Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Hud 2.0 Font Size
04-29-2015, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 09:09 AM by Wendi Lavendel.)
Bug Hud 2.0 Font Size
I might as well start the thread Big Grin

From what I hear, a lot of work must have gone into making this HUD and adding all those really awesome features!! The work on this is greatly appreciated, especially as many of the features were requested by the community, and it's awesome to know that you guys listen Smile

So I was going to start by whining that I lost a lot of my eye sight last year and am therefore finding the new HUD impossible to use, but I have heard that a lot of the "sighted" users are actually finding they have the same problem!

My peeve is more that in my viewer, I have the fonts set very, very large (and I still sometimes have to use a program called ZoomText to see things or to read the chat text back to me). The old HUD seemed to adjust fine and was somewhat readable. The new HUD does not adjust at all.

To me, the text is not merely tiny, it appears to me as a bunch of furry lines. I can't even really see the cats - I see some are grey, some black-ish, some are white, some are brown, but that's about it. I also can't find any of the controls described to me in text by another user, I just can't see it well enough to guess where to click to do things (although I did minimize it or close it by accident and that was it, I was not able to get it back again - I was hoping to try and edit the hud and stretch it to see if that helped but I haven't been able to get the HUD to appear back on my screen lol).

Sometimes when I need to see things in the viewer that are graphics, I screen shot and then paste into Paint.NET or GIMP and zoom in, but that didn't even work - zooming in on the area where the text should be just shows blurry letters (maybe I need better graphics, I dunno, but it seems a waste to spend more money on better graphics I can't see anyway Big Grin Big Grin)

Anyway!! I am not all that convinced that my problems are unique to my own situation.. From what I am hearing, others are having similar problems. *looks around and waits*

If it is just my own problem, then that's fine; it's not important enough to get up on my "accessibility soapbox" since I can use the updated old HUD.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dottie Idlemind , MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant , Priestess Firanelli , Jelly Supply , Dimpz Morane , Eleanor8 Resident
04-29-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: Hud 2.0 Font Size
Hey there Wendeh

I do thank KittyCat and all those who make our kitties so utterly awesome, and I do appreciate all they do behind the scenes, they work so hard and not many really realise that.

I did try out the new Hud and I really did try to like it, I have found the new Hud very cumbersome in size in the main window, the writing is so small that I had to put my glasses on to try and see what was being said. Others I know have the same problem.

I am so happy that a new version for the old Hud is available as I really do like the old version a lot.

Please keep up the wonderful work you are all doing with our gorgeous kitties,

Rheaven Tussaud (Resident)
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Wendi Lavendel , Devilness Chant , Jelly Supply
04-29-2015, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 11:07 AM by Dottie Idlemind.)
Hi Wendy!

Viewing the new hud's text and graphics is difficult for me as well. My vision issues are not as severe as yours, but I do have problems with my vision. Smile

I have to lean in very close to the screen in order to see text and images in the new hud and this is not a position I can stay in for very long.

I LOVE the new hud and ALL that it brings to us..... but I do wish it was easier to see. Smile

I know the wonderful KC folks are already thinking about a fix for this because they are just that GOOD! Big Grin

Latest Discoveries

KittyCatS History Document
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Wendi Lavendel , Devilness Chant , Dimpz Morane
04-29-2015, 11:23 AM
I've always been impressed with all the wok KC people do to make their products and services amazing.

I too find the font far too small to see. And my teacup looks like an ant in my hud. lol I tried to edit and stretch it and found I can only make it smaller. (which really didn't help lol) I have a mid size monitor, not sure the exact size but it's not small. The only way I would be able to read the text on the hud is if maybe I had one of those giant tvs.

When I scooted across my living room floor and put my face up to my monitor the hud was really nice. Still hard to read but it's a great idea. I would love to have one that I could see, maybe stretch to view? And copyable?

I really thank you for making the old hud usable. The min I found out there was one at the KC store I ran and got it. I've always loved my hud even though I don't have a lot of kitties, it makes my kitty life sooo much easier. It's nice to keep track to make sure none are missing and keep track of box times and partnering.

Time to run back to work, I just wanted to make a quick post about the size. I hope everyone is having a lovely day, evening, night. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , Dimpz Morane
04-29-2015, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 09:08 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
I love the updated kitties, but am using the Legacy HUD as well. I'm on a laptop and have to set the resolution to much less than is recommended in order to see things. I need a compact view that I can actually read, and am using the Colorful Large Dark version. Even if the new HUD were readable, I not going to enable media due to the security issues with doing so, so getting the Legacy one was a no-brainer for me.

---
P. S. I posted below about the issues with enabling media. I'd be happy to put any of the KC team in touch with my girl if it will help.

I'm afraid that I personally don't need or want the new design, and VERY much appreciate the fact that you had the legacy ones ready and available.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , Devilness Chant
04-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Hi guys. I am moving this to Feedback as that is a more appropriate place. Thanks!

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel
04-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Photo RE: Hud 2.0 Font Size
Hi All Smile

Thank you for your input.

I would like to ask if you would post an image of your cattery and HUD (as they are very similar), to show the difference in size.

You can post 2 separate images. (in my example they are merged)

Terms like "too small" or unreadable are hard to interpret, so a visual will be helpful.

In my case, the size of the HUD is nearly the same as the size of my cattery, but i assume many of you actually did scale up the cattery in some way, something that is currently impossible with the HUD.

This way we get an idea what the required "factor" to scale up would be. There are several ways to achieve this, some more desired then others.

For best results, i think its best to used a maximized SL viewer window and a maximized Cattery Browser window.

Thank you!

Here is my result:

[Image: Cattery_HUD.jpg]
04-29-2015, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2015 03:07 PM by Brunabug Nightfire.)
Not sure if I put the photos in correctly. Every time I tested in preview mode I got a broken photo thumbnail. So if you can't see the photos big I have attached them on the bottom under attachments.

I hope this helps you to see what I am seeing on my laptop.

[Image: photostream]

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
04-29-2015, 03:05 PM
(04-29-2015 03:01 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  Not sure if I put the photos in correctly. Every time I tested in preview mode I got a broken photo thumbnail. So if you can't see the photos big I have attached them on the bottom under attachments.

I hope this helps you to see what I am seeing on my laptop.

Thanx, you did it right, and its very usefull to us.
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
04-29-2015, 03:14 PM
I hope this helps. Smile As you can see the letters in the hud are tiny and hard to read. It's a beautiful hud and I'm sorry to complain. I really do appreciate the work you put into making it. Smile And I am grateful that you made a version of the old one that works cause I do Heart my kitty hud and would be lost without it.

[Image: Hud%20example_zpsde58unro.png]

[Image: Cattery%20Example_zpsoaslnzyo.png]

[Image: what%20I%20see_zps14x27fg1.png]

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)