Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Verdant recessiveness?
11-23-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Verdant recessiveness?
Has any one figured out if Verdant is Dom or Rec to Lightwash yet????

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Nope. Several people including me stopped doing it when Rheaven did the test but since he didn't popped the hids on his two kittyboxes after a couple months, several of us went back to doing the test. I did a few light wash vs verdant kittyboxes but they all got the wrong hid. Happy and Deidra did the test too -- got the wrong hid. I think there was another person too. Ivy Norsk, was it you? So far no solid proof yet.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
11-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Summer has a pair or two going now -- hopefully she will have better luck with it.

If not, I have lots of boxes of both eye colors in my cattery, and multiple Light Wash live cats at the moment.
I may give it another go, after the holidays.
11-24-2016, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 07:48 AM by dralbatraz Resident.)
Just realized I have been pitting verdant against light wash for a while now... here is what I have been getting:
[Image: c7c1dee3a94c6c1c5abc658824f12712.png]

The mom Parsley has a chance of hiding Bellini, here is Mom's pedi:
[Image: 27bbc8d08e2b584183fd3c943e8f3e86.png]

But, here are the kittens from Parsley, take note of the ones with Esdras (who has Light Wash):
[Image: 58868f0d11f1773008c946a38f673d80.png]

Couldn't get them all on one page.

Hope this helps! (Also hope this works, first time trying to post gyazos in line).
-Dray
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Ivy Norsk
11-24-2016, 08:17 AM
(11-24-2016 07:36 AM)dralbatraz Resident Wrote:  Just realized I have been pitting verdant against light wash for a while now... here is what I have been getting:
(snipped pictures)

This more than suggests that Verdant falls below Light Wash, but we can't be sure until you have pulled the hidden eye.

I suggest that you breed one of Parsley's and Esdras' kittens that show Light Wash to a recessive eye and report back with your findings. You will have a solid proof if you get a box with Verdant shown

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
11-24-2016, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 01:51 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
That's a lot of babies, dralbatraz tht could provide the final proof! If you pop the hid on one of the Parsley (Verdant) vs Esdras (Light Wash) baby and it proves to be Verdant, that will place Verdant.

Parsley has Verdant shown. Her mom has Verdant shown but her mom's parents have Verdant and Ody Bell shown. So her Mom for sure has a hid of Ody Bell or more recessive. So Parsley has a 50/50 chance of getting Verdant or Ody Bell/more recessive from her Mom. Don't know enough about the dad to say one way or another. So the baby has to be bred against something more recessive than Strawberry Bellini to check if the hid is Verdant. Personally, I'd pop against something more recessive then Ody Bell because if the baby does get ody bell as the hid, you will know Parsley got her mom's hid. Parsley may be pure -- for sure 25% chance of being pure even without knowing the dad's history. I often check on a parent's hid though the kid.

(Whispers: i admit I am OCD on checking on hids. Raise your hand if you are addicted to finding hids. Don't hang your heads. It's ok. I have found hids on cats having the same fur shown on ancestors six generations back.)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
11-24-2016, 04:10 PM
*raises hand*

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
11-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Raises hand as well, and stands up proudly Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
11-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Unpack and test one or two of those kittens!

I had a lot of Light Wash kittens also when testing, and was so sure one of them had to hide Verdant.
But alas not a single one did. All revealed a more recessive hidden.

Let's hope one of yours comes through for the proof. Smile
11-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Brie has a live kitten of Esdra and Parsley (not shown on the pics above- it got cut off) and she said she would run it with a recessive eye and let us know the results. Fingers crossed it seals the deal!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)