Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Hud 2.0 Font Size
04-29-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: Hud 2.0 Font Size
Go ahead and laugh at my giant fonts LOL

I wish I could show you how I actually SEE the screen but I will try to describe it...

So... This is my entire screen in Firestorm with the HUD on (moved my chat window down out of the way, normally it covers the whole screen) To me, the text isn't really text, just furry lines - that's how I see it but I'm sure others see text. I still haven't been able to find the various controls but that's probably just me. I can squish my face up to my own picture and kind of see the furry letters, though. I can only see 2 cats. I haven't been able to figure out how to see the rest. Someone helping me in chat last night said there's a scroll bar but I clicked where she said it was and nothing happened (either I clicked in the wrong spot or clicked in the right spot but could not see what it did). I did accidentally minimize/close the hud at once point but I have no idea how I did that and how to get it back LOL had to detach and re-attach again.
[Image: KCHud20_1.png]

I don't use the cattery at all, except for boxes. I use Ctrl+ in my browser (Chrome) to increase the font size but I've also set Chrome to have a default font size of 24pt. My screens are usually set to 150% to 200%.
I added 2 female cats to cattery. Only 1 showing, don't know why, but anyway... It doesn't all fit on one screen, so two screen shots: 1st, then I scrolled down, then 2nd one.

Top part of cattery page with cat in it:
[Image: KCHud20_2.png]

Bottom part of cattery page with cat in it:
[Image: KCHud20_3.png]

Thanks for working on this KC! I look forward to seeing how this can be fixed because the new HUD does sound really cool.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2015, 03:20 PM
(04-29-2015 03:14 PM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  I hope this helps. Smile As you can see the letters in the hud are tiny and hard to read. It's a beautiful hud and I'm sorry to complain.

Thats Ok! We were ready to take a lot of comments on it. This is not unexpected.
Nevertheless; we created an additional way to view your cats, and will see what we can do to improve it even more Smile This hud is more a proof of concept. it has a lot more potential...
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Wendi Lavendel
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM
(04-29-2015 03:18 PM)Wendi Lavendel Wrote:  Go ahead and laugh at my giant fonts LOL

I am always willing to laugh with you, even when it almost kills me and makes me spit soda out my nose. Tongue But I would never laugh at you. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel
04-29-2015, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 09:15 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
Regarding Turning on Media for the New HUD, here are some notes from my Geek Girl, who is an IT professional in RL and does building, scripting, etc in SL, and has also built her own viewer:

* Media uses old (vulnerable) Webkit libraries in most viewers (including Firestorm) [Basically, it's like you are using a very unsafe web browser. Even the version that she personally tried to fix failed multiple safety tests.]

* Media can and has been used to geolocate users, tying SL usernames to RL places (more or less accurate) by allowing the owners to link user names to their IP addresses.

* The media filter (which lets you selectively enable media) doesn't exist in all or even most SL viewers. Notably, it doesn't exist in the official SL viewer, nor does it exist in Kokua, UKanDo or Alchemy, nor in Exodus (which is still popular among the SL combat crowd)

* Media does not work the same for everyone. For some (very few) people it doesn't work at all.

I'm happy to put any of the KittyCats team in touch with her if there is anything that she can do to help.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
05-03-2015, 01:02 AM
Well, glad to know I am not the only one having this problem. The font on 1.44 hud is nice and large-ish, especially compared to the font on the 2.0 hud. I have vision problems, I wear glasses, but my glasses only correct to 20/40. Anyway, that tiny font makes the new hud impossible for me to use. Maybe make the kitty pictures smaller to make more room for bigger text?
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)