Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Purchasing on SL Marketplace
04-15-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Purchasing on SL Marketplace
I have never sold cats on the marketplace but I have brought a few and they weren't 75L$ junk cats as Tad suggested but well traited and not cheap, they also were what they said and I have only ever had 1 delivery issue and LL reversed the sale automatically after non delivery.
So can't see much of a problem with it, you are just as likely to buy a cat inworld thats not what it's advertised to be with the tendancy of some breeders to say a trait definately hides thats only a possibility or even in some cases an impossibility.
No matter where you buy from do your homework.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant , RoxonAve Resident
04-18-2015, 08:27 AM
After posting earlier in this thread that I've had about 75 KittyCats boxes delivered with no issues, I had my first delivery problem this week! I think the buyer had the box delivered using the "as a gift" feature and the recipient had one of the do no disturb or away features on, from what the buyer said. The box still showed in my pedigree. KittyCats team of course found and returned the box to me in less than a day...and box is now delivered, and the buyer is happy.

I'm posting this to let other sellers know, I am going to go add a "Tips for a Successful Delivery" section to my listings.

Also, for those of us selling on the Marketplace, I have been reading in the Merchant section about VMMI a new virtual delivery system that they are beta testing on another grid, which *I think* would deliver from the seller's inventory and not require Magic Boxes. I am not techie enough to know pros/cons or details....but possibly changes will be coming in future. Hopefully they will be good changes Smile

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Devilness Chant
04-18-2015, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 08:53 AM by MsMagick Resident.)
(04-18-2015 08:27 AM)Malayaa Resident Wrote:  After posting earlier in this thread that I've had about 75 KittyCats boxes delivered with no issues, I had my first delivery problem this week! I think the buyer had the box delivered using the "as a gift" feature and the recipient had one of the do no disturb or away features on, from what the buyer said. The box still showed in my pedigree. KittyCats team of course found and returned the box to me in less than a day...and box is now delivered, and the buyer is happy.

I'm posting this to let other sellers know, I am going to go add a "Tips for a Successful Delivery" section to my listings.

Also, for those of us selling on the Marketplace, I have been reading in the Merchant section about VMMI a new virtual delivery system that they are beta testing on another grid, which *I think* would deliver from the seller's inventory and not require Magic Boxes. I am not techie enough to know pros/cons or details....but possibly changes will be coming in future. Hopefully they will be good changes Smile

Thanks so much! *makes notes*

Hmmm.. VMM (no I on the end) is the one that they started here, but it had massive delivery issues on regular items, so they stopped using it for deliveries around the end of last year. I believe this was the last status:

*NOTE: Currently, purchases will fail on Aditi. Since the bulk of the functionality for VMM is related to creating and modifying listings, we have made VMM available while we resolve the purchase problems. We will update this blog post when the issue is cleared.
- http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Comme...-p/2868209

When I was first figuring out how to use the Marketplace - February, maybe - I found the posts there asking if it could be used with breedables, but no responses.

I'll ask my girl, who is a builder, scripter and total techie geek, about VMMI. I'm hoping that while they are fixing everything, they will put in the functionality for breedables and other one-of-a-kind items.

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
04-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Ooops I screwed up the name there is no such thing as VMMI it is the VMM Ms. Magick referred to, my apologies...and I guess it's not anything new and exciting just old and "failed" so...looks like we will probably be using those Magic Boxes for a while longer!

Mal's MegaCatz Too Adorable
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Malayaa_Resident]
04-18-2015, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 06:36 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
(04-18-2015 10:11 AM)Malayaa Resident Wrote:  Ooops I screwed up the name there is no such thing as VMMI it is the VMM Ms. Magick referred to, my apologies...and I guess it's not anything new and exciting just old and "failed" so...looks like we will probably be using those Magic Boxes for a while longer!

LOL! I first thought that was what you meant anyway, and then looked at the name on the website and realized there wasn't an I on it. So we both did it! :-)

I'm still hoping they get set it up to work with breedables as they are fixing it. *fingers crossed*

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
04-19-2015, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 05:21 AM by Devilness Chant.)
When I saw that people were using the magic boxes to sell kitties I got confused and looked things up, which took me to the page that MsMagic talked about.

The reason I was confused that people were using the boxes to sell kitties, is because I have been selling the beds and things in MP for some time. At one point I could swear they announced over a year ago that they weren't using the boxes anymore and we were to use our inventory instead. So that's what I have done for over a year now.

The new system sounds the same as what I have been doing. I put my items in a separate folder in my inventory to keep track of them. You right click the item, in your inventory and you have the option to put on market place. Listing is still the same as with the box, I believe it's been a while since I did that, but it's pretty simple.

I read that if you have another item in your inventory with the same name that the system may deliver that one instead. So it seems to go by the name of item that you listed it under.

I'm just wondering if the problem may be that all breedable boxes have pretty much the same name. Like KittyCats. I don't really know since I never sold kitties in mp before. *edit Or because it's a one time item with no copy.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
04-19-2015, 06:43 AM
One can't use the mechant outbox to sell no copy items, that's why breedables are put on MP
via the magic box / old system.

04-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Breedables need the Magic Box because they are one of a kind, no copy items

VMM is ok with beds, clothes and stuff becasue you have unlimited items -- it is copiable even if once it gets to the new owner, it is set to no copy permission. I think it is taking a copy of the item from your folder and giving it to the buyer -- and you keep the original. You can't do that with Breedables and Gachas and other one-of-a-kind no-copy items.

The gacha resale folks have a lot of caveats for ordering since they can't get a replacement if something goes wrong like we can (support ticket-lost kitty). It looks it is best if

1. Buyer is in SL to accept delivery or has automatic acceptance of delivery on. If they click deny or have automatic refusal on, the item is automatically deleted and gone.
2. Buy one-of-a-kind items like breedables one at a time. Finish acceptance and delivery, then buy the next one. Apparently most of the problems with loss or delivery comes with multiple buys.
3. Buyers expect the item to arrive in the "Delivery" folder. Apparently it can be delivered directly into the "Objects" folder or elsewhere for one-of-a-kind. Ask the buyer to do a search for the item by name. If they accepted delivery, it may be in their inventory -- just not where they expect.

Those 3 seems to be the issues across the board that gacha sellers warn buyers about. Our buyers will probably need the same warnings. With Kittycats, I think in addition we need to warn buyers that if they don't receive it (for example if they denied delivery), then they need to give us 24 hours to get a replacement to them (if we received the money) as it will take that long for us to get the kitty back through support. At least if it gets accidentally deleted or lost, we can get a replacement back. Also if Kittycats already shows the kitty as in their pedigree -- we may need to walk them through how to file a support ticket as they will already be the new owner. We are luckier than those Gacha folks as we have backup but our backup plan needs time. The person will get their kitty.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Malayaa Resident
04-19-2015, 07:10 AM
*nods* You still officially have to use the Magic Boxes for one-of-a-kind/no copy items even through they are no longer officially supported and a lot of the help pages have been taken down. Go figure!

The Magick Cattery

04-19-2015, 08:02 AM
(04-19-2015 07:10 AM)MsMagick Resident Wrote:  *nods* You still officially have to use the Magic Boxes for one-of-a-kind/no copy items even through they are no longer officially supported and a lot of the help pages have been taken down. Go figure!

They/re evil!

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)