, who I got just last week. She is named after an obscure book from the 1960s and I hope to take some photos with her reminiscent of the book.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident , Devilness Chant , Lostime Resident , MsMagick Resident
06-18-2015, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 07:20 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
*nods* Tigers aren't guaranteed to be hiding tiger traits, so if that is your aim, you're much better off buying a kitten that you know has them.

But they are still wonderful to have for their costumes & sheer tiger power. :-)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3328]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3326]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3327]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Ivy Norsk , Oselkhandro Resident
06-19-2015, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 06:37 AM by Lostime Resident.)
Aaaaw that is one tree climbing Tiger
Rolleyes Aaaaw that is one tree climbing Tiger Big Grin
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
06-19-2015, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 07:51 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
(06-19-2015 06:36 AM)Lostime Resident Wrote:  Aaaaw that is one tree climbing Tiger
Rolleyes Aaaaw that is one tree climbing Tiger Big Grin

Oh, he's been watching too many Flying Kung Fu movies - he thinks he can fly!

This is what happens if he keeps going after he reaches the top of the tree.
(He actually just hangs there if I stop him, but he'll drop slowly once he starts moving again.)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3329]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3330]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The Magick Cattery

Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Ivy Norsk , Ryanna Enfield

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)