Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

SL and the Next Generation VR
03-16-2017, 01:11 AM
RE: SL and the Next Generation VR
I hope that Second Life will not be terminated or abandoned! I have so much money invested here, and thousands of kitten boxes plus dozens of active cats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2017, 10:37 PM
it wont!!!! they are investing millions now into sl and improving it. i just read an article about it. LL is well aware of people like you and that's one reason they are marketing sansar as a totally different product, which it is.

even people who don't have cats have other things from land to clothing, houses, skins, bodies, now bento heads, and they are very well aware that the second life community loves it and is highly invested. it's also where they make all their money.

sansar is a gamble and they know that. there are other virtual worlds like it like the creator of SL's "High Fidelity" and they have not made it.

so i think you are in the company of many, many, others and they have not only promised the community it's not going anywhere, they have been putting money into it.

they just redid the entire community portal online, introduced bento, and have other things in the works!
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Arwen Swordthain , Priestess Firanelli , Oselkhandro Resident
03-17-2017, 12:26 AM
I am with Callie also what I am reading now about people inside the beta. That SL and Sansar are not even remotely the same thing! Where SL is kinda create your own thing! Sansar is more go experience someone else creations. They even went as far as saying that Sansar is really more a vacation spot for the second lifers! Another thing that was hinted at is Sansar will not allow any type of adult content. While Kittycat's does not have Adult content obviously. There is a fair bit of adult content in SL and lacking that in Sansar will off set a reasonable part of the community in SL.

The build tools are still immature in sansar but from what have read as far as those go so far. There really designed for people with in depth knowledge of building vr environments or video game environments that the learning curve is extremely steep. That its not as simple as like going to the market place and buying a house and putting that house on to your parcel!. This is way more in depth the way it reads! I think Sansar will have a place just not the same place as Second life! there two different things!

Its like comparing a Space Shuttle to a Pickup truck! It really is the Space Shuttles high tech and really cool and has blinky glowly things all over it and is extremely expensive! The truck not so much! But at the end of the day which one are you going to drive to the local grocery store to get food in!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/project...33831.html <-- some info on Sansar

The other thing people dont really know yet is that VR is extremely limited at this time. its still in its infancy. Locomotion has become a huge challenge! Creators learned quickly that standard locomotion found in most games is not possible in VR titles! Aka pushing a joystick and you move forward. Due to the human body thinking it should be moving when its not. This has led to severe sickness in some cases with headaches and Nausea or a feeling of being sea sick/car sick very common. This is another huge hurtle that Sansar will be facing when it goes live! The main way around this for content creators is to either place you into some type of vehicle mimicking a car or they place you in a stationary spot!

what I could see happening is in 5-10 years once sansar has matured Sansar and SL merging and becoming one! Where things move over and sansar is more like sl and sl is more like sansar! Think updated scripting, mesh, etc. Thought that still speculation and only my speculation and pretty far off.

Heart Vote Arella Cause you Vote Counts! The vote for Arella initiative is not sanctioned by Arella are Arella's constituents Heart
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)