Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

newbie questions
03-27-2015, 06:22 AM
newbie questions
Hello

1.) What does 9T mean?

2.) What is the best way to sell Kittens on the market place?

3.) Is there a way to find out the original traits of the breed (one that has been retired?)

Huh
Thank you
derk5482
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: newbie questions
1) See the FAQ (http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=6434) for a complete definition. '9T' means it shown non-generic trait values for all nine traits.

2) If you mean the SL Marketplace, you can only sell boxes, and you'll need a Magic Box because you can't upload the cat directly. There are threads about it; other will be more help than I. If you mean the general cat market, I'd suggest renting a small stall at one of the more popular market sims, to get started.

3) Not unless you have access to the Pedigrees going back to all the starters. It doesn't matter, though, because genetics are fully determined from the parents. The FAQ covers this, as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: derk5482 Resident
03-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Ok I have read the FAQ's about a dozen times

1.) So all nine traits are non-genetic traits - So I need to know what the Genetic traits are right. how do I find that out?

2.) Magic Boxes I still can't find information about how to place the kitten inside the box.

3.) Looking for the original traits of a retired kitten - the American Shorthair - Red Tabby.

I'm trying to breed back in the original traits can this be done?

Thanks again, derk5482
03-27-2015, 05:15 PM
1) read the FAQ, again
2) edit the mb and drag the kitten from you inventory to the mb inventory
3) short answer: not possible

longer answer: to breed it, you have to have it. it's possible if your parents are dominant to red tabby and one hides red tabby. it is completely, utterly, absolutely impossible to get red tabby from parents showing more recessive, like siamese seal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2015, 07:29 AM
(03-27-2015 04:35 PM)derk5482 Resident Wrote:  3.) Looking for the original traits of a retired kitten - the American Shorthair - Red Tabby.

When people refer to a breed they are generally referring to the fur, which would be American shorthair -red tabby. Breed is not related to the other traits so the "original traits," ie the other 8 traits, on the red tabby could have been anything. And yes, your best bet is to find a red tabby and breed it with something more recessive to keep the red tabby in the offspring. If it's retired you won't be able to get the fur from starters so you'd have to find it on the secondary market.

[Image: Idle%20Daisy_zpsutbwp4me.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pa...161/186/21
03-29-2015, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 02:37 AM by derk5482 Resident.)
1.)1.) What does 9T mean?

These are 9 Traits: Must be non-Genesis to count towards "T" rating

1.) Any non-Genesis Fur
2.) Any non-Genesis eye color
3.) shade other than Natural
4.) Any non-Genesis tail
5.) Any non-Genesis ears
6.) whisker color other than silver
7.) whisker shape other than Guitar Shape
8.) Eye shape other than curious
9.) Pupil size other than Big

http://embed.gyazo.com/2fb5f7f9414150df7...9f42ea.png

2.) What is the best way to sell Kittens on the market place?

To Sell kittens:
edit the magic box
drag the kitten from you inventory to the magic box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViIljjAfrXU

3.) Is there a way to find out the original traits of the breed (one that has been retired?)

All cats start from Genesis cats. There is not a starter Parent group for the American Shorthair - Red Tabby. So there are no "starter" traits. I hope this is right.

This is the information I have found for those also curious
Thanks to all who replied,
derk5482
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)