Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

I AM SO SAD...please update Firestorm cats too!
05-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Sad I AM SO SAD...please update Firestorm cats too!
I am so sad that the Firestorm Cats will not have the updates and be able to play with each other and dream and do all the other new things that kitty cats do. PLEASE, please, please reconsider not updating the Firestorm cats!?!?!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Winter Phoenix , Aubreygrace Starlight , Lostime Resident
05-02-2015, 12:49 AM
RE: I AM SO SAD...please update Firestorm cats too!

Wondering why they dont.

Dont see how there would be a tech issue,
its just a permapet with a fancy paintjob.

Unless the factory is saying...

" YOU WANT DREAMIN' CATS? GO BUY A REAL ONE!"

[Image: phoenix%20kitteh1.jpg][Image: phoenix%20kitteh2.jpg]

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , RoxonAve Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Isabelle Brucato , Jelly Supply , Gloria Marchant , MarissaCloud Resident
05-02-2015, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 05:01 AM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
Mine updated. I did the update for all my perma pet cats and they all have updated. At least i am sure my FS one did,i can double check

Updated
I noticed one of mine are still 1.34 and the new ones are 1.44.
I find it starnge they don't update, that's a bummer!

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
05-02-2015, 06:38 AM
Hi !

I remember when the Firestorm cats were released, it was written on the info note card
that they would *not* be "updatable".
Probably a business agreement between the Firestorm and KittyCatS teams and I don't think
there is much that can be done about it.

Hikari Smile

Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
05-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Not sure why Firestorm would care if cats, that were made as a tribute to them, were able to be updated or not. Actually, I think KittyCats could update the Firestorm cats if they wanted to. They aren't really any different than the regular KittyCats or the ones that have been perma-petted. If enough people indicate that they want their Firestorm cats to be the same as all their other cats I think the KC team might be willing to consider updating them too.

(05-02-2015 06:38 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  Hi !

I remember when the Firestorm cats were released, it was written on the info note card
Probably a business agreement between the Firestorm and KittyCatS teams and I don't think

Hikari Smile
 Thanks given by: Lostime Resident , Oselkhandro Resident
05-07-2015, 08:17 AM
I rezzed mine along with the other 40 in my inventory and I'm pretty sure it was updated as well.

The CatHouse
(( MARKETPLACE ))
(( IN-WORLD SHOP ))

07-01-2015, 10:51 AM
(05-07-2015 08:17 AM)Gloria Marchant Wrote:  I rezzed mine along with the other 40 in my inventory and I'm pretty sure it was updated as well.

No use to be pretty sure.

Quote:NOTE: Firestorm cats can not be updated. They were free collectible PermaPetS™ which will keep their 1.34 release version through all their 9 lives.

Source: http://kittycats.biz/blog/2015/04/28/kit...ate-v1-44/
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
07-01-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 01:31 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
(05-03-2015 09:26 PM)Mistie Frostwych Wrote:  Not sure why Firestorm would care if cats, that were made as a tribute to them, were able to be updated or not. Actually, I think KittyCats could update the Firestorm cats if they wanted to. They aren't really any different than the regular KittyCats or the ones that have been perma-petted. If enough people indicate that they want their Firestorm cats to be the same as all their other cats I think the KC team might be willing to consider updating them too.

(05-02-2015 06:38 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  Hi !

Hikari Smile

I would bet that it has something to do with how they are entered in the KC database and/or how they are scripted.

If you're giving away a bunch of free cats that won't ever need all the info tracking, you might do something different with them to save on resources. Anyone know?

Whatever the reason, they were obviously designed that way from the start, and it does make sense.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
07-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Something to remember is that Firestorm cats are both free AND permapetted. Other free cats never came permapetted before. So that makes the firestorms extra special. AND they come with a voucher to get a normal starter that can be updated. In my eyes that is really generous of Kittycats, and I don't mind them not being updated, because the package they give already give us so much. We never have to purchase a permapet vitamin for them, that's 1500-1800L that they just gave us, for free. Times two, for those that have both cats. And then the cost of a starter cat is at 199L I think it is, 1999L just given to us. Maybe that's just me though, thinking it's generous and feeling bad for asking for even more from them.
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
07-01-2015, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 02:18 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
(07-01-2015 01:37 PM)jc aferdita Wrote:  In my eyes that is really generous of Kittycats, and I don't mind them not being updated, because the package they give already give us so much.

Exactly!

(Plus, the business-side of my mind says: Unlike with the other free kitties, they are never going to sell food or vitamins for them, so there is no income from them to offset the costs of maintaining space on the servers for them, etc. And with them being free, that could be a LOT of cats.)

They are a great advertising tool, and puuuurfect for letting people who are curious about KCs give them a test drive or for someone who just wants a pet, but I think that it is clear that they were never meant to have all the capabilities of a normal KC.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)