Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur! Post your evidence here!
04-09-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 01:09 PM by fabioazevedo Oh.)
Rainbow New Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur! Post your evidence here!
You found, Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur in your started?

Use this topic to post your evidence in relation to the new trait Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur.

We all appreciate your help!

? Mr. Cat - Dominance Order Traits - Kitty Cats

[Image: avatar_10428.jpg?dateline=1375219794]

[/size]

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 05:18 PM by Eleanor8 Resident.)
Rainbow RE: New Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur! Post your evidence here!
The following pedigrees show Kitt's Tonkinese - Natural Mink (Rachel) and her parents and offspring so far.

[img][Image: b8n6vk.jpg][/img]

As you can see she was the offspring of a birthday girl and a cupid. Since I've been helping Kitt I've bred Rachel with an Aby Dark Choc and her kitten was an Aby Dark

[img][Image: 1zvq4v9.jpg][/img]

Her second and third kittens were both with Aussie Mist Blue Marbles as dad

[img][Image: ruwmj7.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 106d1uh.jpg][/img]

She had a Tonkinese - Natural Mink kitten each time.

So, from this I think it looks as if the Tonkinese - Natural Mink fur is recessive to Aby Dark and Dominant to Blue Marble.

However, we don't as yet know what her parent's hidden furs are. If the above is correct, one parent could hide the new Tonkinese fur and one Blue Marble or both could have the new Tonkinese fur, if it's the former we could have just been lucky in the two kittens she had with Blue Marble dads so far, or she could be pure Tonkinese - Natural Mink if the latter. She's currently paired with one of the Blue Marble boys and will have her next kitten in about four days time.

Her mum, Pineapple, has had two kittens with an Aby dark mate and made an Aby Dark kitten each time.

[img][Image: iqddfs.jpg][/img]

The second kitten was also a Aby Dark Choc.

I've now paired her with a Blue Marble and their kitten will arrive in about 3 days from now.

Her dad, Cupid, has had two kittens with an Aby Dark mate and has thrown his Genesis fur each time. I'm now trying him with a Blue Marble girl and see if he likes her any better.

[Image: l9l5d.jpg]

Hope this is informative and look forward to replies to this strand with more information as other Natural Minks arrive.

Eleanor
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Moonstream27 Resident , Dakota Bruhl
04-09-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: New Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur! Post your evidence here!

wow OMG

Fantastico Eleanor.

tyvm

We all thank you for the show pedigress.

Congratulations for the work.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
04-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Hi,

The only way to know for sure is to be certain that Pineapple is not hiding Blue Marble. Have you bred back to Pineapple to know what fur it is hiding? Because that Tonki is coming from the cupid. If Pineapple in previous breed gave aby dark chocolate, being mated with an aby dark, it would be aby dark or better. So a breed back would be necessary to make sure it is not hiding a Marble. If it hides a marble, then the tonki would be the more dominant. I am interested in Pineapple as to what it hides for certain as it would determine if that tonki is really more recessive than an aby dark.
04-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Ruby

Pineapple's new guy is an Aussie Blue Marble. So, it will be interesting to see in about 3 or 4 days what kitten she has. Just hope it's not a Genesis one.

(No pressure, Pineapple :-) )

El
 Thanks given by: Beloved Ruby
04-09-2015, 06:56 PM
hahah lets hope not!!
04-14-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm happy to report that both Pineapple and Cupid have been little stars this week and both passed their hidden fur. And both are hiding the Tonkinese - Natural Mink Fur.

[img][Image: 6sgy6a.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 2crm0qq.jpg][/img]

El
 Thanks given by: alansaqui Resident
04-14-2015, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015 09:14 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Wow, they both had the Tonki-Natural Mink! And they keep throwing their hidden fur. You gotta love those kitties. (Rubs their head for luck)

This looks like it places it right between the Dark Choco Aby and Blue Marble Aussie

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
04-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I think that's where it lies.

Pineapple (bless her little furry paws) has thrown her hidden with virtually every kitten. Cupid has a 50% hit rate, I have a hider from him and now with the Aussie Blue another Tonkie kitten.

El

Heart Eleanor
04-15-2015, 07:09 AM
My scientific theory is that Cupid and Pineapple are so deeply in love that they created a unique fur the Tonkinese Natural. And across all boundaries of space, time, and the laws of KittyCats, whoever you mate them with, the result will be "The Natural", a furry symbol of their true love, so strong that it continues to manifest even when they are apart. (that's a nice KittyCats fairy tale...)

Congrats Eleanor and I hope your starters inspire my starters, so far there have been 0 Love Connections in my cattery Smile

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , MarissaCloud Resident , Eleanor8 Resident , Moonstream27 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)