Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Verdant recessiveness?
08-01-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Verdant recessiveness?
Thanks, Kayla! I'll be able to post those properly next time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Your welcome, Deidra, any time. Took me forever to figure out adding the .png so I'm glad other people get the benefit

(08-01-2016 12:49 PM)Deidra Loring Wrote:  Thanks, Kayla! I'll be able to post those properly next time.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Grrrr. kitties are being uber stubborn.. my Light Wash x Verdant test cat gave me a Light Wash eyed kitten again this week.

Still not showing me his hidden eye color. So we go another round.
08-04-2016, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 09:03 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Awww, but you still have hope HappyDaize! My LightwashxVerdant test baby with Verdant showing bombed! Picked up the more recessive hid Strawberry Bellini as it's hid. So crossing my fingers that in a week, it's sibling does better.

Not unhappy though. The "failure" was a pretty baby.

[Image: 549b920134aacdacea872a657ca38b99.png]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
08-11-2016, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 07:25 AM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
Hm has verdant been placed? I thought wendi toldme Reven placed it...thats why i axed my verdant project

Unless I misunderstood but i'm sure it was verdant

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
08-11-2016, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 09:03 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
I just spoke with Wendi, and she confirmed that Verdant has *NOT* yet been placed. A lot of us have been getting Light Wash kittens from the Verdant x Lightwash crosses... but we need to have pedigree proofs of those kittens hiding Verdant, as opposed to some other recessive eye colors.

So as of 8/11, we are still in need of pedigree proofs that Light Wash is Dominant and hides Verdant eye in those test kitties. Wink
08-11-2016, 10:32 AM
[Image: 4e6decc28d2561aa9af13298f4536872.png]

Marishka and Rheaven have a Light Wash kitten from a pair that appear to be pure Verdant and Light Wash, so we're close.

This is no proof though, unless the kitten is test bred to show Verdant hidden, or the parents' shown and hidden eyes can be verified.

I say pop that box now!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
08-11-2016, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:00 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
Yes.. I saw that box sitting out! I was hoping they'd either unpack and test it, or show pedigrees to reveal what the grandparents' hidden eye colors are. Smile

One of Dariell's parent passed him the Verdant... but from that pedigree alone we can't tell what eye the other parent might be hiding.
So we can't tell what the new kitten has for a hidden without further pedigrees and/or a test mating to reveal his hidden recessive.

---------

I should add that I have another Light Wash eyed kitten box sitting around, a test kitten from a Light Wash x Verdant pairing. I was holding off on opening it as I'd thought my first test kitten would cough up some results prior to this. But if anyone involved in Saga wants that box to open and pair for a test, IM me in world. I'll gladly hand him off to someone who is willing to unpack and test him to see if he hides Verdant or not (if we don't get two solid proofs in the interim).

♂ TEST 5M Light wash ...
Box
Fur: Australian Mist - Snow
Eyes: Light Wash (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Posh
Ears: Soft Curl
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Light Wave)
08-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(08-11-2016 10:38 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  Yes.. I saw that box sitting out! I was hoping they'd either unpack and test it, or show pedigrees to reveal what the grandparents' hidden eye colors are. Smile

I more than hope. I expect that every single breeder who uses the Saga Chart breeding space Both share what they are testing for and their results.
That's the whole point with this group effort.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
08-11-2016, 12:33 PM
I opened my LightWash vs. Verdant OS about a week ago, so in a week I'll be able to do the next test and will of course post results and send them to Saga if it's a successful test.

I wanted to add that in the past I've only pulled traits, I've never been one to do any testing like this and it's fun!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)